Fire/Ice Sorc Idea

Discuss Median XL!
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm thinking of using a combo of Shatter the Flesh and Flamestrike for some widespread damage with maxed Snow Queen and Living Flame for tanking. I'm thinking Witch Blood for the extra damage, although the slow is also tempting...

I'm trying to figure out what else would be a good complement. I like the idea of using Familiar for the extra skill and damage buff, but wanted to see how many people thought it would be worth it.
gg2
Rust Claw
86 | 16
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
gg2 wrote:http://www.medianxl.com/t456-v6e-tanya-the-sorceress Marco's guide.

That is an awesome guide and a very powerful build. There is also another fire-cold sorc variant suggested by Chuck Norris. Haven't played it though, so can't say how effective it is. View the Crystal Maiden build at:
http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=491
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
gg2 wrote:http://www.medianxl.com/t456-v6e-tanya-the-sorceress Marco's guide.

Thanks! That's very much along the lines of what I want to do.

FallenAngel wrote:There is also another fire-cold sorc variant suggested by Chuck Norris. Haven't played it though, so can't say how effective it is. View the Crystal Maiden build at:
http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=491

I read through that one, but I didn't want to rely upon a skill from items. If I get KO'd, I'd have more trouble retrieving my corpse.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Fenris wrote: If I get KO'd, I'd have more trouble retrieving my corpse.
and how do you get KO'D while standing behind an army of strong summons facing monsters that hardly move (chronosphere) ? :)

► Show Spoiler
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote: and how do you get KO'D while standing behind an army of strong summons facing monsters that hardly move (chronosphere) ? :)

Not having access to Chronosphere until lvl 90, it's quite possible. I guess I should have specified early-mid game.

I've not done much with her, yet. Crawling my Necro through destruction at the moment, while also starting a Java zon.

I'll probably respec a few times anyways, try out different things, see how I want to build her.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Fenris wrote:Not having access to Chronosphere until lvl 90, it's quite possible.
well.. leveling to 90 and beyond can be done in a few hours ( less than 5) ... you just need to get the level challanges/enead challenge done at the proper time and focus on powerleveling by doing easy uberquests (k3kba is a decent spot) . the build can do that untwinked .
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
True. Last night I wound up respecing again and trying out poison/lightning. Totally not what I was planning. It's fun, quite powerful, too.

I'm gonna keep playing around until I hit on something I like.

I still want to do a fire and ice build, though. Just need to figure out what I like.
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
So far, I've settled on Snow Queen and Living Flame for the def and life bonuses, with Pyroblast being my main fire skill. It works beautifully on single targets and packs, and with the +skills from equipment and Familiar and +fire dmg from socketing Ral runes (where I can), it's a brutal amount of damage output.

For cold, I do like Frigid Sphere but I may also try out Abyss, see how I can work it into my play style.
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Abyss is very powerful even with only one point, it is hard to aim however.