The Stormcaller

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Ntf1015
Bone Archer
79 | 0
Stupid question, but is the creep runeword still only available on realm only? Thanks in advance
User avatar
L H
Lachdanan
5554 | 195
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Ntf1015 wrote:Stupid question, but is the creep runeword still only available on realm only? Thanks in advance


Yes. It's realm only. And this realm patch has made the maximum resistance rolls from 0-5, and removed the trinity nova proc.

I believe there's an SSSU long staff that works similarly for the nova procs, but you'll be best off with something like SSU Grand Scepter and a shield because the cast rate is much better than a staff without that Sorc morph.
vantheanh
Prowler
18 | 0
What is the point of creating a new tree with only one playable skill?
The other trees have skills that allow different play styles but lightning zon does not. I see the idea of making lightning zon a hybrid char, which can be both melee and caster. However, it confused me a lot. Thundercrack is melee but does not trigger on att proc, same to hammer of zerae.
Besides that, there are 2 melee skills, and 2 caster skills but to me, they are all AoE dmg dealer. I don't see how we can use hammer of zerae as a single target dealer because the dmg range is crazy. So, if I try to play caster, I need O Skill, which is a fail to me. I thought about magnetic field with on striking proc but it is a pain in the ass. Snakehair tier unique is the only choice for beginner til mid game.

It is my complain about this lightning zon. If using the skills in the tree requires further knowledge of this game, I rather not playing it. The reason is to me other trees and other classes does not require that much of knowledge until we doing ubers.
User avatar
L H
Lachdanan
5554 | 195
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
vantheanh wrote:What is the point of creating a new tree with only one playable skill?
The other trees have skills that allow different play styles but lightning zon does not. I see the idea of making lightning zon a hybrid char, which can be both melee and caster. However, it confused me a lot. Thundercrack is melee but does not trigger on att proc, same to hammer of zerae.
Besides that, there are 2 melee skills, and 2 caster skills but to me, they are all AoE dmg dealer. I don't see how we can use hammer of zerae as a single target dealer because the dmg range is crazy. So, if I try to play caster, I need O Skill, which is a fail to me. I thought about magnetic field with on striking proc but it is a pain in the ass. Snakehair tier unique is the only choice for beginner til mid game.

It is my complain about this lightning zon. If using the skills in the tree requires further knowledge of this game, I rather not playing it. The reason is to me other trees and other classes does not require that much of knowledge until we doing ubers.


Posting your feedback and criticism of skill trees shouldn't go in the comment section of a guide that someone put a lot of time into making it successful with the given skills. Something like your comments would be better suited in the Feedback pages, along with any suggestions on a new skill or way to balance the storm tree that you might come up with.
vantheanh
Prowler
18 | 0
I dont get me wrong. I read carefully the workshop then tested the lightning tree to verify what is said in the section. What I said above was to agree that stormcaller is the only playable style for this tree
User avatar
L H
Lachdanan
5554 | 195
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
vantheanh wrote:I dont get me wrong. I read carefully the workshop then tested the lightning tree to verify what is said in the section. What I said above was to agree that stormcaller is the only playable style for this tree


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syDK-yFfN_0
kissofaries
Mangler
492 | 7
Proc on striking, pretty expensive:(
User avatar
L H
Lachdanan
5554 | 195
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
kissofaries wrote:Proc on striking, pretty expensive:(


Just a danmaku.
User avatar
Mone-chan
Destroyer
7 | 1
Hi!

Considering the changes to The Creep is it still worth getting due to the morph or should I start looking for something else?
Thraxis
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Not suchbalance but have played this pretty extensively over the last few patches. The creep is probably still worth getting. A big downside is that spirit of vengeance is no longer able to be targeted so you lose some of the "cheese factor" in some of the end game settings. Make sure if you haven't played this before that you have good jewels ready to transfer over to that mid/end spec with creep or you'll find yourself hitting a survivability wall.

I've always thought it's kinda been into the very very end game end of the tree. It's very possible to do ~80% Of the ubers with out it. I'm currently playing it in the mid-end game with paragon still and putting some points (~20) into fire elementals who are much tankier than before. Of course with cheaper gear your kill speed and such will be slower. But I'm not having too many problems with just decent jewels in Helm/Gloves. Currently at 1-4k dmg storm call with 95% pierce (you don't need 200 anymore since heroic shields are gone) and can farm the normal areas (TA, Dunc although a bit slowly).

Been meaning to ask SB about the same thing so hopefully he pops into here or possibly updates the guide but i'm sure he's tired from modding and deserves a good break <3.