Your favourite weapon dmg OSkill based builds?

Discuss Median XL!
B10H4zarD
Thunder Beetle
50 | 5
Hey y'all,

Recently, i had quite a good time with the Fortress / Guard Tower Barb.
I was really impressed by the power of Guard Tower OSkill. It's weapon dmg based, so it will carry Life Leech, procs "on strike", all kinds of positive stuff right?
So i thought to myself "Is there maybe a even better way to dish out Weapon based dmg with another OSkill?" since Guard Tower is limited to Barb-Shields.
For example, i feel like assassin would be a way to make it work. You won't get too much Life Leech, but your OSkill will convert a lot of passive elemental dmg from the ways on Skilltree.
Another take on it could may be a character who focus on Poison dmg to weapon Skills, and use a OSkill with huge AoE, to just spread it fast. That way you could completely ignore weapon base damage, and instead raise survivability & raw poison dmg...

I don't know, tbh.
What you guys think?

Take care :)
Zaraki
Abomination
159 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I played Guard Tower Zon and didn't have any issues up until around DLAB8. The issue is you can't use Melee mastery so one mistake or bad map roll and you're kinda SOL.
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cherubim is a smaller guard tower but allows melee devotion and uses ias instead of fcr. My pals this season is the strongest character I’ve ever played, despite the slight cherub nerf.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Probably Trapsin (Broadside is a trap) XD
Thanks Lynderika.

Seriously though looks like guard tower is pretty strong on Barb. Let's you put EVERYTHING into defensive skills and still do good damage.
B10H4zarD
Thunder Beetle
50 | 5
Back then, we had the "Wyrd" OSkill... What happened to it?
Should work well with ,lets say, snake stance or way of the spider, no?

;-|
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
B10H4zarD wrote:Back then, we had the "Wyrd" OSkill... What happened to it?
Should work well with ,lets say, snake stance or way of the spider, no?

;-|

Too little WDM for poison, was good for spreading slow.
B10H4zarD
Thunder Beetle
50 | 5
Jampula wrote:Too little WDM for poison, was good for spreading slow.

Ah i see, makes sense. Thanks!
Notiam
Cultist
21 | 2
Wyrd was completely reworked. Now it's special spell based on flat weapon magic damage and bonus damage to Demon and Undead. And easiest way to utilize it - use Lion Stance Barbarian.
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
arrow swarm is really fun and playable on a barb with the +50% proj. Fun to level with past level 30ish and fun lategame, Provides good aoe and shotguns up close for high single target damage (but better be tanky and have leech as it needs point-blank shooting for that)
B10H4zarD
Thunder Beetle
50 | 5
Notiam wrote:Wyrd was completely reworked. Now it's special spell based on flat weapon magic damage and bonus damage to Demon and Undead. And easiest way to utilize it - use Lion Stance Barbarian.

Thank you for the clarification, helpful to know

Neyhanis wrote:arrow swarm is really fun and playable on a barb with the +50% proj. Fun to level with past level 30ish and fun lategame, Provides good aoe and shotguns up close for high single target damage (but better be tanky and have leech as it needs point-blank shooting for that)

Sounds not that bad at all. The +50% projectiles comes from a SU, right?