Limpet Laser Sin

Shade
|
That's true, I don't have enough dex without TF but my understanding is that I should only need enough dex with TF active. Once I activate TF I do have enough dex so it should then enable the weapons?

It works sometimes, but not always. And it never works when I enter a game - I activate TF, press I and look at inv screen - weps are red.
Switch weps and back again... they're not red.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Shade wrote:That's true, I don't have enough dex without TF but my understanding is that I should only need enough dex with TF active. Once I activate TF I do have enough dex so it should then enable the weapons?

It works sometimes, but not always. And it never works when I enter a game - I activate TF, press I and look at inv screen - weps are red.
Switch weps and back again... they're not red.

Because you don't have enough dex to wear the item. Once you cast Tiefling, the game doesn't register you having the item equipped yet until you re-equip it.
Shade
|
Yes that seems to be what's happening. The question is - should that be happening?
D2 is an old game and had lots of never-fixed bugs - it seems pretty standard to me that if someone casts a skill that affects stats then you run stuff like gear-check routines to pick up the effects. I think Nitz expected that too - I got my expectations from the comments in the "Natalya The Insomniac" Electrofield Assassin guide where Nitz said this (post #12 of that thread):

Nitz wrote:
Dexterity: Enough to equip your gear (without TForm)

Why? I would go for enough to wear with Tform i.e. nothing. Just cast it when you die and you can wear anything.

Since dex is useless for a caster sin except to wear gear, T.Form becomes questionable if you need to have the base dex anyway. +1 skills and some life for 30 points is a bit mediocre.
I guess you could try to always remember to do a pointless weapon-swap every time you join a game or re-buff Tiefling, but... pain :(
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Shade wrote:Yes that seems to be what's happening. The question is - should that be happening?
D2 is an old game and had lots of never-fixed bugs - it seems pretty standard to me that if someone casts a skill that affects stats then you run stuff like gear-check routines to pick up the effects.

I guess you could try to always remember to do a pointless weapon-swap every time you join a game or re-buff Tiefling, but... pain :(

Well it is a diablo "bug" the gear is in the spot but you can't wear it. Once you activate tiefling you could wear it but it doesn't check again probably because these old games didn't have much storage and had to run on bad computers.

It's best not to waste points in dex just to prevent that from happening, just reequip the stuff - switching is the best method for it anyways.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I find Clawsin's farming skill very great and easily, a very fast traveller!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
fafik88 wrote: You see you are blinded by your greatness because if youre a N O O B (!) they do NOT die instantly : ] as much as I'm trying to buff the gear it still around 1500dmg and if you kill all minions and hes still alive afterwards you don't have minions left to lower his shield unless I'm missing something. Resummoning might work but theres two of them to kite around then.

I died to the freaking cow pimp 20 times with a full 2 walls of limpets in his face and 10 bombs back then And smb was helping me to guide him right to it. So strategies have to be modified if they don't die instantly. : (

So I decided to run a sin this ladder again and look I managed to do Akarat with low damage pretty easily. https://youtu.be/wUZqb_2ohdc?t=7m30s

Next video is uploaded soon there I too fail at the bull prince, mainly because I didn't respec. Here: https://youtu.be/_QkTiCUf8aA?t=28m22s

Here I redid him after respecing: https://youtu.be/D8VXZ-LT1uw he even dies faster than before!

The strategies work fine.
lefti
Skeleton
3 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey, I'm building a clawsin according to your miniguide at the end. Would life on attack jewels be best for sustainability? Also, is noctule or batstrike first charge better for general farming?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lefti wrote:is noctule or batstrike first charge better for general farming?

For large crowded areas with open space, Batstrike nova is really great. The only issue with it is managing your timing to consistently and efficiently release the novas with such a fast attack speed, switching between Batstrike and Regular Attack.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I never did life on attack or kill only life leech. I can't comment on the others but life leech works fine.

And bloodbath if active fully heals you when killing like 4 enemies.
Edited by Nitz 6 years.
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:For large crowded areas with open space, Batstrike nova is really great. The only issue with it is managing your timing to consistently and efficiently release the novas with such a fast attack speed, switching between Batstrike and Regular Attack.

why would you need to switch between batstrike and regular attack?