Drop rates and locations

Discuss Median XL!
Glow-Worm
Bone Archer
76 | 3
berry117 wrote:It's my drops and I WANT THEM NOW!
You sound entitled AF, maddy baddy pants not getting enough instant gratification

It also sounds like you're not having fun, why play if you're not having fun?

Post your characters time played this season, via in-game screenshot or a notarmory link

No need to be toxic
berry117
Dark Wanderer
798 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Glow-Worm wrote:
You sound entitled AF, maddy baddy pants not getting enough instant gratification

Post your characters time played this season, via in-game screenshot or a notarmory link

No need to be toxic

I think I will address someone openly admitting to cheating, asking for bot/ drop software and talking shit about the game, because they're mad and bad however I want, ty
At least until asked not to by someone who has any authority here.

Maybe if they constructed their ideas with a little more intelligence I would of responded in kind.
Glow-Worm
Bone Archer
76 | 3
berry117 wrote:
Glow-Worm wrote:

No need to be toxic

I think I will address someone openly admitting to cheating, asking for bot/ drop software and talking shit about the game, because they're mad and bad however I want, ty

Maybe if they constructed their ideas with a little more intelligence I would of responded in kind.

Toxic behavior doesnt further any conversation in a positive direction.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Glow-Worm wrote:Toxic behavior doesnt further any conversation in a positive direction.

A definition which could easily also be applied to the original post. If OP liked drop rates better back in the day with a drop mod, good for them, nobody cares, call me when we're actually talking about modern MXL and whether or not it feels like it's rewarding and whether or not people can progress in the game.

Because last I checked, old MXL (Ultimative, anyway, I can't speak for 2008 or 2012) had 6 tiers before sacred and didn't even bother cutting the drops to the top tier and sacred only. I remember getting piles of loot in Fauzt, and while it might have been more satisfying looking at all the t1-t5 stuff laying around, I'm not convinced it's as big a difference in actual usable stuff as nostalgia is telling me it was... might be something interesting to test some day.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
As with most online rpgs, median is not made in a way to allow players to be self sufficient. for many the trading system is a vital part of the game, and allowing for drops high enough to collect BiS gear by yourself without a massive time investment + extreme luck would kill the economy altogether.

It can get frustrating when you can't progress because you need very specific gear though. Personally, I usually play a build, and if a BiS item drops for a different build I just start playing with that build until a BiS drop comes from the previous one, or for a different one, switch builds again, and so on until I have a more or less fully geared build that can do most of the content. of course this is in SP, where gear carries over from season to season. This might be a better option for you, you don't NEED to play ladder
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:As with most online rpgs, median is not made in a way to allow players to be self sufficient. for many the trading system is a vital part of the game, and allowing for drops high enough to collect BiS gear by yourself without a massive time investment + extreme luck would kill the economy altogether.

It can get frustrating when you can't progress because you need very specific gear though. Personally, I usually play a build, and if a BiS item drops for a different build I just start playing with that build until a BiS drop comes from the previous one, or for a different one, switch builds again, and so on until I have a more or less fully geared build that can do most of the content. of course this is in SP, where gear carries over from season to season. This might be a better option for you, you don't NEED to play ladder

With the only drawback being that items change over the season and sometimes it might be a bit buggy to use older items with a new patch.
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
Siosilvar wrote:
Glow-Worm wrote:Toxic behavior doesnt further any conversation in a positive direction.

A definition which could easily also be applied to the original post. If OP liked drop rates better back in the day with a drop mod, good for them, nobody cares, call me when we're actually talking about modern MXL and whether or not it feels like it's rewarding and whether or not people can progress in the game.

Because last I checked, old MXL (Ultimative, anyway, I can't speak for 2008 or 2012) had 6 tiers before sacred and didn't even bother cutting the drops to the top tier and sacred only. I remember getting piles of loot in Fauzt, and while it might have been more satisfying looking at all the t1-t5 stuff laying around, I'm not convinced it's as big a difference in actual usable stuff as nostalgia is telling me it was... might be something interesting to test some day.

There is some truth to this statement. But.
I could use t1-t3 items in current patch for leveling new characters, but they dont drop anymore, so its kinda meh change.
And yes, while there was more tiers (1-6), there was also less sacred uniques, and each sacred unique drop was exciting. Now, with all the SSU, SSSSUS SUSUSUSUS and all the others, regular sacred took the place of those t5, t6 uniques. So not much has changed, in a way.
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12
I'm a SP, it's free, so I fully respect the game publisher and how they maintain it, I don't ask or suggest any problems for my benefit.
I really love collect items, especially roll best op, and the Treasure Box is my way. I spent a lot of time, open tones of boxes to rolling items, and I'm satisfied with what I got. However, the Treasure Box can't open SSSU, at least with what I got.
Finding them by killing monsters is extremely difficult for SP.
Hopefully the devs can create a recipe that has a rate of getting SSSU, of course the cost for that recipe is very hard & expensive for TSW, but it will be easy for SP by a way. Thanks a lot!
Vilify
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Glow-Worm wrote:
berry117 wrote:
Glow-Worm wrote:

No need to be toxic

Toxic behavior doesnt further any conversation in a positive direction.

You are literally being more toxic than berry117 is.
Berry117 is calling a spade a spade & is 100% correct. You're just a softie :(
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jitan, Come On wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

There is some truth to this statement. But.
I could use t1-t3 items in current patch for leveling new characters, but they dont drop anymore, so its kinda meh change.
And yes, while there was more tiers (1-6), there was also less sacred uniques, and each sacred unique drop was exciting. Now, with all the SSU, SSSSUS SUSUSUSUS and all the others, regular sacred took the place of those t5, t6 uniques. So not much has changed, in a way.

To me the big change is that all the bullshit TU's and SU's have been removed. Like the 'Until you realize it sucks' bow. I'm really satisfied that the current dev team is trying to make every item useful, still some items are not that useful because of the builds that use them are underpowered and/or clunky to play, but at least those 'funny items' are not in the game anymore.

I can see the team really trying to give everything a purpose and it's actually a lot better than a few years ago.

And I'm happy those t1-t4 uniques don't drop that often, I rather have AC's and make my own TU's in case I ever need them.