Σ 2.5 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Singularity wrote:No matter what javelin I equip, I cannot use eviscerate or impale. "Requires a javelin" stays red regardless.

Did you take devotion from any other tree? Or Melee Devotion?
Encino
Cultist
21 | 14
Feedback regarding Mystic Orbs (MOs) and Unique Mystic Orbs (UMOs)

Current pain points with this system:
1) In order to take your character to its highest power level, you are incentivized to not apply MOs to strong items that you find because it would be a better idea to put UMOs on instead. This isn't always the case with all builds (most of them use a combination of MO and UMO), but it is taken to the absolute extreme with physical damage attack based builds.
2) This ends up making finding your own upgrades feel worse than they otherwise would. For example, I remember playing Javazon when it was reworked and I dropped Strength Beyond Strength. But using any MO from the vendor for damage would be worse than just using some combination of Crystals of Tears, Idol of Stars, and Marksman's Eye. I didn't really want to shell out a bunch of TG at the time so I just left my SBS at lvl 100 until prices dropped or I found some. This is one of the reasons playing poison druid felt so good. Since you weren't being jailed by UMOs because minion resistances granted poison spell damage on poison druid and this basically let you use 10 MOs worth of poison spell damage and there wasn't a reason for me to not increase character power when I could.

Two main suggestions here to attempt to address this.
1) Convert UMOs into Enchantments (Mockup Below) that were in place during the Goblin season and make the following changes
--- Only 1 enchantment may be applied to an item, just as it was during that season
--- Applying enchantments would not increase item level requirement
--- Moderate power increase to UMOs that would be converted into enchants.

2) Expand the amount of MOs that are sold by vendors significantly
--- Create a new series of Alternate Mystic Orbs (AMOs) sold by the vendors that increase item level requirement by +5 or more depending on power level. These could be versions of existing MOs but would increase level requirement more and grant less power than their initial version but shifted to a different item slot. These can also be key stats on current UMOs (for example -res on Endless Light) and given an appropriate level requirement increase.

Obviously there are balance considerations but the idea would be for players to be able to upgrade their items as they level up or drop them and have the Enchant serve as a capstone upgrade for the item that can be applied whenever you get it since it does not increase level requirement, essentially a trophy applied to an item.

Rough paint mockup: Add another line before or after the Already Upgraded text on an item
Edited by Encino 1 year.
Shidongan
Dark Huntress
12 | 5
Hello, looks like Exodia (relic buff) is not support. Any chance you will give it a look?
And here is my profile - https://median-xl.com/char/SaloSummoner
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I agree with Encino's point, there is a serious issue with the UMO and MO system in the game and in light of the good changes to UMO this patch I think it could use some modernization.

I think adding a way to remove the MO from an item to "reset" it would solve all the problems Encino outlines. That way if I drop a good piece I can completely fill it with random vendor UMO and "reset" it later to its base level requirement and MO it with UMO and optimal MO once I am ready.

This would also have a secondary benefit of making trading old gear easier. I like to take my characters above level 140 but most players dont want to buy anything secondhand that is moed to for example level 144 or 146. feeling free to MO my gear to whatever my current level is would be huge for resell value when you quit a character and eliminate some of the annoying aspects of this.
Faulk
Djinn
527 | 8
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Encino wrote:you are incentivized to not apply MOs to strong items that you find because it would be a better idea to put UMOs on instead.

This is one of the reasons playing poison druid felt so good. Since you weren't being jailed by UMOs

If possible to implement, I think an oil that wipes MO/UMO would be a nice solution to those issues. Something like belladonna + oil of renewal = oil that wipes MO/UMO. Or make the ingredients tougher to get incentivizing players to farm some other areas/charms again to rework their gear.

My fear is having UMOs or an alternative to UMOs too accessible would shorten the end game grinding and shorten seasons more.

The idea about converting 3 or 4 UMOs into a UMO of your choice was brought up last season and I think it's still the best option. With the addition of UMOs dropping more in fauzt now, this gives more players access to the UMOs they need while still incentivizing farming labs + phoboss.
sonneko
Stygian Watcher
42 | 13
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:About Sam fight:

It is not a 2.5 thing, but existed long before cause I already met them when I did the fight before. And I have also seen these bugs in other players vids.

This season I did like more than 30 Sam fight runs and suffered a lot from bug death, so I want to suggest to fix these bugs.

Look like you just suffered from heavy desync. Your best bet right now is to try to get a better connection or use a different gs.
Devs did try to counter this problem by removing player's collision in Sam arena this patch tho.

suchbalance wrote:The fight is already optimised for desynch a lot (slow boss speed, stationary adds, lots of the boss skills are exported to invisible stationary dummy monsters etc).

It feels more "desynchy" because:
1) the fight is more punishing as one of the ultimate bosses (i.e. you probably desynch exactly as much against Azmo but the consequences aren't nearly as drastic, hence less obvious)

2) you are playing in melee. Essentially what happens is that the boss AI moves Sam around randomly changing direction every certain number of frames. By namelocking the boss in melee you are right next to him so the two units collide and block each other's movement. Then we have D2's primitive network code where the client is allowed to disagree with the server on many important parameters such as movement vectors. So what happens is that due to latency a collision between the two units is registered on the server but 100ms later doesn't occur on the client because it is extrapolating the movement. Hence the player and boss positions become desynched which leads to funny business

No one wants to fix this issue more than us. It is greatly limiting the design space for the combat encounters (have you wondered why so many bosses are on generic, obstruction free arenas? It's not because our mapmaker is lazy).

If we knew how to fix d2's netcode to eliminate desynch we would instantly make it our number one priority. Keep in mind that it took PoE years to be able to solve this by having access to the game's source code and with multiple full time paid programmers. Neither of which are possible/affordable to us.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sonneko wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:About Sam fight:

It is not a 2.5 thing, but existed long before cause I already met them when I did the fight before. And I have also seen these bugs in other players vids.

This season I did like more than 30 Sam fight runs and suffered a lot from bug death, so I want to suggest to fix these bugs.

Look like you just suffered from heavy desync. Your best bet right now is to try to get a better connection or use a different gs.
Devs did try to counter this problem by removing player's collision in Sam arena this patch tho.

Thx, man. What makes me suppose they are bugs is mainly from:

1. I have met these problems before, not only in 2.5, however, not too heavy. Basically, bearable. But it is just getting heavier and becomes kinda unbearable this ladder.
2. Not only me, but also players around me, they have met the same problems.
3. Not only me and my friends, from players I dont know, I also see same problems in their vids.

And if that is not bug, it means all of us, from different regions, we all have some sort of problems in connection. But after seeing ur reply, Im not sure now.
amekoffiziell
Grubber
324 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Phoboss disable all Teleport skills? happened around 4 time now!
No matter if i walk away - if i try out tele from void charm or from timeless charm - in t8 and t9 it was no problem but when u spawn phoboss in t10 and at same time Barb is with him too and u cant get away from barb fast enough, you done like it was in my case - couldnt use teleport exactly 15 sec - then i died so i donno if i would have been able to tele anyway - is that intended? cant find this in forum or not looking for it well enough.. sorry but it could be so funny run Labs t10 but with this bugs - also lags - or annomally attacks from behind wall befor u can even see him ( you will see and understand after dead) - spawn 3 miniboss and phoboss on enterance- no t10 stone drops for around 6 T9 clears.... that all makes it really unfunny and annoying or am i missing some and the only person feeling like that ?
thx for ur time greetz
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
amekoffiziell wrote:Phoboss disable all Teleport skills? happened around 4 time now!
No matter if i walk away - if i try out tele from void charm or from timeless charm - in t8 and t9 it was no problem but when u spawn phoboss in t10 and at same time Barb is with him too and u cant get away from barb fast enough, you done like it was in my case - couldnt use teleport exactly 15 sec - then i died so i donno if i would have been able to tele anyway - is that intended? cant find this in forum or not looking for it well enough.. sorry but it could be so funny run Labs t10 but with this bugs - also lags - or annomally attacks from behind wall befor u can even see him ( you will see and understand after dead) - spawn 3 miniboss and phoboss on enterance- no t10 stone drops for around 6 T9 clears.... that all makes it really unfunny and annoying or am i missing some and the only person feeling like that ?
thx for ur time greetz

Phoboss has an aura that increases the cd of tp skills by like 10s.
amekoffiziell
Grubber
324 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote: Phoboss has an aura that increases the cd of tp skills by like 10s.

oh .. thats unfortunately. k then i just didnt find. Thanks for info mate. :D
Still as Feedback then as quoted with the other Lab things to maybe improve labs even further and make it a more fun beeing place :P
1. increase t10 drops -its horrible and make me and many other ppl give up lvling 150 ( for example befor t6 drop buff i lvled to 150 in just t9! cause almost never got to t10 - so it was grind of 2 weeks instead 1-2 day lol )
2. please omg take out the Enterance camping - or make it in that way it can just spawn one mini boss or lab boss at the same time (but enter t10 and get Navi, phoboss, baba and assa or goat - or even just phob and anomaly at same time- that just scam to loose ur t10 for sure imo- and after RIP the t10! go on farming 10 houre for the maybe next t10 Drop but just maybe = GG :.D)
3. make this shrines open up with purify or something - its kinda annoying for casters you not aware of a shrine but hit it from far-standing in middle of mob and then die even donno why, but after that you see- ahh laz jumped on my head so there was a shrine i didnt see)
4. please also remove Anomalys range and only monster in game able attacking through walls ? so you get psn attacked even dont know there is anomaly 2 screens farer away

sorry for writing that in a not happy way- but all that is the most frustrating things in the whole game imo
Edited by amekoffiziell 1 year.