Discuss Median XL!
SingleInfinity
Stygian Watcher
44 | 8
Walking back somewhere over and over isn't fun, particularly when some zones are many levels deep (Like invasion 2 being chaos -> sin -> invasion).

Not being able to body run is fine (plus, there's already a 5s timer on reviving, so who cares?), but lockout could easily be substituted with regen when nobody is nearby or soulstealer like quov tsin.

Walking back feels like a chore and makes me log off.
nikulo
Sasquatch
65 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i agree :D im getting frustrated from the cathedral of vanity, have to relog everytime i die, and i die instantly^^
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
5s respawn and lifestealer won't prevent you from corpse-running bosses... The only option I could think of that could achieve the same effect without the lockout, would maybe be letting certain bosses regain 100% health the instant the player leaves the room
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
33 | 3
nikulo wrote:cathedral of vanity, have to relog everytime i die, and i die instantly^^

Try not to die? Don’t move after entering, tank Nuns for a few seconds waiting for the ball to stop shooting the rays, then reposition. Used to die a lot in there ages ago, it’s just a test of patience.
BoneZone
Balrog
133 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
New skill Eldritch Storm has same sound as Magic missles. Possibly change Eldritch sound?
Mnbowvice
Grouchy Smurf
26 | 9
All the fanboys about to come out of the wood work and tell you to get good.
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I agree imho the fights with lock down timer like 10-15 minutes are the best. Like Void, Uldy, Hell Baal even Xazax and Astroga 5 minutes are fine.

But the Akanna the worst fight in the game or the Last Riftwalker is such as cancer fight with random overlaping mechanics and running for ages each fight, terrible fights.

Also remove the death penalty from Labs there are hard bosses why we cant have respawns there? Like the pain to even get the lab key is not enough then I am in fear of dying from random one shots around corner or If I run into some nasty boss. I like to play glass canon chars which dosnt works at labs at all.
nikulo
Sasquatch
65 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:5s respawn and lifestealer won't prevent you from corpse-running bosses... The only option I could think of that could achieve the same effect without the lockout, would maybe be letting certain bosses regain 100% health the instant the player leaves the room

this would be the best imho, the bosses should regenerate 100% as soon as you die.
intex
Abomination
148 | 1
Desperx wrote:I agree imho the fights with lock down timer like 10-15 minutes are the best. Like Void, Uldy, Hell Baal even Xazax and Astroga 5 minutes are fine.

But the Akanna the worst fight in the game or the Last Riftwalker is such as cancer fight with random overlaping mechanics and running for ages each fight, terrible fights.

Also remove the death penalty from Labs there are hard bosses why we cant have respawns there? Like the pain to even get the lab key is not enough then I am in fear of dying from random one shots around corner or If I run into some nasty boss. I like to play glass canon chars which dosnt works at labs at all.

lockout in labs adds a layer of challenge to leveling past 140+. It is supposed to be some of the hardest content in the game and should be punishing in some way. it makes success in those areas more rewarding. it prevents just cheesing labs and chain dying. this way you know everyone who is pushing the ladder can actually do the labs without their character getting owned. if you want to do labs don't play a glass cannon build with scuffed defenses.

i could get behind having riftwalker 3 and Atanna Khan heal to 100% hp upon player death rather than the lockout. for newer / inexperienced players i could see how having to farm the key again or run thru kingdom of shadow again would be discouraging.
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
intex wrote:
Desperx wrote:I agree imho the fights with lock down timer like 10-15 minutes are the best. Like Void, Uldy, Hell Baal even Xazax and Astroga 5 minutes are fine.

lockout in labs adds a layer of challenge to leveling past 140+. It is supposed to be some of the hardest content in the game and should be punishing in some way. it makes success in those areas more rewarding. it prevents just cheesing labs and chain dying. this way you know everyone who is pushing the ladder can actually do the labs without their character getting owned. if you want to do labs don't play a glass cannon build with scuffed defenses.

i could get behind having riftwalker 3 and Atanna Khan heal to 100% hp upon player death rather than the lockout. for newer / inexperienced players i could see how having to farm the key again or run thru kingdom of shadow again would be discouraging.

I have 140 necro I would like to push ladder in labs but its so annoying gameplay, I did just once lvl 1 lab and it didnt even drop key after full clear. There is no fun in labs at all, awful narrow coridors with death waiting on every corner and at every doors.

The end game should be for everyone not only for 2% of most hardcore players with op builds. I dont care if someone clear the floor with 150 deaths he would be slow anyway.

What left except labs? Scoglen which offer almost zero exp and gets old after 20 runs.

I would like to see some uber content upped like cows lvl 140 and other ubers to have some variety and use of old content.