Set dungeon is too hard

Discuss Median XL!
Desperx
Thunder Beetle
59 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mobs have too much health and they hit too hard. The no respawn is so bad. The nemesis is overtuned heavily. I did it with summon necro and it took ages to kill mobs and nemesis. Cant even pass trash mobs with holy melee paly, he just die random on trash mobs.

Whats the point of dungeon which reward set if you have to wear some super end game gear.
zen101
Invader
9 | 1
I agree, i guess i was just misunderstanding what it was.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes, I agree. I already expected this. The set you get as a reward will probably be worse than the gear you need to complete the dungeon.

Besides the charm upgrade, I think the set should be rewarded for an easier dungeon.

My current gear isn't the best but I can already speedfarm Dunc. You would think by the lvl req. that Nemesis shouldn't be much harder.

Now I have to farm SU/SSU's and set pieces in order to complete a dungeon that gives the set as a reward that you probably don't need anymore.

If they made the quest for the Bone Chimes easier because it was too much of a DPS check before, they surely kinda went overboard with making this one a DPS check. Probably doable for most characters, but only after getting good gear. My Javazon can't run Nemesis, I had not expected this. I hope it gets tuned a little. It shouldn't be easy, but it's clearly not balanced.
gunnzan
Destroyer
7 | 1
I feel like this dungeon is designed for the more "hardcore" player base as an easy way for them to get the set as I assume they won't spend time in kurast farming it. Maybe I'm wrong but it sure feels this way.
The more casual player will have a very hard time in this place at level 120 and is more likely better off just farming it in kurast. I'm not even sure I would disagree if this was the intent, as there already is a way to farm the set if you don't mind spending a couple of hours in kurast.
If the intent was to make the set more available to a casual player I also agree that this place is a bit overtuned.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Muilpeer wrote:Yes, I agree. I already expected this. The set you get as a reward will probably be worse than the gear you need to complete the dungeon.

Besides the charm upgrade, I think the set should be rewarded for an easier dungeon.

My current gear isn't the best but I can already speedfarm Dunc. You would think by the lvl req. that Nemesis shouldn't be much harder.

Now I have to farm SU/SSU's and set pieces in order to complete a dungeon that gives the set as a reward that you probably don't need anymore.

If they made the quest for the Bone Chimes easier because it was too much of a DPS check before, they surely kinda went overboard with making this one a DPS check. Probably doable for most characters, but only after getting good gear. My Javazon can't run Nemesis, I had not expected this. I hope it gets tuned a little. It shouldn't be easy, but it's clearly not balanced.

I did the uber in SP with javazon mid game gear...Yeah, it's slow, and I was owned like 4 times (1 shoted) before I get the mechanics: shot, move, shot. Beware the undead respawning zombies, those guys have an attack (crucyfy) that with the "insane" 50% block and no def can almost kill you. Also, like block is pretty useless, when the nemesis uses wyrmshot MOVE. DON'T TRY TANK, we're not a barbarian supposed to only stay there with 1M of defense. We only have 50% block, no defense and a bit of DR. YOU CAN DO IT, but nemesis would take some time....specially if you're going to do the uber with TU equipment. The quest takes me nearly 7 mins, and I'm already in midgame (strong) equipment, all sigs, and almost the 70% of charms.
Zaraki
Abomination
159 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MUS01 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Yes, I agree. I already expected this. The set you get as a reward will probably be worse than the gear you need to complete the dungeon.

I did the uber in SP with javazon mid game gear...Yeah, it's slow, and I was owned like 4 times (1 shoted) before I get the mechanics: shot, move, shot. Beware the undead respawning zombies, those guys have an attack (crucyfy) that with the "insane" 50% block and no def can almost kill you. Also, like block is pretty useless, when the nemesis uses wyrmshot MOVE. DON'T TRY TANK, we're not a barbarian supposed to only stay there with 1M of defense. We only have 50% block, no defense and a bit of DR. YOU CAN DO IT, but nemesis would take some time....specially if you're going to do the uber with TU equipment. The quest takes me nearly 7 mins, and I'm already in midgame (strong) equipment, all sigs, and almost the 70% of charms.

I got lucky with Amazon spawning right at beginning but I will admit it was a slog getting her down. The Amazon can be tanked east enough but it has way too much HP for being a 120 set reward boss. Also, the 5 flat PDR should be PDR% IMO
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not actually hard... But clearly not fit for other 120 ubers. Not rewarding at all. Drops? Cmon, try get drops from Azmodan realm - same. Only 1 skill to your class for effort as if it were 125 uber.. and as if you had bought proper gear. otherwise - pray for rngesus and farm cowes up to 125.... or forget it and go dunc to 135 then return when you will overlevel it. Not like it bad but.... placing bone nova on every step... along with monsters that require triple more hits to be killd compared to dunc (same level uber) and with that pussy drops - don't think it's smth viable.. even tho it's actually is bonus quest
Giu
Core Lord
381 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
maybe try using a build that has high defense ?
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Actually super easy as a Bowdruid, because bear can tank everything for days... but yeah still a slog, everything is way too tanky for that level of content/compared to other 120's. The nemesis being strong and a slog I don't mind, it' supposed to be a boss and you get a good reward for it so you should be pretty motivated even if you die to it. But having to crawl trough painfully tanky monsters to get to it is pure torture, and I'm talking about easy-mode (invincible bear tank at that lvl + shoot from behind), I can"t even begin to imagine how it would be on a melee...
Giu
Core Lord
381 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Neyhanis wrote:Actually super easy as a Bowdruid, because bear can tank everything for days... but yeah still a slog, everything is way too tanky for that level of content/compared to other 120's. The nemesis being strong and a slog I don't mind, it' supposed to be a boss and you get a good reward for it so you should be pretty motivated even if you die to it. But having to crawl trough painfully tanky monsters to get to it is pure torture, and I'm talking about easy-mode (invincible bear tank at that lvl + shoot from behind), I can"t even begin to imagine how it would be on a melee...

melee necro can just walk in there ignoring mobs while searching for nemesis, in tus.