Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Diaco wrote:
Taem wrote:
cyclopszqm wrote:
Diaco wrote:Dunno what you are doing wrong to be honest, but you are definitely doing something wrong here. Poison is literally the least worrysome type of damage in 90% of cases, and I don't believe for one second that your lvl120 character with 83% poison res dies to poison in Normal difficulty

so very strange thing i hit another character level and all went back to normal it was a major glitch

Sometimes with Sigma, when you equip items and rely on other items to reach their STR or DEX requirement, you will bug out and the items do not work, but they also DO NOT show up RED on your character, so you have no way of knowing they aren't working unless you do some research. It's happened to me a few times and I have to keep get in my stash with all P.Diamonds honorific +Str to swap out to reequip my gear. Not sure why this bug occurs, but once you get everything on, it works fine. Maybe on character death or joining a new game bugs you out?

I wouldn't call it a bug.

Essentially, when your character spawns (be it from dying or starting a new game) the STR/DEX requirements on your gear are checked against your naked stats (As in, your base stats + charm bonuses). If your naked stats are not enough to equip your gear, they will not count as equipped. If your naked stats only allow you to equip certain pieces of your gear, those will be equipped, but even if the bonuses from those equipments would allow you to equip the rest of the gear, they will not be equipped anyways and you'd need to do a weapon switch twice so the rest of the gear gets equipped.

To expand on this a little bit, the game puts your gear on in a specific order, so for example a hat or your armor can help the other gear slots out, but the common gloves or boots honorific might need you to manually reequip things:

Helm
Amulet
Body Armor
glove-side hand
boot-side hand
glove-side ring
boot-side ring
Belt
Boots
Gloves

I believe the equip order is different for weapon swap, and existing stats are taken into account, which is why weapon swapping (sometimes? usually? always?) fixes it.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
Siosilvar wrote: (...) To expand on this a little bit, the game puts your gear on in a specific order, so for example a hat or your armor can help the other gear slots out, but the common gloves or boots honorific might need you to manually reequip things:

Helm
Amulet
Body Armor
glove-side hand
boot-side hand
glove-side ring
boot-side ring
Belt
Boots
Gloves

Interesting, is this super-hardcoded or can it be changed? I thought they would load Body Armor last since it likely has the highest requirements, with things like Rings and Amulets loaded first since they only have level requirements.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
mecheye wrote:Interesting, is this super-hardcoded or can it be changed? I thought they would load Body Armor last since it likely has the highest requirements, with things like Rings and Amulets loaded first since they only have level requirements.

It's stored in BodyLocs.txt but I don't know if that can be edited safely. Probably not.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge