The Stormcaller

Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Instead of posting more in the Short Questions thread, it's easier to ask here if the guide will be updated now that version 1.2 is released and makes big changes to some of the skills used in this build?

It would be useful to get a note to say what you think the changes to Thundercrack and Magnetic Field will do to the skill choices. Even Hammer of Zerae has changed but I do not think it will be worth using because of the spiral attack mechanism.
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
So, how good is stormcaller this patch? any recommendations on how to gear her and what her skill points should be? I really want to try her out.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Grasshopper wrote:Instead of posting more in the Short Questions thread, it's easier to ask here if the guide will be updated now that version 1.2 is released and makes big changes to some of the skills used in this build?

It would be useful to get a note to say what you think the changes to Thundercrack and Magnetic Field will do to the skill choices. Even Hammer of Zerae has changed but I do not think it will be worth using because of the spiral attack mechanism.

Doubtful that it gets updated.

This is still a caster-based stormzon guide. Mag field and thundercrack are both weapon damage.
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
Is stormcallzon still viable?
Mordwolf
Vampiress
39 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Yes stormzons are still viable not real changes since as LH points out its a caster zon so still same basic skill usage...but if you want go hybrid abit just use a scepter type with high base damage and ele damage on it or craft one with the tri ele shrines then thundercrack and mag field would be a good backup the spiral hammer skill i wouldnt bother with either because of the mechanics
ilska
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Still viable in 1.3?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
ilska wrote:Still viable in 1.3?

Yes
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
What wep is best to use for end game. is it still the creep runeword or are we switching to a sacred ornate war sceptre or something. Or perhaps a sacred war axe. I want to know because I'm collecting charms right now and I should have enough str/dex but I'm not sure where to go from there.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
damage per cast is definitely lower with the creep and you may lack lightning pierce in comparison to a good crafted weapon and a nice shield. But if your damage per cast is high enough to put monsters in get hit animation, i would go with creep because with 4 frame cast animation from sorc morph you may be able to perma stun your enemies. So a bit of testing is necessary...
Good luck with your progress anyways!
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Thanks for the reply but I'm still wondering whether I should bother with the creep since I have a magical sacred war sceptre that I'm thinking I could turn into rare using Charsi but i'm wondering if it's worth it. I also have a choice of using a sacred war axe if that is better than a sceptre. Also I want to know if i should look for a sacred setzschild as wel so i could turn into rare and go for a ornate blessed shield (although that sounds extremely rare to find) since i've never seen a sacred setzschild before in game so far. Perhaps a sacred Athulua's Hand or Phoenix shield would be easier to find/use? or just keep my tier 6 setzschild.