The Stormcaller

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Ausbilder
Bone Archer
76 | 0
pop, plz SB give us a hint :P
suchbalance
Gore Crawler
1549 | 311
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active forum collaborator / developer
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The creep is definitely not worth it for this build anymore:
- You get 5fpa cast animation with it, compared to 6 with 1h + shield amazon, but for that you lose 12 sockets + it has no pierce + you need an extra 40 fcr
- Amazon class items can now be crafted with lightning spell damage & pierce, which means crafted shield + sceptre got buffed, not to mention rare & crafts are buffed themselves due to the improved rare affix pool + shrines granting all bonuses
- Crafted zon shield can spawn with thunderstone which is better than hailstorm for your single target option since you can leverage your lightning pierce
- Asterism now gives more bonus defence than before so getting a high def shield is a big deal
- Paragon got buffed & SoV is no longer a cheese machine: potentially Paragon becomes the best uber skill option overall, also has great synergy with shield + sceptre

All in all this build should be stronger than pre 2017 in terms of damage output and survivability.
redicomerade
Sasquatch
67 | 2
Glad theres some interest in this guide since im playing stormzon now in single player.
Didnt saw it in the guide or im missed it, but for your weapon a good and cheap option is Durga runeword= "LAI" rune in scepters.
Up to 4 ama skill, 40% fcr, 13% ele bonus to bloodlust os its like 13% spell damage, up to 100 life after kill is soooo good. Its great, running it right now.
Can do it in war scepter with 5X crafted jewels %spell damage to make it better.
Crafting some ama shield like suchbalance mention. Can create some monster
TouchOfEva
Pit Knight
104 | -4
Would be great if u do season 2017 stormcaller guild - similar to the original guide :P
CheeseOfTruth
Skeleton
3 | 0
So, I am a total noob :roll:

I am following this guide and had several problems along the way understanding things and doin the right stuff and so on, but i managed to get the build going and i am end of Terror.

Since i am reading "The Creep" isnt the best choice anymore ( i know i am little far but i like to plan the future ) i just wanted to ask if i am understanding things correctly.

Sceptre + Shield is now the go to? I am assuming zon shield is an "Amazon" shield meaning Setzshield? And if so I need to roll e.g. Sacred Setzshield to get "Thunderstone" since its better now?

And since "Greg's Silent Scream " arent available anymore, cause i could not find them anywhere. What are good Gloves to replace them?

I am sorry for the load of Questions :oops: :bounce:
L H
The Summoner
5125 | 165
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
CheeseOfTruth wrote:So, I am a total noob :roll:

I am following this guide and had several problems along the way understanding things and doin the right stuff and so on, but i managed to get the build going and i am end of Terror.

Since i am reading "The Creep" isnt the best choice anymore ( i know i am little far but i like to plan the future ) i just wanted to ask if i am understanding things correctly.

Sceptre + Shield is now the go to? I am assuming zon shield is an "Amazon" shield meaning Setzshield? And if so I need to roll e.g. Sacred Setzshield to get "Thunderstone" since its better now?

And since "Greg's Silent Scream " arent available anymore, cause i could not find them anywhere. What are good Gloves to replace them?

Amazon shields = Athulua's Hand, Phoenix Shield, Setzchild

Greg's Silent Scream exists, but it's renamed in the Curse of the Zakarum set.
CheeseOfTruth
Skeleton
3 | 0
L H wrote:
CheeseOfTruth wrote:So, I am a total noob :roll:

Amazon shields = Athulua's Hand, Phoenix Shield, Setzchild

Greg's Silent Scream exists, but it's renamed in the Curse of the Zakarum set.

Alright!!! That helps a lot. Thanks for the fast Answer!
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
So are you implying scepters should be crafted as well or use a crafted Ama shield with a solid SU or RW
Nullifiy
Skeleton
2 | 0
If we're now supposed to use a scepter, what are we doing about stats? Having to use a shrine crafted scepter would require you to put 300-400 stats in dex and you'd lose all that in energy. Am I missing something here?
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Asterism gives you a solid bit of dex. With some basic charms you'll only need ~15 points in dex.