Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The creep is definitely not worth it for this build anymore:
- You get 5fpa cast animation with it, compared to 6 with 1h + shield amazon, but for that you lose 12 sockets + it has no pierce + you need an extra 40 fcr
- Amazon class items can now be crafted with lightning spell damage & pierce, which means crafted shield + sceptre got buffed, not to mention rare & crafts are buffed themselves due to the improved rare affix pool + shrines granting all bonuses
- Crafted zon shield can spawn with thunderstone which is better than hailstorm for your single target option since you can leverage your lightning pierce
- Asterism now gives more bonus defence than before so getting a high def shield is a big deal
- Paragon got buffed & SoV is no longer a cheese machine: potentially Paragon becomes the best uber skill option overall, also has great synergy with shield + sceptre

All in all this build should be stronger than pre 2017 in terms of damage output and survivability.
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Glad theres some interest in this guide since im playing stormzon now in single player.
Didnt saw it in the guide or im missed it, but for your weapon a good and cheap option is Durga runeword= "LAI" rune in scepters.
Up to 4 ama skill, 40% fcr, 13% ele bonus to bloodlust os its like 13% spell damage, up to 100 life after kill is soooo good. Its great, running it right now.
Can do it in war scepter with 5X crafted jewels %spell damage to make it better.
Crafting some ama shield like suchbalance mention. Can create some monster
TouchOfEva
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Would be great if u do season 2017 stormcaller guild - similar to the original guide :P
CheeseOfTruth
Invader
9 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So, I am a total noob :roll:

I am following this guide and had several problems along the way understanding things and doin the right stuff and so on, but i managed to get the build going and i am end of Terror.

Since i am reading "The Creep" isnt the best choice anymore ( i know i am little far but i like to plan the future ) i just wanted to ask if i am understanding things correctly.

Sceptre + Shield is now the go to? I am assuming zon shield is an "Amazon" shield meaning Setzshield? And if so I need to roll e.g. Sacred Setzshield to get "Thunderstone" since its better now?

And since "Greg's Silent Scream " arent available anymore, cause i could not find them anywhere. What are good Gloves to replace them?

I am sorry for the load of Questions :oops: :bounce:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CheeseOfTruth wrote:So, I am a total noob :roll:

I am following this guide and had several problems along the way understanding things and doin the right stuff and so on, but i managed to get the build going and i am end of Terror.

Since i am reading "The Creep" isnt the best choice anymore ( i know i am little far but i like to plan the future ) i just wanted to ask if i am understanding things correctly.

Sceptre + Shield is now the go to? I am assuming zon shield is an "Amazon" shield meaning Setzshield? And if so I need to roll e.g. Sacred Setzshield to get "Thunderstone" since its better now?

And since "Greg's Silent Scream " arent available anymore, cause i could not find them anywhere. What are good Gloves to replace them?

Amazon shields = Athulua's Hand, Phoenix Shield, Setzchild

Greg's Silent Scream exists, but it's renamed in the Curse of the Zakarum set.
CheeseOfTruth
Invader
9 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:
CheeseOfTruth wrote:So, I am a total noob :roll:

Amazon shields = Athulua's Hand, Phoenix Shield, Setzchild

Greg's Silent Scream exists, but it's renamed in the Curse of the Zakarum set.

Alright!!! That helps a lot. Thanks for the fast Answer!
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
So are you implying scepters should be crafted as well or use a crafted Ama shield with a solid SU or RW
Nullifiy
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If we're now supposed to use a scepter, what are we doing about stats? Having to use a shrine crafted scepter would require you to put 300-400 stats in dex and you'd lose all that in energy. Am I missing something here?
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Asterism gives you a solid bit of dex. With some basic charms you'll only need ~15 points in dex.