Limpet Laser Sin

illusion
Gravedigger
188 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
also, when breaking immunity, skills like phase bomb have some penalty (only 1/4 or something effectiveness)... dont remember exactly..
so for heroics it should only help a bit (only if res is 100-112)
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
illusion wrote:also, when breaking immunity, skills like phase bomb have some penalty (only 1/4 or something effectiveness)... dont remember exactly..

No, that was true in diablo. In median it directly lowers the damage by the number it states. *Edit: It is not true for heroic bosses, otherwise it has the 1/5 penalty.
Edited by Nitz 7 years.
Firien
Jungle Hunter
29 | 3
I used phase bomb a couple of times, but if my barb merc whacks a phased monster, I die too. From what I read, it seems that shouldn't happen; the merc or reanimate should die, but not me. Am I missing something?
illusion
Gravedigger
188 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Nitz wrote:
illusion wrote:also, when breaking immunity, skills like phase bomb have some penalty (only 1/4 or something effectiveness)... dont remember exactly..

No, that was true in diablo. In median it directly lowers the damage by the number it states.

cool :)
dint know that
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
illusion wrote:
Nitz wrote:

No, that was true in diablo. In median it directly lowers the damage by the number it states.

cool :)
dint know that

i is still true! You shoud not confuse those 2 things:

1. If a monster is immune to a specific element, the 1/5 penalty applies

2. If a monster is not immune from the start the penalty does not apply

A heroic boss is not immune to those elements from the start, they only have an aura that adds random resistances. Thats why the numbers displayed on skills like phase bomb are applied with full efficiency.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
RollsRoyce wrote:2. If a monster is not immune from the start the penalty does not apply

A heroic boss is not immune to those elements from the start, they only have an aura that adds random resistances. Thats why the numbers displayed on skills like phase bomb are applied with full efficiency.

Do you have a source for this? Intuitively it makes no sense since it's all the same stat. Whether it's 150 base or 75 + 75 on an aura; it's all stored in the same variable.

I believe the 1/5 thing is just hardcoded for clod skills like conviction & LR etc. which are not present in Median.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
nope i do not even know where i got this from :)

However i perfomred some tests (using a forbidden mh) and it seems that it does not matter if they are immune prior or not, the reduced resist does not undergo any penalty. Thanks suchbalance i never knew those penalties are hardcoded to those skills
illusion
Gravedigger
188 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
cool :) it works either way 100%

also, nitz - u mind posting like a gameplay video of sewers?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
illusion wrote:also, nitz - u mind posting like a gameplay video of sewers?

Uploading to youtube takes 8 hours for me - but yes I plan to upload some game play videos I already have a bunch.

If you really want to farm stuff that isn't charms just use more expensive gear.

I just helped 3 guys doing Jd upgrade - they could testify that the build is useful.
heamn
Gravedigger
182 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
as he mentioned sewers, i believe he's asking for a video for the general gameplay for positioning, rather to prove the build works. i recall that i was totally lost when i use LL for the 1st time, specifically with narrow places like sewers, or large open space like the frozen tundra