Σ 2.5 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
So I have used the Offline Character Tool to unlock waypoints for my SP character (to just skip some quests in the repeated playthrough for Nightmare difficulty and the one after), and now I can't level up. I could do it fine for a while, but now I'm stuck on level 66. It seems that the last 1000 of EXP before level 67 is just "overflowing" for some reason.
As in, I have 2.145.000 exp, then it goes to 2.145.999 when I kill a mob and just before levelup, it goes back to 2.145.000.
Any fix for that?
I do have character backups (MXL Offline Tool creates them automatically), but I'd rather prefer to fix the issue and know how to do it for the future.
Any info would be appreciated, thank you!
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
midknight wrote:For Sescheron the destroyer, center circle made you immune by giving 200% avoid in 2.4. In 2.5 the center circle seems to be capped at 60% avoid due to the avoid change this ladder.

Looks like this bug is only for non ladder characters and SP characters (i.e characters that were created before the avoid change). Ladder characters dont seem to be affected. SC ladder .
HC ladder
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nightquaker wrote:So I have used the Offline Character Tool to unlock waypoints for my SP character (to just skip some quests in the repeated playthrough for Nightmare difficulty and the one after), and now I can't level up. I could do it fine for a while, but now I'm stuck on level 66. It seems that the last 1000 of EXP before level 67 is just "overflowing" for some reason.
As in, I have 2.145.000 exp, then it goes to 2.145.999 when I kill a mob and just before levelup, it goes back to 2.145.000.
Any fix for that?
I do have character backups (MXL Offline Tool creates them automatically), but I'd rather prefer to fix the issue and know how to do it for the future.

have you checked your lvl vs area lvl? you don't get exp for enemies in areas 10lvls above/below you
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Diaco wrote:
Nightquaker wrote:So I have used the Offline Character Tool to unlock waypoints for my SP character (to just skip some quests in the repeated playthrough for Nightmare difficulty and the one after), and now I can't level up. I could do it fine for a while, but now I'm stuck on level 66. It seems that the last 1000 of EXP before level 67 is just "overflowing" for some reason.
Any fix for that?

have you checked your lvl vs area lvl? you don't get exp for enemies in areas 10lvls above/below you

I did observe EXP meter increasing in my testing, so it's not area level issue. And it also happens when killing mobs in the area related to whatever current act I'm on.
Anyway, the issue seems to be intermittent and just appears and fixes itself over time, I'm not really sure how. I can tolerate it for now.
footprint_pipp
Stygian Watcher
41 | 2
Hello fellow gamers,

feedback to Necro and a small suggestion:

Since its innate teleport skill is rendered useless the second you have either a Tir rune or any other blink charm, it would be cool to add some mechanic to bend the shadows.

From the top of my head I can think of few seconds of reduced dmg/invuln or whatever so it can compete as a panic/emergency teleport.

Because like it is setup at the moment, it is really not that useful compared to mana shield/bloodlust or other innates the classe bring.

I hope to see something in 2.6 <3

EDIT: and make it go through walls pls, there is no reason this one blink in the whole pool of blinks in the game cannot :bounce:
Tnt1094
Abomination
152 | 16
footprint_pipp wrote:Hello fellow gamers,

Since its innate teleport skill is rendered useless the second you have either a Tir rune or any other blink charm, it would be cool to add some mechanic to bend the shadows.

From the top of my head I can think of few seconds of reduced dmg/invuln or whatever so it can compete as a panic/emergency teleport.

Because like it is setup at the moment, it is really not that useful compared to mana shield/bloodlust or other innates the classe bring.

EDIT: and make it go through walls pls, there is no reason this one blink in the whole pool of blinks in the game cannot :bounce:

Skill is a very useful summoner and a totem maker cannot do without it...
footprint_pipp
Stygian Watcher
41 | 2
Tnt1094 wrote:

i did not mention to delete the skill, I am hoping for an improvement so it is useful for more than summon/totem builds
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
footprint_pipp wrote:
Tnt1094 wrote:

i did not mention to delete the skill, I am hoping for an improvement so it is useful for more than summon/totem builds

it's almost the lowest cooldown teleport on the game, and you can use it since lvl1 without having to switch weapons. it's incredibly useful, any added benefit would be pretty OP
ricksanchez
Skeleton
2 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:
footprint_pipp wrote:
Tnt1094 wrote:

it's almost the lowest cooldown teleport on the game, and you can use it since lvl1 without having to switch weapons. it's incredibly useful, any added benefit would be pretty OP

Could have the benefit be unlocked after level 120 or something. similiar to essence of time. It is line of sight so its not that great end game.
Edited by ricksanchez 8 months.
metasequoia
Gravedigger
195 | 19
metasequoia wrote:I've seen this discussed before.
Is it possible to rework or at least shorten the Triune boss fight? while its helpful that the drops are better now (just found my first endless pride there gg) the fight itself is not only mechanically easy and boring, you have to do it potentially 100 times.
My point is, if you survive the fight until it's half done, you've proven that you can do it and that's it. the second part doesn't add to the fun and don't even try it on /p2+.

edit: or maybe at least up the trophy fragment drop rate by 1-2%?

further edit: and after up-ing the drop rate rework the map to make the teleport shortcut impossible so that we all have to actually move through the level :)

so I'm at the second trophy grind now. Had another Idea. The problem i see is that the fight never changes and is not gear or level dependend at all. which is fine i guess, it being the only fight of that kind in the game.

Idea: Make the Tome of Possession give an additional aura (it had one way back in the past, amiwrong?) that empowers Malic's Burn Spell depending on your character level. That way, the fight becomes shorter but also a little more dangerous at higher levels, making it a little more interesting maybe. Feel free to ignore ofc. :)