How to get all charms with T6 gear [1.3]

Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
@aerial - thank you, I completely missed that in the tray!
@krys - thank you also, that seems to work very well. I thought the #IfWinActive would only test if d2 was active when the script was fired up, but it seems that it actually converts space to vc only when space is pressed within the d2 window, and it detects each one, which is perfect.

I also added ^F12::ExitApp outside the d2 code so that I can close it with Ctrl+F12. This doesn't interfere with the d2 key assignments and just gives another way to close it. So the whole script is now:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive ahk_class Diablo II

space:: fort()
fort()
{
send v
sleep 25
click right
sleep 25
send b
}

#IfWinActive

^F12::ExitApp

I will also change space to another character since I use space as stand-still and have the other skills assigned to asdqwezxcfvb keys.
Thanks to both for your help with this. It was very worthwhile to learn AHK and it works fantastically well in d2.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think the ideal millisecond delay is 40, since d2 logic runs at 25 frames per second that's exactly 1 frame
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I can't get the AHK script to work, it's weird because if I test it with text it's working ( writes vc instead of space ) but it doesn't work ingame :scratch:

edit: I managed to get it to work with X-mouse button control, had to increase the delay to 100 ms but still it's not as reliable as I'd like, sometimes it doesn't work and sometimes the character stops in its tracks after casting it. I'm afraid it will never work well with realm delay :(
Edited by Gekko64 6 years.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
What do you think about the % uninterruptable attack chance from armor mos?
Especially for melee builds while farming, or doing some bosses like that require precision and low downtime (so you don't die to shit they throw while you're trying to apply that OW, for example)?

I mean, it's probably less effective if you get op gear and build so you oneshot everything, though.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
2h barb gets 3fpa with 200fhr, id rather focus on getting that (it is especially easy with steel golem chest and immortal passive).
I did try to mess around with this stat when leveled my untwinked nagisin, and more when got into first charms. I can't say I noticed it being very effective (issue on sin wasn't getting interrupted by rather just rekt because of low hp and not enough layers of defense, even 70% dodge is not much if it is all you have on top of low hp).
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
great guide, really nice idea to use blast wave charges to knockback xazax minions :)
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Since I want to play from scratch I am just starting fresh. The only drawback I'm noticing in early play is that I am not getting anything useful from Griswold's box and the unique droprate (on realm) is so low that after a day of play, I'm only having 2,4 arcane crystals :)

Of course the playing speed will ramp up soon. I don't have any of the required uniques yet. Now I remember for example necro getting different stuff from Griswold boxes. Would there be a list somewhere so I can find out with what char I would have to open the boxes in order to get the target uniques? (Featherclaw, lionpaw, deadfall, etc)
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Muilpeer wrote:Since I want to play from scratch I am just starting fresh. The only drawback I'm noticing in early play is that I am not getting anything useful from Griswold's box and the unique droprate (on realm) is so low that after a day of play, I'm only having 2,4 arcane crystals :)

Of course the playing speed will ramp up soon. I don't have any of the required uniques yet. Now I remember for example necro getting different stuff from Griswold boxes. Would there be a list somewhere so I can find out with what char I would have to open the boxes in order to get the target uniques? (Featherclaw, lionpaw, deadfall, etc)

Don’t bother with boxes just rush to nilithak and grind ac. Gamble the bases and use the unique creation recipe. This is the simplest part of this guide the itemization is designed to be brain dead easy. There are loads of runewords or basic items you can use as a melee barb to make it to act 5 without stopping to gear up for a second just look at what looks good in the docs.

On another note aerial it might be helpful to go into more depth on your mo choices especially for your weapons as new players likely won’t have the knowledge to know if they should go ds/max damage ias etc. just a suggestion in case you want to appeal even more to a newer crowd.
dacoshild
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
aerial wrote:I might do some twinked mini section in the guide for people who want use better gear.

I would love to see this build with godlike gear.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
shnurr214 wrote:On another note aerial it might be helpful to go into more depth on your mo choices especially for your weapons as new players likely won’t have the knowledge to know if they should go ds/max damage ias etc. just a suggestion in case you want to appeal even more to a newer crowd.

It is there, ias and AR, you don't have space for deadly strinke nor max damage (plus it wouldn't be worth it at this point).

dacoshild wrote:I would love to see this build with godlike gear.

Problem with that is, it would also have to include respec, since if you don't mind dumping bunch of shrines on the gear, you probably also can afford beladonna elixir. In many encounters just part of the build works, because it was designed to beat everything. So for heroic boss like astrogha for example, all points in fortress are useless, because you are not using it. When you fight boss like witch, all points into defense are useless (bear + runemaster), because it doesn't work against that boss nor any enemy in that area. Laz is another example, no fortress, and your damage stops being relevant, while you want focus even more on defense, so even different build.