Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Roenan wrote:Just gotta thank you for the build. Flew through hatred & am making good progress in terror. Only times I've gotten into trouble is when I'm trying to speed run through an area and get into too many mobs. Taking my time, nothing's stood a chance so far. Only minor gripe is the lack of early game direction with skills, but it's not a huge deal. Build is super easy to play regardless as long as the TU gear is gathered. Already have my RW helm and Body Armor (have to wait to wear the body armor of course - lvl 74 currently).

Edit: Just cleared LC2 @ lvl 75 after a few tries.

good to know you like it. <3
jables
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey, where do u farm life steal jewels? I have all the runes i need to make the runewords for midgame gear but i dont have any life steal jewels.. I am kinda hesitant in switching over since all my armor has res gems in them.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
jables wrote:Hey, where do u farm life steal jewels? I have all the runes i need to make the runewords for midgame gear but i dont have any life steal jewels.. I am kinda hesitant in switching over since all my armor has res gems in them.

Ber-crafted jewels. Check in the docs for recipe.
jables
Skeleton
3 | 0
L H wrote:
jables wrote:Hey, where do u farm life steal jewels? I have all the runes i need to make the runewords for midgame gear but i dont have any life steal jewels.. I am kinda hesitant in switching over since all my armor has res gems in them.

Ber-crafted jewels. Check in the docs for recipe.

Oh dang, lol i been wasting gold rerolling magic jewels :shock:
Minas
Vampiress
39 | 0
hello :)

1question:

Stats:
Str: Rest goes here
Dex: until you reach max block-------------> how much points is max block? :D
vitality: None you can also put rest points here if you think you need life.
Energy: None

2question:

why you in some yours wideo walk not run? this somthing do whits skills or some passive?

3question;

witch mercenery is the bets for this build?
:)

oh oh oh allmost forgot xD
im 55lvl killing ball no problem.. so last question BEAR stance or Wolf? bear stance is just def, yes? so wolf win agenst bear ... but can you explane where is the catch :D BEAr or WOLF? :)
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1) mentioned in the thread a few times already that max block will be around 2365 dex

2) running = zero defense, walk = not hit as often due to mobs needing to hit through your TCD. Once you get your lvl 90 skills you'll walk faster than some classes run.

3) Also covered in the thread earlier. There's some debate about which one. Go back and read through the material. Even gives a gearing guide at one point. FYI I made it to Terror A4 around clvl 85 last night having never gotten a merc, so frankly I wouldn't worry about keeping one alive or gearing one just yet. I got T-Cowed last night and am at 120, so I expect the rest of Terror to be fairly easy and to start k3k farming and a merc isn't on my mind currently. I want to push for midgame gear before thinking about merc unless I get stopped and a merc will help progress.

4) Level bear stance to get total char damage reduction to 50% cap and don't worry about wolf until you're a lot higher clvl (I need to respec tonight since I missed the fact that maxing bear doesn't really help much once you get to 50%. Getting 47% from stance alone is crazy overkill). You will need a good amount of life leech to make wolf stance less frail. I did some crafting last night and am at 41% LL. Didn't get to test it before bed though.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
How many points would u put into Shamanic Trance?
I remember reading somewhere in the forum someone said max it :?:
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
that was in previous patch where shamanic trance was op, now it's not worth investing in it unless you are a summoner
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Gekko64 wrote:that was in previous patch where shamanic trance was op, now it's not worth investing in it unless you are a summoner

I see.
I'm gonna make some tests then.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
so how much iron spiral dmg is acceptable in end game? Currently after MOTW buff I have ~6k, quite low obviously. Also the stupid merc always override it with his own motw =.=