Median XL on Steam Deck

Discuss Median XL!
blyts
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Hello hello,

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season!

Just bought myself a Steam Deck. I've been able to get Project Diablo 2 to run, but not Median XL.

I can get the launcher to launch, but when I click "Install" it downloads ~400mb, it then says "play," but when I click "Play" the button switches to "Restart" and reloads the launcher.

To me it doesn't seem like the launcher is able to locate the diablo2.exe. As the file path is blank under the launcher settings. I have tried to navigate to it several times tried putting the folder in different locations. Tried everything I could think of and I still can't find it.

Has anyone been able to successfully get Median XL running on a Steam Deck or on Linux? Portable d2 mods have been a dream since I started playing d2 mods years ago.

Any insight appreciated!

Thank you very much and have a nice day/happy new year!
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
blyts wrote:Hello hello,

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season!

Just bought myself a Steam Deck. I've been able to get Project Diablo 2 to run, but not Median XL.

I can get the launcher to launch, but when I click "Install" it downloads ~400mb, it then says "play," but when I click "Play" the button switches to "Restart" and reloads the launcher.

To me it doesn't seem like the launcher is able to locate the diablo2.exe. As the file path is blank under the launcher settings. I have tried to navigate to it several times tried putting the folder in different locations. Tried everything I could think of and I still can't find it.

Has anyone been able to successfully get Median XL running on a Steam Deck or on Linux? Portable d2 mods have been a dream since I started playing d2 mods years ago.

Any insight appreciated!

Thank you very much and have a nice day/happy new year!

Sometimes u got
To have internet to start the game. Or redownload launcher
blyts
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Nah not an internet issue. I did try to redownload the launcher.

Got a bit further. But still can't get it to load. It was saying unknown version. I now can get it to say 2.4.3 but when I click play the launder just minimizes instead of restarting, but still doesn't launch the game. Frustrating to be so close and so far.