Discuss Median XL!
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Disable maphack.
Make charms not tradeable.
Increase variability/power of rare items so that possible rolls can exceed SSU/SSSUs (rarely, obviously). I think this would lend itself to new and different builds. This might not increase the season duration but I think it would be a welcomed change.

Just a thought.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
"Make charms not tradeable"... and then the ladder is full of pally/sin ayy lmao

The key to lengthening the season is stop asking too much on every patch. People should stop expecting about 100 new skills, 100 new maps, 100 new items, 100 new ubers and 100 new quality of life every 3 months.
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I would love to see non-linear leveling/uber experience. Back in ultimative I would exp to lvl 102 on hatred Duncraig, do LC2 in the meantime. Ubers were actually challenging and with each charm and new item I was checking if I'm finally able to do dest Duncraig and powerfarm. Now almost every char can do dunc as soon as you hit lvl 120, past this lvl some builds can hit a wall and need to farm more. For me that is what killed the fun in leveling and upgrading characters and at the same time, the time spent on a build each season.

Regarding the not tradeable charms I think it is a good idea, but only for the hardest charms or trophied charms.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Not everyone has done all content in first two weeks of ladder m8
some even have a life outside of median
tl;dr game is sick and even sicker patch after patch so enjoy it
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Pinball wrote:"Make charms not tradeable"... and then the ladder is full of pally/sin ayy lmao

The key to lengthening the season is stop asking too much on every patch. People should stop expecting about 100 new skills, 100 new maps, 100 new items, 100 new ubers and 100 new quality of life every 3 months.

I was thinking the same thing.Too many and too often changes disturb the balance anyway. Plus some people enjoy the game as it is and complain when changes happen lol.Devs should just check which classes/specs are played the least and change/buff some aspects of it and add little more gear option, leave the rest as it is.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PizzaGater wrote:Not everyone has done all content in first two weeks of ladder m8
some even have a life outside of median
tl;dr game is sick and even sicker patch after patch so enjoy it

Yes, I know that. I haven't completed everything either.
Of course it's a sick game and yes buddy, we all have lives outside of Median.
I was just thinking of ways to slow people down from blowing through all of the content so quickly. That's all..

Thanks for your post m8.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CaoBao wrote:
Pinball wrote:"Make charms not tradeable"... and then the ladder is full of pally/sin ayy lmao

I was thinking the same thing.Too many and too often changes disturb the balance anyway. Plus some people enjoy the game as it is and complain when changes happen lol.Devs should just check which classes/specs are played the least and change/buff some aspects of it and add little more gear option, leave the rest as it is.

True, i was afraid of POE influence with retarded changes every patch..... that disturb the balance for everything, imo classes should never get a full skill revamp but add 1-2 max whenever the change has to be done
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

I definitely don't think we need more skills, there is plenty of variability in that department. I'm thinking more of a small gameplay change. You're right though about everyone playing pally/sin though lol.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
These are familiar suggestions that have been suggested before, but it probably doesn't hurt to bring them up again since it has been a while. The game does have a shorter lifespan compared other ARPGs, more specifically to PoE, but not every idea needs to be highly inspired or copied from poe unless it's not only a good idea but also an engine realistic idea. I like the charm idea, but I don't know if it's a good idea for it to be enforced.

Since we're on the "poe inspired train" topic, I personally would also like to see another type of mapping system other than dimensional labyrinth. To be specific, a map system that reuses content from 105-120 uberlevels as enhanced versions with higher alvls dropped by the monsters in these creative maps in the form of Riftstones similar to Dimensional Labyrinth. So it would be like farming riftstones in Dimensional Labyrinth, but these riftstones that drop from those monsters, can open a higher alvl of duncraig or higher alvl of cows with creative twists like multiple Bull Prince Rodeo's roaming around (Old MXL). This would also allow devs to showcase old map designs from previous versions so everyone can see how far the game as come in comparison to the default versions of the maps etc... All topped off with scaling difficulty multipliers for even more loot/fun much like the hard mode gem from old versions. or something like this. im just saying shit that came to mind tbh

But at the end of all this, I don't think it will increase the game lifespan by much because in the end, it's just another form of farming with a bit of variety, higher difficulty and rewards. Even if you could upgrade your 105-120 charms within their respective enhanced version of maps, it would still have players wanting for more because what do after you complete or obtain all these rewards? quit? reroll? do it again but on ssf? hardcore?
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Elendilli wrote:These are familiar suggestions that have been suggested before, but it probably doesn't hurt to bring them up again since it has been a while. The game does have a shorter lifespan compared other ARPGs, more specifically to PoE, but not every idea needs to be highly inspired or copied from poe unless it's not only a good idea but also an engine realistic idea. I like the charm idea, but I don't know if it's a good idea for it to be enforced.

Since we're on the "poe inspired train" topic, I personally would also like to see another type of mapping system other than dimensional labyrinth. To be specific, a map system that reuses content from 105-120 uberlevels as enhanced versions with higher alvls dropped by the monsters in these creative maps in the form of Riftstones similar to Dimensional Labyrinth. So it would be like farming riftstones in Dimensional Labyrinth, but these riftstones that drop from those monsters, can open a higher alvl of duncraig or higher alvl of cows with creative twists like multiple Bull Prince Rodeo's roaming around (Old MXL). This would also allow devs to showcase old map designs from previous versions so everyone can see how far the game as come in comparison to the default versions of the maps etc... All topped off with scaling difficulty multipliers for even more loot/fun much like the hard mode gem from old versions. or something like this. im just saying shit that came to mind tbh

But at the end of all this, I don't think it will increase the game lifespan by much because in the end, it's just another form of farming with a bit of variety, higher difficulty and rewards. Even if you could upgrade your 105-120 charms within their respective enhanced version of maps, it would still have players wanting for more because what do after you complete or obtain all these rewards? quit? reroll? do it again but on ssf? hardcore?

hc ssf live stream with no pots allowed