Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Rediska wrote:decided to test your guide :thumb: ,very quickly came to 3 acts, in shitty things.
question, have you tried experiments with other mercenaries?

Act3 abjurer is always good with +skills and -enemy lightning resist enemies. However your totems won‘t buff that merc.

I plan on trying out act 2 and act5 mercs in the upcoming patch. However, I can imagine that at least in case of act 5 merc bosses can be killed faster. Act2 merc: I‘d probably use either shapeshifter or the one who casts fortress.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
terror baal ACCK only thing i have left ..to move ont dest .. keep dying 3 min into fight . yes i know run from black spots.. kill minion of.... etc. would you recc switching to ranger for faster boss kill spoeed? would arrowsiude be that much better against baal?? or not really and priestess self heal helps?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:terror baal ACCK only thing i have left ..to move ont dest .. keep dying 3 min into fight . yes i know run from black spots.. kill minion of.... etc. would you recc switching to ranger for faster boss kill spoeed? would arrowsiude be that much better against baal?? or not really and priestess self heal helps?

Baal teleports when struck, so no, arrowside won't hit him often either, because once he got hit once or twice, he just teleports away and most of the time out of the range of arrowside. And multihit skills like arrowside often have a low %weapon damage per missile, so Baal won't even bother being hit by that.

Just copy Baal's playstyle and don't stop teleporting. It's doable with both, ranger and priestress merc.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
moved
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
bradr wrote:terror baal ACCK only thing i have left ..to move ont dest .. keep dying 3 min into fight . yes i know run from black spots.. kill minion of.... etc. would you recc switching to ranger for faster boss kill spoeed? would arrowsiude be that much better against baal?? or not really and priestess self heal helps?

Baal teleports when struck, so no, arrowside won't hit him often either, because once he got hit once or twice, he just teleports away and most of the time out of the range of arrowside. And multihit skills like arrowside often have a low %weapon damage per missile, so Baal won't even bother being hit by that.

Just copy Baal's playstyle and don't stop teleporting. It's doable with both, ranger and priestress merc.

im sure it's cause id stop teleporting and get nailed by something after a few minutes thanks.. for encouragement

And regarding Terror BAAL..??
hey is there a gain/loss between 1 dft 1 howling 3 frost totems vrs.. 5 frost totems? for the baal battle?? i know sometimes like with
diablo 5 frost is actually better than 1 dft 1 howl and 3 frost.. so just wondered if standard 1 dft 1 howl 3 frost worked or if should use the 5 frost model
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I'm 80% sure frostclaw totem triggers Baal's teleport. So no, it's rather that your merc and your minions kill Baal instead of frostclaw totem.

On the other hand it's good that Baal teleports because sometimes he casts so many black AoE's that the whole scren is covered. So keep it at 3 frostclaw totems.

Edit: you could also just finish BRC first and use the reward skill to kill Baal more quickly.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:I'm 80% sure frostclaw totem triggers Baal's teleport. So no, it's rather that your merc and your minions kill Baal instead of frostclaw totem.

On the other hand it's good that Baal teleports because sometimes he casts so many black AoE's that the whole scren is covered. So keep it at 3 frostclaw totems.

Edit: you could also just finish BRC first and use the reward skill to kill Baal more quickly.

LOL just nailed him
i wasnt teleporting enough once i stayed on him and teleported every 5 or 10 seconds it went much faster 1dft 1 howl 3 frost.. worked greatr got lucky h e didnt spam cover floor with black crud....

and didnt frost push a lot...so was able to do it in 3 min ish cause i could stasy on him for most part..
when he frost push spam... it really sucks to get damage on him
so then..I
went into destruction and all my resist vanished!!LOL now i totally get why i should start removing the ist jewels from armour peices and putting in resist jems instead.. got up to 80%+ in everything and still have 850% minion life 190% cold dam frost does 8k-12k per totem ramps over 50k hp and 200+mf 580 ish for the merc and night and howl are at lvl 20 so def in good shape to start getting my SU and set gear for merc and I thanks so much for all the aid!!
i actually feel able to reply to easier questions or pass on stuff evewn though ive been a slow learner at points..

so thanks now its pretty much just specifics for some of the ubers.. and re BRC for some reason im terrified of the TA part the others trails i did no problem
but maybe its the time involved and my med sick brain fog or whatever but the TA trail one the 3 times i tried it i wasnt geared right or forgot to kill off summons or re summon or miss clicked and killed one of the priestess away from meeting center point
anyways baal done doing some of the easy charms like infern machine so ill get +1max skill and off to farm in TA and k3k for set and su stuff and faunt for a gr once i get some su pieces or set peices and grab a couple charms
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
so readoing duncraig looks interesting 1 what should my respec points distrib be when i get near assur?? i ask cause you mention using purify??! whats that dont see it on necro skill trees is that from previous version?? or am i totaslly dense and missed a skill?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
You have to collect the seals from the mini bosses first and cube all 5 with a ring that occasionally drops from the mobs in duncraig. It seems I missed putting them in the guide.

For assur it‘s only important to use the jinns instead of death ward, since they are fire immune. Just watch out for his attacks since he will 1-hit K.O. You. You should keep moving (walking) until your jinns have swarmed him. Then summon your totems and kill him from afar while keeping a certain distance.

But seriously, this boss is quite hard since you somehow have to get into the right position, which mostly happens by chance. You might want to try other Ubers first and after you got both a ghal rune and goetia plate.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:You have to collect the seals from the mini bosses first and cube all 5 with a ring that occasionally drops from the mobs in duncraig. It seems I missed putting them in the guide.

For assur it‘s only important to use the jinns instead of death ward, since they are fire immune. Just watch out for his attacks since he will 1-hit K.O. You. You should keep moving (walking) until your jinns have swarmed him. Then summon your totems and kill him from afar while keeping a certain distance.

But seriously, this boss is quite hard since you somehow have to get into the right position, which mostly happens by chance. You might want to try other Ubers first and after you got both a ghal rune and goetia plate.

okay cool thanks yeah i only asked cause i was picking which ones to try as it is TA and infern machine and buitcher and leg of blood and others def seem easier cath of vanity etc... i only asked cause i was reading which ones to do first.. and saw you mentioned purify skill and i had no idea what that is!!??

hmm dont know anything bout mini boss charms or ring.. sounds like the 2 sets of armour from mini bosses and bosses from another uber..
anyways..

so ive found a couple amultes the black dwarf and klaata ones you list 3 for the merc those 2 and one other. dyers evw?. is there a rec priorty order?? I assume for fautz i want gort Kill!! amulet.. (klaatu barato ..). cause of the 50% necrobat ench damage but got a personal rec for everyday usage? dyers eve seems fairly neutral but maybe black dwarf is more powerful with its light/cold-enemy res.. and damage boost under DFT effects??might nbe nice but KBN has built in flat lighting and poison dmg..assume ive got the rest of my middle/end game merc gear and am not using early game stuff except for the belt deadfall which it really is hard to do better than without extreme luck .. abnd oh i found arch bish lamen rainbow damage and stats boost that seems like a really good gen purpose end game piece.. found glor fin firebank gauntlets open wounds fire dmg fire boost stat boost seems like good su gaunts