Holy Melee [1.3] WIP

DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Kind of dumb to make a character and have it nerfed when the season just started.
diabetiq0
Vampiress
38 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
DeanLew wrote:Kind of dumb to make a character and have it nerfed when the season just started.

It was really strong tho, kinda dumb to have a character that can clear ta with only kra rw armor.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Only kra armor? Can you make a video of that cuz i have a problem with low defense. How long per TA run with only kra armor takes?

Wolf, pounce zon, throw barb... can farm TA with TU and rws in easy mode no one cares.
When holy melee din can farm TA with rws people lost their mind and says its OP.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What about sockets and MO?

Personally I feel Cinadide sets for end-game gear might not be strong enough. However, the positive thing is that they are not so hard to be found.
Edited by iamq1803 6 years.
diabetiq0
Vampiress
38 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm not saying its OP, it just feel really strong with midgame gear compared to other characters i played. I have easier time with it and completed nearly %75 of the content easily. You can't even feel the nerf on TA cuz mobs gets halfway to die with plague anyway. Now that i think, i guess TA example was bad so apologies.

I have 450k def + 100ll fyi.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I am waiting for next holly melee paladin guide cause this is just gear suggestion thread. And not a good one. Reasons:
1. Skillplan - stopping every 10s to recast buff, stopping every 30s to recast another buff. Sounds good on paper, in reality when you are surounded with mobs it's easy to get stun locked while 2handing. You get AR, LL from other sources easily, save skill points for better things.
2. Rapture and dragonknight to cap frames ? How many points ?
3. Colosseum for small rooms. Sounds good on paper, in reality you need to teleport into those rooms first (duncraig for example) and DA locks colosseum for 3s, other tp skills for even more. Nice.
4. Gears. Midgame section seems to be better than end game. What does this set give you so much better besides the aura ? Don't get me wrong i love sets, but in this case, what are the advantages ? Some meh proc over +skills, defense, ect ? And to find this set ... Weapon and ancient armor - you will end up going to duncraig for that. And with this setup .. unless you like buying tp tomes...
5. Overall this suggestion topic might get you to destruction while struggling with stun locks.

p.s.: this char does not need merc, it's already manly enough.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anonymous: wrote:You get AR, LL from other sources easily, save skill points for better things.

Like what? When you get AR, LL (and spell dmg as icing for procs) from Incarnation you can focus your equipment for better things.
Otherwise I agree, seems like someone just wanted to be the first to make a guide about this.

BTW two days ago I reached to a point I can do some Tfauzt farming comfortably with pretty shitty gear, now I tried again and I didn't notice any difference in killing speed. Bosses and easy-mid ubers seem to still die easily too... so people, don't get scared of that nerf on DJ.

Edit: Oh wait scratch that... I forgot I'm a retard and haven't downloaded 1.1.3 yet, I just assumed the changes happened automatically... (-:
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
put 10 points into Colosseum for max CD reduction and 15 points into Rapture

Well, I put 1 point into Colosseum only, several points into Rapture (just for the duration). It's not worth dumping many points into those skills.
Max Dragonheart, Plague and Blessed life, no doubt.
SSSU lance is definitely one of the best choice for end-game gear, though not easy to find. Luckily, I got one when farming at Fauzt, and it works like a charm. You might try 1h+shield, but I'm afraid the damage output may be not as good as that of 2h weapon.

Jampula wrote:Otherwise I agree, seems like someone just wanted to be the first to make a guide about this.
BTW two days ago I reached to a point I can do some Tfauzt farming comfortably with pretty shitty gear, now I tried again and I didn't notice any difference in killing speed. Bosses and easy-mid ubers seem to still die easily too... so people, don't get scared of that nerf on DJ.

I did expect a well-written guide, but the new patch was released not long ago so many things need to be thoroughly tested.

DJ got nerfed a bit: Total number of hits reduced by 20%, making it harder to deal with some mechanical bosses. Btw, holy melee Pala is still quite strong imo.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Relax boys, if anyone of you ever actually tuned in to his stream he mentioned severeal times that it will be updated the following day and it's a work in progress. Calm your ass.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Jampula wrote:Like what? When you get AR, LL (and spell dmg as icing for procs) from Incarnation you can focus your equipment for better things.
Otherwise I agree, seems like someone just wanted to be the first to make a guide about this.

AR, LL - come from equipment like crafted jewels, rings (xorine), belt - TU 6 wormtongue - one of the best options here.
And overall these stats are here for ever, no need to worry if you under that 10s buff or not.

When i see a new guide - i expect new guide. WIP - should go into showcase at best.

RandomGarlic > please.