Old school Lightning Sorc 2020

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
antonius wrote:I kindly ask the use of bringing the shoes to level 1? In addition to not being able to put jewels or runes, because the difference goes back to the level of the inserted object, many statistics are lost and the main ones are significantly lower. Obviously I'm missing a step and I would like to understand more, thanks in advance

Mostly because the properties that can roll on Boots are so you are better off using it to dump mystic orbs for combat speeds and additional spell focus. Typically crafted Boots require around lvl 78. Contrast that with the level 63(if you put jewels in) or lvl 50(if you use resist gems or Ort runes) with an item level 1 boots, that is at least 3 more mystic orbs you can use for either combat speeds, spell focus or lightning spell damage, all of which cannot be rolled on Boots.
ShadowMonkey777
Skeleton
2 | 0
Yes, definitely one of the best guides I've seen, and a massive help!!! I'll be tweaking my Lightning sorc. Thanks so so much.
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes a very good guide, definitely!

Im currently trying to build a light sorc around this guide on hc but im still on the way for it ... like i cant use all the +dmg stuff and i may currently look for a tradeoff between dmg and survivability, like using Curandera (su xis armor).. dont know where ill end up with my dmg at the end
Kastaneda89
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Hi. I have a question concerning damage output. Im starting to play this build, I previous y had lvl 105 cold sorc with TUs, and and the damage was jo to 2.9k. After I respecced it for lightning build and putting a few SUs required for it, the damage as below 1k. No real runes/jewels used on either of the 2 build. Is the damage that much lower for lightning setup?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kastaneda89 wrote:Hi. I have a question concerning damage output. Im starting to play this build, I previous y had lvl 105 cold sorc with TUs, and and the damage was jo to 2.9k. After I respecced it for lightning build and putting a few SUs required for it, the damage as below 1k. No real runes/jewels used on either of the 2 build. Is the damage that much lower for lightning setup?

thunderstone multihits a lot.
Kastaneda89
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Crash wrote:
Kastaneda89 wrote:Hi. I have a question concerning damage output. Im starting to play this build, I previous y had lvl 105 cold sorc with TUs, and and the damage was jo to 2.9k. After I respecced it for lightning build and putting a few SUs required for it, the damage as below 1k. No real runes/jewels used on either of the 2 build. Is the damage that much lower for lightning setup?

So is it comparable with cold or fire sorc damage-wise? I got 2 thunderstone relics and almost all SUs required for the build. But the number are not that great yet(havent put relics in yet)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kastaneda89 wrote:
Crash wrote:

So is it comparable with cold or fire sorc damage-wise? I got 2 thunderstone relics and almost all SUs required for the build. But the number are not that great yet(havent put relics in yet)

dont bother with the listed sheet damage. just make sure you have your spell focus reaching 2000, your energy reaching 1000, your lightning pierce at -135 for farming and -170 for bosses (besides a few endgame ones that need more prep anyways) and as much spell damage as you can get elsewhere while also making sure you have decent hp and speed breakpoints for hit recovery and cast rate.

tstone is very good for bosses and tempest is a pretty good farming skill as well.
Kastaneda89
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Crash wrote:
Kastaneda89 wrote:
Crash wrote:

dont bother with the listed sheet damage. just make sure you have your spell focus reaching 2000, your energy reaching 1000, your lightning pierce at -135 for farming and -170 for bosses (besides a few endgame ones that need more prep anyways) and as much spell damage as you can get elsewhere while also making sure you have decent hp and speed breakpoints for hit recovery and cast rate.

tstone is very good for bosses and tempest is a pretty good farming skill as well.

I happen to have relics for both tstone and tempest. I just wanted to make sure the build is worth the push, as im playing fire caster druid and its more than decent
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Kastaneda89 wrote:Is the damage that much lower for lightning setup?

Lightning does comparable damage to other Sorc disciplines now. And with the way thunderstone works you'll have an easier time against most bosses. The damage on your character sheet is per lightning bolt released. Actual damage if you land a perfect hit should be sheet damage x20

Kastaneda89 wrote:I just wanted to make sure the build is worth the push, as im playing fire caster druid and its more than decent

Sorc is at least on par with Druid, if not better. Lightning can now comfortably do everything up to 130 without heavy investment. The set alone will take you comfortably through all the way down to Uldyssian. The place that requires investment are areas that were marked in the final section of the guide and Dimensional labyrinth, but that's almost everybody.
Kastaneda89
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Engersion wrote:
Kastaneda89 wrote:Is the damage that much lower for lightning setup?

Lightning does comparable damage to other Sorc disciplines now. And with the way thunderstone works you'll have an easier time against most bosses. The damage on your character sheet is per lightning bolt released. Actual damage if you land a perfect hit should be sheet damage x20

Kastaneda89 wrote:I just wanted to make sure the build is worth the push, as im playing fire caster druid and its more than decent

Sorc is at least on par with Druid, if not better. Lightning can now comfortably do everything up to 130 without heavy investment. The set alone will take you comfortably through all the way down to Uldyssian. The place that requires investment are areas that were marked in the final section of the guide and Dimensional labyrinth, but that's almost everybody.

Thanks a lot for the tips