Suggestions about magic damage color and OOA Oskill!

Discuss Median XL!
gthank
Cultist
22 | 4
OOA is an OSkill skill that can appear on Ama's helmet, Nec's Wand and Asn's green suit, in addition to Relic.

When the spell is cast, a green ball appears and automatically releases multiple rays, if there are too many balls, the screen will be full of green rays. If it lasts too long, your eyes will get tired.

So here are some suggestions:
1. Ama's helmet additional 30 + skills, this value is much worse than Nec and Asn, if you want to make it a popular Build, can improve the skills of the upper limit, otherwise, this equipment is not meaningful.
2. the emission of rays can be made thinner, so that the eyes can be better.
3. according to the current skill set, it is generally believed that blue for freezing damage, white for lightning damage, red for fire damage, green for toxin damage.
So can you add a unique color for the magic damage, such as brown or yellow, so that the color of the OOA can be modified to brown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using the translation software to translate into English, the following is the original Chinese question
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOA是一个OSkill技能,除了Relic外,可以在Ama的头盔,Nec的Wand及Asn的绿色套装上出现.

施法时,出现一个绿色小球,并自动释放多条射线,如果小球太多,满屏均是绿色的射线.如果持续时间过长,眼睛就会很累.

因此有以下几个建议:
1. Ama的头盔附加30+技能,这个数值比Nec和Asn差了好多,如果要让它成为一个受欢迎的Build,能否提高一下技能的上限,否则的话,这个装备就没有什么意义.
2. 发射的射线能否变的细一些,这样能让眼睛好受一些.
3. 根据目前技能的设定,一般会认为蓝色为冰冻伤害,白色为闪电伤害,红色为火焰伤害,绿色为毒素伤害.
所以能否为魔法伤害增加一个独特的颜色,如棕色或黄色,这样OOA的颜色就可以修改为棕色的.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
As an Amazon you can try it with the "Skills cost life instead of mana" passive. Real fun :-]
gthank
Cultist
22 | 4
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76197&p=562210&hilit=ooa#p562210

Crimson Dream
Crimson Dream
Phoenix Shield (Sacred)

Defense: 1302 to 1463
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 120
+(4 to 5) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(20 to 40)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(4 to 8) to Eldritch Storm (Amazon Only)
+(4 to 8) to Lava Pit (Amazon Only)
+13 to Antimass
+300 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (4)

You're talking about the link above, but I noticed that the properties of the sacred shield have been updated and no longer have the property of consuming life instead of mana.

The other thing is that the 30+ cap on that hat is a little low, you can increase the rarity of the rune used to increase its difficulty of acquisition, and at the same time increase the skill cap, so that, even if it consumes mana, it is also a very valuable way to play.

The other is that this skill some damage to the eyes, at present I use Nec, can send out about 6 small balls at the same time, the whole screen are green rays, eyes are too tired.

So I suggest adjusting the rays a little thinner, in addition to the magic damage to the skill to change a color, such as brown or dark yellow.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
U mentioned OOA on
Cambion
Cambion
Amazon Helms

'RalSur'
Runeword Level: 75
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+(32 to 37) to Orb of Annihilation
Maximum Mana +(4 to 7)%
Regenerate Mana +(15 to 20)%
Fire Resist +25%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (5 to 10)
+(21 to 30) Life after each Kill
, in fact the same problem lies in many other skills or oskills. That is why there are so many skills/oskills in this game, but ppl all crowd in limited certain builds. Many builds or skills dont have much potential or even unplayable. Or u need to invest a lot before they become good enough to play while the repay is usually not worth the cost, like Psicrown on
Arcane Protection
Arcane Protection
Circlets

'ArcSur'
Runeword Level: 100
Psicrown Now Explodes Upon Impact
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(5 to 10)% Bonus to Spell Focus
+(15 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(6 to 9) to Psicrown
+(400 to 600) Defense
Regenerate Mana +(20 to 25)%
Physical Resist (5 to 10)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (15 to 25)
+(20 to 30) Life after each Kill
+(20 to 30) Mana after each Kill
(20 to 30)% Magic Find
gthank
Cultist
22 | 4
It's true, it's hard to find an interesting and worthwhile skill to invest in among the many Oskills available.
On the other hand, if the skill on the item is not playable, then the item will be much less meaningful.

In fact, I think it would make more sense to improve the presentation of some of the existing skills, such as setting a unique color for magic damage, or improving the effects of some skills.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 264
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
gthank wrote:You're talking about the link above, but I noticed that the properties of the sacred shield have been updated and no longer have the property of consuming life instead of mana.

Because it was moved to the skill tree.

OoA zon is a work in progress, I gave it a little bit of a skill level bump because I had one person interested in playing it and wanted to get some more feedback on it before settling on its final state.

I wouldn't expect sprite changes. Green is occasionally magic damage already (see Balefire), and it's a Doom/Quake reference - the skill was the BFG83k from the Laz era and into Ultimative. Gotta keep a little bit of visual spam around for the players who miss it. :twisted:
gthank
Cultist
22 | 4
Siosilvar wrote:
gthank wrote:You're talking about the link above, but I noticed that the properties of the sacred shield have been updated and no longer have the property of consuming life instead of mana.

Because it was moved to the skill tree.

OoA zon is a work in progress, I gave it a little bit of a skill level bump because I had one person interested in playing it and wanted to get some more feedback on it before settling on its final state.

I wouldn't expect sprite changes. Green is occasionally magic damage already (see Balefire), and it's a Doom/Quake reference - the skill was the BFG83k from the Laz era and into Ultimative. Gotta keep a little bit of visual spam around for the players who miss it. :twisted:

===================================================================================================

First of all, thank you for your reply, and I also agree with the tribute to the predecessor and the continuation of the old version.

A cool skill is indeed very exciting, but when your eyes are constantly focused on a screen full of green rays for a long time, it is not a very pleasant experience.

So my suggestion is whether the rays can be modified to be thinner, so that the eyes will probably feel better.

Like this picture below, I don't know if you can see it.
In addition, this screenshot is not the worst state.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The skill level of OOA on
Cambion
Cambion
Amazon Helms

'RalSur'
Maximum Mana +(4 to 7)%
Fire Resist +25%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
was set low on purpose by devs in case it is op in early game, like many other oskill gears, which is reasonable. They do not want to see oskill builds to be op or surpass regular builds much in early game. However, they didnt design relevant mid/late game gear supporting these builds. So, the consequent problem of doing this is, it is weak/unplayable in mid/end game due to lacking necessary gear supporting.

The easy way to make this build alive is to add 1 or 2 mid/end game gear with sth like 20-30 OOA skill levels, max mana, mana regen. Then the build should be playable through most of the game content, meanwhile, not op in early/mid game.

Same thought could be applied in Psicrown on
Arcane Protection
Arcane Protection
Circlets

'ArcSur'
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(6 to 9) to Psicrown
+(400 to 600) Defense
(20 to 30)% Magic Find
, Holy Shock on
Dream

Dream
Staves

'FulGhalFulNif'
Level 1 Holy Shock
Holy Shock has 1200 Base Damage, Increases by 1% per 7 Energy
+(3 to 4) to All Skills
+(75 to 100) Spell Focus
75% Cast Speed
+(40 to 50)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(32 to 36) to Supernova
+500 to Mana
(20 to 25)% Weapon Damage Taken Restores Mana
(25 to 35)% Magic Find
gthank
Cultist
22 | 4
cnlnjzfjb wrote:The skill level of OOA on
Cambion
Cambion
Amazon Helms

'RalSur'
Maximum Mana +(4 to 7)%
Fire Resist +25%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
was set low on purpose by devs in case it is op in early game, like many other oskill gears, which is reasonable. They do not want to see oskill builds to be op or surpass regular builds much in early game. However, they didnt design relevant mid/late game gear supporting these builds. So, the consequent problem of doing this is, it is weak/unplayable in mid/end game due to lacking necessary gear supporting.

The easy way to make this build alive is to add 1 or 2 mid/end game gear with sth like 20-30 OOA skill levels, max mana, mana regen. Then the build should be playable through most of the game content, meanwhile, not op in early/mid game.

Same thought could be applied in Psicrown on
Arcane Protection
Arcane Protection
Circlets

'ArcSur'
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(6 to 9) to Psicrown
+(400 to 600) Defense
(20 to 30)% Magic Find
, Holy Shock on
Dream

Dream
Staves

'FulGhalFulNif'
Level 1 Holy Shock
Holy Shock has 1200 Base Damage, Increases by 1% per 7 Energy
+(3 to 4) to All Skills
+(75 to 100) Spell Focus
75% Cast Speed
+(40 to 50)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(32 to 36) to Supernova
+500 to Mana
(20 to 25)% Weapon Damage Taken Restores Mana
(25 to 35)% Magic Find

I think you have a good point.

The purpose of OSkill is to increase the diversity of the game, and there should be a complete equipment system around each skill, while covering the early, mid and late stages.

This is obviously very difficult in the face of the massive OSkill list and equipment library.

But it can be done in some step-by-step way.

After all, in many OSkill, if there is no supporting equipment to support, most of the skills are reduced to a member of the trash can.

The Wyrd skill, for example, is a very good build thanks to a unique piece of equipment.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79531
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
gthank wrote:After all, in many OSkill, if there is no supporting equipment to support, most of the skills are reduced to a member of the trash can.

The Wyrd skill, for example, is a very good build thanks to a unique piece of equipment.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79531

True. If I were the designer, I definitely will nerf the +140 magic dmg per DS on
Mirage

Mirage
Sorceress Crystal Swords

'ElqOhnVezLozGurXod'
Runeword Level: 120
+80 Magic Damage per 1% Deadly Strike
10% Chance to cast level 4 Time Strike on Striking
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
50% Combat Speeds
+(220 to 250) to Maximum Damage
+(180 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+75 to Dexterity
Maximum Block Chance +10%
to sth like +60~70 per DS. Then the build will still be playable but not op without Tyrael, meanwhile, very good with Tyrael in late game.