What I learnt from PoE experiences that might be needed here.

Discuss Median XL!
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
iwansquall wrote:I think i want to give shoutout to this tools
This is exactly what i meant for decent way to search runewords that is missing
Ability to filter stuff easily without needing to scroll through huge amount of pages
now we just need same thing for TU, SU, SSU & SSU

https://leliu1224.github.io/median-xl-runewords/

Excuse me but
This tool look and is amazing, but what's the point of doing that much work for something that has pretty much the same effect as a ctrl+f on the rw page?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
RyougiShiki wrote:
Marrt wrote:
The game needs more balanced builds, more reworked useful items, slower and harder mid-game and more end-game content. It also needs some incentive to play in party. Though, with a small dev team like this, reaching these goals will be a gradual process, so the direction is what's important.

Such as the very old version of uldy? 30 mini bosses + purify boss ? I think the develop team is continuously doing a thing that is make the game easier for at least early and mid game. For now as we come to this version, the ultra goal -- deimoss, basically I think can be deleted from the end-game goal caz the award is too small.

Yes that is exactly what I mean. Cancer mechanics and fights like old uldy which lasted forever should be avoided and it is a good idea to change/rework them. However, after the uldy fight reached its current form, his damage was reduced once and now modifiers like magic resist, stone form, etc were removed from the mini-bosses before that. I do not think such changes are necessary and do not see why the game should be made any easier than it is right now.

As for Deimoss.. yes it now deserves to be deleted.

RyougiShiki wrote:As for the balance issue, I think it will never come to a point as you expect. At least for myself I don't expect every char has the same potential ability to defeat deimoss. It will be a pain in the ass for both develop team and player. Personally I can accept some IMBA build that ez for the end-game content and that is all diablo-like game situation. But I do expect some more various build that a suitable for specific situation, such as a boss that is vulnerable for caster but hard for WDM. Or some melee-ez bosses and some range-ez bosses.

In general I do agree with you but I highly doubt whether the develop team will do the change to the direction you said.

I'm talking about the situation where we have a scorp blade sin that is able to do labs so fast and everyone is going for that build. In the same season we also delete crystal of tears from the item pool, which supposedly helps phys builds because they no longer lose life from it. In general ofc that not every build should be suitable for every situation and it would be cool to have end-game content for which you have to use different builds.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lynderika wrote:
iwansquall wrote:I think i want to give shoutout to this tools
This is exactly what i meant for decent way to search runewords that is missing
Ability to filter stuff easily without needing to scroll through huge amount of pages
now we just need same thing for TU, SU, SSU & SSU

https://leliu1224.github.io/median-xl-runewords/

Excuse me but
This tool look and is amazing, but what's the point of doing that much work for something that has pretty much the same effect as a ctrl+f on the rw page?

User accessibility, no need for endless scroll, and tons of more stuff can be done with better filter.
Imagine if new player playing as barbarian, trying to rune that they can wear at certain level range.
This tools can expand upon to.
At least that what developer planned to add to it based from here https://www.reddit.com/r/MedianXL/comme ... runewords/

Do you know which runeword you can wear at level 50? How about at level 90?
How about search for specific runeword containing specific rune AND contained specific stats?
Your old search method cant work

Just because existing documentation is there, doesnt mean it is perfect.
fobosollo
Thunder Beetle
50 | 2
Dear God, dont ever try to change this great mod to resemble GGG/Tencent shitty poe. Here at least i can target farm and peacefully grind my way up. Modern poe is rng whore.
Mnbowvice
Grouchy Smurf
26 | 9
You can target farm almost anything in poe, it's why they make the div cards...
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thats just the problem, I like to play my games, not read about them until I get bored.
PitStains
Balrog
124 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
IMO, PoE is not a great game. It's good the first time you play is (as long as you follow a guide), and then maybe play it 1 season a year; more like once every 2 years, for about 3 weeks (1 week is just grinding through the campaign, yuck). The endgame is cool, you have a lot of options, but you have to focus on a specific endgame path so really you're locked into 1 specific endgame path. There are dozens of "super rare" items that you can find and sell for 30-100 exalts and be able to complete your build ... completely eliminating your need to grind anymore. Then you're just hanging out in your Hide-out and staring at PoE trade sites. Not fun.
Mnbowvice
Grouchy Smurf
26 | 9
Poe campaign takes 8 hours if you're slow, not a week.
PitStains
Balrog
124 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mnbowvice wrote:Poe campaign takes 8 hours if you're slow, not a week.

Well.. a couple hours a day, 4 days a week = 1 week.

Plus for someone that's only done the campaign about 4 times now, I do get a little lost in the maps. So it's really more like 12-15 hours for me to do the campaign. And there's a couple hours of fiddling around the skill gems in there too.
Mnbowvice
Grouchy Smurf
26 | 9
So poe is bad because you play inefficiently, got it. Poe isn't the type of game where you can get much done in 2 hours, just not how it works. I won't disagree that the campaign is horrible, that's why you get through it as quickly as you can. The leagues became so much more enjoyable when you can get to maps in the first or second sitting.