why does one need to be lucky to fight a boss?

Discuss Median XL!
Vilify
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
What is RNG about Scos boss? Lmao

It's a dodge game with a DPS check.
vilski
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Vilify wrote:What is RNG about Scos boss? Lmao

It's about obtaining the tenets from corrupted druids, not fighting the boss. Sometimes, you get unlucky and it takes tremendous amounts of reruns to get all of them.
berry117
Dark Wanderer
800 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Instant gratification gamers be like...
Vilify
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
vilski wrote:

It's about obtaining the tenets from corrupted druids, not fighting the boss. Sometimes, you get unlucky and it takes tremendous amounts of reruns to get all of them.

It's one of the final bosses in the game... Yeah there's gonna be some huge grinding and even after getting it all, you probably still won't be able to kill sescheron.

Other bosses that require items to beat:
Samael
Purify bosses
Lab 10
Valthek

It's a part of gaming and this isn't Diablo 3.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
vilski wrote:

Vilify wrote:It's a dodge game with a DPS check.

It's one of the final bosses in the game... Yeah there's gonna be some huge grinding and even after getting it all, you probably still won't be able to kill sescheron.

Other bosses that require items to beat:
Samael
Purify bosses
Lab 10
Valthek

It's a part of gaming and this isn't Diablo 3.

but you do realize there is a difference between the items required for Purify bosses and Valthek and how it relates to the topic? those items are deterministic, for valthek each boss drops a piece guaranteed, and the purify ring at least from my experience guaranteed.

for it to be the same it would be like the bosses in yashiri sanctum would be a random spawn, then it would be random if they drop the items needed.

berry117 wrote:Instant gratification gamers be like...

how so? old astrogah (more difficult) you had access to the fight if you met the required level aka not really gated, but it took me 5 days of serious play to understand and finally beat him. i wouldn't consider that instant gratification, in fact it was a grind (for items), for knowledge, for execution, many hours of practice and attempts. there was nothing instant about it.

the same with laz, access isn't gated but that fight took a long time to execute, there was nothing instant about that gratification.

i still don't think anyone has proposed an answer to this question?