The Elder Shaman - Summon Barbarian Ft. Sinners [V2.4 UPDATED]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Shidongan
Dark Huntress
12 | 5
CorralTheTroops wrote:Some good advice that I have is to avoid using +max minions on weapons, you can craft quite a strong +4sk barb weapon and maybe use morth runeword. That way when you swap, to resummon your sinners, you won't DEsummon any guardian spirits. Also put minion health MO's on all gear, tbh I think it may even be worthwhile to put some minion health jewels if needed while gearing up. Although your damage will go down a little, minion health offers incredible QOL

Thanks, I have minion life everywhere I could except main weapon and right now I have 160% minion life. And I probably will change some of my jewels from minion damage to minion life. Also, is there I can do to contribute to summons life regen? Like Eagle Stance but permanent

Tnt1094 wrote:бро характеристики миньонов формируются во время призыва для этого и нужен своп, допустим у тебя синнер 10 уровня, а на свопе 20 уровня он сильнее, когда они помирают надо свопаться и заново призывать их, а не на основном оружие

Та они умирают невероятно быстро, стоит мне только их в неправильную позицию поставить. Надоело уже )
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Shidongan wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:Some good advice that I have is to avoid using +max minions on weapons, you can craft quite a strong +4sk barb weapon and maybe use morth runeword. That way when you swap, to resummon your sinners, you won't DEsummon any guardian spirits. Also put minion health MO's on all gear, tbh I think it may even be worthwhile to put some minion health jewels if needed while gearing up. Although your damage will go down a little, minion health offers incredible QOL

Thanks, I have minion life everywhere I could except main weapon and right now I have 160% minion life. And I probably will change some of my jewels from minion damage to minion life. Also, is there I can do to contribute to summons life regen? Like Eagle Stance but permanent

Tnt1094 wrote:бро характеристики миньонов формируются во время призыва для этого и нужен своп, допустим у тебя синнер 10 уровня, а на свопе 20 уровня он сильнее, когда они помирают надо свопаться и заново призывать их, а не на основном оружие

Та они умирают невероятно быстро, стоит мне только их в неправильную позицию поставить. Надоело уже )

Until you have really strong gear, probably the best thing is Priestess Merc, After that maybe Bloodmage merc can be good if your minions are very tanky.
Only problem with Priestess merc is her heal doesn't work at full capacity on minions
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Shidongan wrote:Thanks for the guide!
Having a blast at Scos right now.
I was wondering, how do we use swap Sinner? In my case it has 32 level, 70k hp and it's pain in the ass to resummon it. Any advice about what am I doing wrong?

You need to have both of your on-switch weapons to have high roll on sinners. Use that when summoning sinners to get them with high stats, then switch back to your main weapons. At least one of your main weapons need to have sinners so they don't disappear. Alternatively, you can use a Sinner relic if you can get one.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Shidongan wrote:Thanks, I have minion life everywhere I could except main weapon and right now I have 160% minion life. And I probably will change some of my jewels from minion damage to minion life. Also, is there I can do to contribute to summons life regen? Like Eagle Stance but permanent

Eagle stance doesn't work on spirits anymore. Your best bet is A1 Priestess merc for VIndicate. Or A3 Bloodmage for Inner Fire if you prefer that.
Shidongan
Dark Huntress
12 | 5
ScarletEdge wrote:
Shidongan wrote:Thanks, I have minion life everywhere I could except main weapon and right now I have 160% minion life. And I probably will change some of my jewels from minion damage to minion life. Also, is there I can do to contribute to summons life regen? Like Eagle Stance but permanent

Eagle stance doesn't work on spirits anymore. Your best bet is A1 Priestess merc for VIndicate. Or A3 Bloodmage for Inner Fire if you prefer that.

Thanks! I guess all I need is 140 to add 4 additional summons and to find that su chest plate.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ScarletEdge wrote:

Just want to update on this, I'm pretty sure after some testing. Only A1 Priestess Merc works, and others dont... (Blood mage gift of inner fire, or Berserrker on Barb merc proc)
I'm still using Barb atm for Esubane aura, but I will probably switch back soon...
Gelgsus
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CorralTheTroops wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:

Just want to update on this, I'm pretty sure after some testing. Only A1 Priestess Merc works, and others dont... (Blood mage gift of inner fire, or Berserrker on Barb merc proc)
I'm still using Barb atm for Esubane aura, but I will probably switch back soon...

Can we confirm that A3 Bloodmage does not heal?

Edit: I just ran around toraian jungles with 1 of each spirit, and my bloodmage. Spirits healthbar dropped slowly and so did mine when we walked through poisonous clouds. Mine regenerated much more often. But spirit's healthbars did regenerate every once in a while. Once I started using spirit walk more often, they would heal much more often as well. I think it does work, but spirits have to be really close to the merc, when gift of inner fire is up, hence spirit walking often helps.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Gelgsus wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:

Edit: I just ran around toraian jungles with 1 of each spirit, and my bloodmage. Spirits healthbar dropped slowly and so did mine when we walked through poisonous clouds. Mine regenerated much more often. But spirit's healthbars did regenerate every once in a while. Once I started using spirit walk more often, they would heal much more often as well. I think it does work, but spirits have to be really close to the merc, when gift of inner fire is up, hence spirit walking often helps.

I've also seen it work before (only with bloodmage, not with barb berserrker), but it's not reliable enough to be worht the merc. Imo better to use Esubane + Barb or Priestess
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gelgsus wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:

Well, esubane does not absorb poison, so I'm not sure if Esubane will help with that.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Gelgsus wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:

I think atleast, there must be a limit on the number of units that it can proc on, I think that's probably it
I've had a similar issues with unit seleciton on Gift of the wild skill as well, it doesn't proc on all my minions on a single cast (when outside town)