Crystal swords and Ka Rune's?

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Shrines only work on sacred rare items (yellow).

also, sacred uniques can't be crafted.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
lovs2build wrote:
Diaco wrote:
lovs2build wrote:
Diaco wrote:
lovs2build wrote:I have searched everywhere for Ka Rune to craft Aiwass rune word. I cannot get this to drop or find how to combined 2 other runes to make this one?

Crystal swords are super rare drops, let alone a scared one? I am in Act 5 HELL and have yet to see ANY crystal swords. Anyone have an idea where I could farm?

Thanks for any help!

you can just grab any sacred crystal sword and use an oil of renewal to make it superior, then use jewels to punch sockets. check the docs for the cube recipes. Also, you can use the notifier tab in D2Stats to notify you if one drops (put "Crystal Sword" sacred in the notifier, with the quotations and it's case sensitive)

as for the rune, you can cube two of the same runes to get the next one... but other than that you can only hope that it drops or trade for it.

Also, in the future please use the short questions thread

Thank you for your reply.

I have not seen one from vendors to one dropping, why I asked and yes I have it in D2stats.
I saw on a wiki while back that combining 2 certain runes would create X rune.
I will look for the short answer section next time, sorry.

That's old, enhanced runes are no longer craftable, they need to drop, and you can only use the uptier recipe to increase one level.

BTW, sacred items cannot be bought, they can only drop. I don't know your level, but Duncraig, Tran Athulua and Kurast 3000 are good places to look for sacred bases

Yes there is WIKI https://prnt.sc/N38gVNaIoQb7 that shows the 2 runes you place in cube to make X rune, it still works as I made a low level rune.

I am currently level 113 in act 5 hell about to save girl again. I did get a crystal sword (blue) scared and when I tried to use shrine it would not work, I then used oil of renewal to make it superior as you said in my OP and still could not craft. Does it need to be certain color, like yellow? I made other UNIQUES, as my first post asking how to make rune words and you and few others helped, I have been experimenting, but now I can't craft scared UNIQUES.

Anyways I am following this guide viewtopic.php?f=40&t=75099 and for most part I have all gear listed except gloves for myself and now wanting to craft my Mercenary - Act 3 Necrolyte.

Thanks again for your help and advise it has helped me a lot. :)

Shrine craft can only be done on Rare Sacred items, FYI. The recipe you were given was to create Runewords. On the main website here, click the link that says GAME, and select CUBE RECIPES. All your questions will be answered...
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
lovs2build wrote:Yes there is WIKI https://prnt.sc/N38gVNaIoQb7 that shows the 2 runes you place in cube to make X rune, it still works as I made a low level rune.

This wiki is even more out of date than the Fandom one, pretend you never found it because the information is from 8+ years ago and has changed dramatically since then.

Use the actual docs page.

2x rune -> 1x next rune recipe is still around and it is relatively new that it applies to enchanted runes at all, they used to be made by combining Xis + regular rune, and that's what people thought you meant. 2x Lux -> Ka works now. The order can be found here.

Sacred uniques are drop-only, you cannot create them.

Crafting usually refers to shrine crafting using shrines on rare items, which is why you got a few responses to that effect.
lovs2build
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:
lovs2build wrote:Yes there is WIKI https://prnt.sc/N38gVNaIoQb7 that shows the 2 runes you place in cube to make X rune, it still works as I made a low level rune.

This wiki is even more out of date than the Fandom one, pretend you never found it because the information is from 8+ years ago and has changed dramatically since then.

Use the actual docs page.

2x rune -> 1x next rune recipe is still around and it is relatively new that it applies to enchanted runes at all, they used to be made by combining Xis + regular rune, and that's what people thought you meant. 2x Lux -> Ka works now. The order can be found here.

Sacred uniques are drop-only, you cannot create them.

Crafting usually refers to shrine crafting using shrines on rare items, which is why you got a few responses to that effect.

Thanks so much for your reply, I understand now runes, so by that list, 2x GUL would make a Vex, 2x el would make eld?
Yes I realized these WIKI and fandoms were out of date, but in my searches they popped up.
I did not mean to say that I tried to craft a scared, I knew only way is for them to drop, but was wondering why I can't use a blue text scared? When I put shrine in nothing happens. Is there a way up upgrade it to a yellow? Sorry not sure what each color is.
Diaco wrote:Shrines only work on sacred rare items (yellow).

also, sacred uniques can't be crafted.

Thanks for reply. What is the purpose of a magic (blue) scared item then?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sacred magic items can be turned into Honorific items using Mark of Infusion. You can also upgrade a sacred magic item to a rare sacred item (blue > yellow) by using Oil of Augmentation
69latrick
Gravedigger
191 | 0
fail sry
Hyperstimulated
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
lovs2build wrote:I have done that from start I got a blue scared crystal sword but I can't use shrine on it? :?

use the cube recipe (in the game guide) to reroll it to a white item, and then cube it with 6 jewels to punch holes in it. then it will be good to craft a runeword