Compleatly unbalanced

Discuss Median XL!
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
Poison Damage is a very complex subject. The release of D2R bright back some interest in deciphering it, but it is still...pretty damn complicated. Here is a link to a page that goes over the details of it in terms of D2R so it may not fully apply to Median if the Devs altered how it works at all, but it is a good starting point to understanding it.

Essentially (In D2R) Hell applies not only a -100% penalty to Poison Resistance, but also a -100% to Poison Length Reduction. So Poison essentially deals 4x damage in Hell (Assuming no resistances or Poison Length Reduction)
cyclopszqm
Invader
9 | 0
mecheye wrote:Poison Damage is a very complex subject. The release of D2R bright back some interest in deciphering it, but it is still...pretty damn complicated. Here is a link to a page that goes over the details of it in terms of D2R so it may not fully apply to Median if the Devs altered how it works at all, but it is a good starting point to understanding it.

Essentially (In D2R) Hell applies not only a -100% penalty to Poison Resistance, but also a -100% to Poison Length Reduction. So Poison essentially deals 4x damage in Hell (Assuming no resistances or Poison Length Reduction)

i have to say that is a good read yet at the same time omg. thanks for the link it does have quite a bit of info.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
mecheye wrote:Poison Damage is a very complex subject. The release of D2R bright back some interest in deciphering it, but it is still...pretty damn complicated. Here is a link to a page that goes over the details of it in terms of D2R so it may not fully apply to Median if the Devs altered how it works at all, but it is a good starting point to understanding it.

Poison works the same in Median as in LoD. I don't believe any of the specific skill information transfers over.

And of course the Hell penalty is -70 resist / -100 PLR here.

My writeup is in my signature or linked in the game guide.
cyclopszqm
Invader
9 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:

Poison works the same in Median as in LoD. I don't believe any of the specific skill information transfers over.

And of course the Hell penalty is -70 resist / -100 PLR here.

My writeup is in my signature or linked in the game guide.

other point being here is everything has just random poison damage every creature clear to the volcanic chargers in the river of flame. that damn ball on the left bottom corner stays green %300 percent of game play. like LoD no never in this lifetime.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Dunno what you are doing wrong to be honest, but you are definitely doing something wrong here. Poison is literally the least worrysome type of damage in 90% of cases, and I don't believe for one second that your lvl120 character with 83% poison res dies to poison in Normal difficulty
cyclopszqm
Invader
9 | 0
Diaco wrote:Dunno what you are doing wrong to be honest, but you are definitely doing something wrong here. Poison is literally the least worrysome type of damage in 90% of cases, and I don't believe for one second that your lvl120 character with 83% poison res dies to poison in Normal difficulty

so very strange thing i hit another character level and all went back to normal it was a major glitch
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cyclopszqm wrote:
Diaco wrote:Dunno what you are doing wrong to be honest, but you are definitely doing something wrong here. Poison is literally the least worrysome type of damage in 90% of cases, and I don't believe for one second that your lvl120 character with 83% poison res dies to poison in Normal difficulty

so very strange thing i hit another character level and all went back to normal it was a major glitch

Sometimes with Sigma, when you equip items and rely on other items to reach their STR or DEX requirement, you will bug out and the items do not work, but they also DO NOT show up RED on your character, so you have no way of knowing they aren't working unless you do some research. It's happened to me a few times and I have to keep get in my stash with all P.Diamonds honorific +Str to swap out to reequip my gear. Not sure why this bug occurs, but once you get everything on, it works fine. Maybe on character death or joining a new game bugs you out?
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Get more poison length reduction
cyclopszqm
Invader
9 | 0
Taem wrote:
cyclopszqm wrote:

Sometimes with Sigma, when you equip items and rely on other items to reach their STR or DEX requirement, you will bug out and the items do not work, but they also DO NOT show up RED on your character, so you have no way of knowing they aren't working unless you do some research. It's happened to me a few times and I have to keep get in my stash with all P.Diamonds honorific +Str to swap out to reequip my gear. Not sure why this bug occurs, but once you get everything on, it works fine. Maybe on character death or joining a new game bugs you out?

very well could have happened to me also
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:
cyclopszqm wrote:

I wouldn't call it a bug.

Essentially, when your character spawns (be it from dying or starting a new game) the STR/DEX requirements on your gear are checked against your naked stats (As in, your base stats + charm bonuses). If your naked stats are not enough to equip your gear, they will not count as equipped. If your naked stats only allow you to equip certain pieces of your gear, those will be equipped, but even if the bonuses from those equipments would allow you to equip the rest of the gear, they will not be equipped anyways and you'd need to do a weapon switch twice so the rest of the gear gets equipped.