Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Newbie Friendly build)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
ensiferumlism wrote:
Lemming wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:
Cronk wrote:I struggled for quite a while with that.

Switch to bear. You don't have the gear to support wolf. Once I switched to bear I could actually play, and anytime I switch to wolf (or forget to switch to bear after running a ways), I die almost instantly.

If I survive my momentary lapse, I'm back into bear and doing just fine.

I'm not fan of bear stance. I used wolf for almost ubers (except Viziun and Rathma). With Vith runeword in plate belt and Nih on Ancient armor, you'll reach ~250k def, 25DR, and 50-60% ctB. Its good time to farm TA and Torajan jungle. :bounce:


i have all of the mentioned mid game gear. Erawan on a ancient armor (13k armor) and a
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (152-163) to (234-246)
Two-Hand Damage: (208-226) to (288-306)
Required Strength: 480
Required Level: 100
Current Strength Damage Bonus: (76/256 Per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 58 Pentagram on Melee Attack
25% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+250% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 50-125 damage
Adds 167-334 fire damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
17% Reanimate as: Flesh Clan
+333 Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)

but i am far away from 250k def. Do you have skilled Runemaster?

Nope, i'm using TU6 gild shield, MO with TCD and ED. I think you miss some mid-game charm. Alot of of them can take easier with barb. Ureh is easiest with our, duncraig can take some dies :D, use ancient hand with xazax :lol: , gear check with Qouv Tsin. I think with that charms, i'' reach >250k def.


i also use the TU6 gilded shield but you are right i dont have these charms but they only give us +skill. i dont understand where i can get so much more armor?
ensiferumlism
Cultist
22 | 0
Lemming wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:
Lemming wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:
Cronk wrote:I struggled for quite a while with that.

Switch to bear. You don't have the gear to support wolf. Once I switched to bear I could actually play, and anytime I switch to wolf (or forget to switch to bear after running a ways), I die almost instantly.

If I survive my momentary lapse, I'm back into bear and doing just fine.

I'm not fan of bear stance. I used wolf for almost ubers (except Viziun and Rathma). With Vith runeword in plate belt and Nih on Ancient armor, you'll reach ~250k def, 25DR, and 50-60% ctB. Its good time to farm TA and Torajan jungle. :bounce:


i have all of the mentioned mid game gear. Erawan on a ancient armor (13k armor) and a
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (152-163) to (234-246)
Two-Hand Damage: (208-226) to (288-306)
Required Strength: 480
Required Level: 100
Current Strength Damage Bonus: (76/256 Per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 58 Pentagram on Melee Attack
25% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+250% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 50-125 damage
Adds 167-334 fire damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
17% Reanimate as: Flesh Clan
+333 Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)

but i am far away from 250k def. Do you have skilled Runemaster?

Nope, i'm using TU6 gild shield, MO with TCD and ED. I think you miss some mid-game charm. Alot of of them can take easier with barb. Ureh is easiest with our, duncraig can take some dies :D, use ancient hand with xazax :lol: , gear check with Qouv Tsin. I think with that charms, i'' reach >250k def.


i also use the TU6 gilded shield but you are right i dont have these charms but they only give us +skill. i dont understand where i can get so much more armor?

You said only have 90k def, its unacceptable with barb. My skill point is : 1 point for all sword skills, 10pt wolf companion, max spirit guide. SG increase you def with soft skill point, so with +skill charms you'll get more def. However, block is better.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
ensiferumlism wrote:
Lemming wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:
Lemming wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:
Cronk wrote:I struggled for quite a while with that.

Switch to bear. You don't have the gear to support wolf. Once I switched to bear I could actually play, and anytime I switch to wolf (or forget to switch to bear after running a ways), I die almost instantly.

If I survive my momentary lapse, I'm back into bear and doing just fine.

I'm not fan of bear stance. I used wolf for almost ubers (except Viziun and Rathma). With Vith runeword in plate belt and Nih on Ancient armor, you'll reach ~250k def, 25DR, and 50-60% ctB. Its good time to farm TA and Torajan jungle. :bounce:


i have all of the mentioned mid game gear. Erawan on a ancient armor (13k armor) and a
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (152-163) to (234-246)
Two-Hand Damage: (208-226) to (288-306)
Required Strength: 480
Required Level: 100
Current Strength Damage Bonus: (76/256 Per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 58 Pentagram on Melee Attack
25% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+250% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 50-125 damage
Adds 167-334 fire damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
17% Reanimate as: Flesh Clan
+333 Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)

but i am far away from 250k def. Do you have skilled Runemaster?

Nope, i'm using TU6 gild shield, MO with TCD and ED. I think you miss some mid-game charm. Alot of of them can take easier with barb. Ureh is easiest with our, duncraig can take some dies :D, use ancient hand with xazax :lol: , gear check with Qouv Tsin. I think with that charms, i'' reach >250k def.


i also use the TU6 gilded shield but you are right i dont have these charms but they only give us +skill. i dont understand where i can get so much more armor?

You said only have 90k def, its unacceptable with barb. My skill point is : 1 point for all sword skills, 10pt wolf companion, max spirit guide. SG increase you def with soft skill point, so with +skill charms you'll get more def. However, block is better.


ok thx.
I followed the endgame skillplan on the first page. So i have 10 points in spirit guide. I will try to get the charms and i will max spirit guide.
User avatar
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6446 | 213
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
quote chains pls. you can edit quotes when you click on it to delete prior comments.

you should be using bear stance with runemaster for early charms until you're slightly more geared, then swap to wolf and runemaster when you get the DR you need to be comfortable, then once you pick up at least half charms and ~250 sigs, you can switch to gladiator's dominance and an abandoned craft or two and hit max block.
Lemming
Prowler
16 | 1
sorry but i thought it is easier to follow the conversation even for others.

thx, i will try wolf with runemaster and also maxed spirit guide. i have a few belladonnas.
but i think the best way is like you say. Wolf with runemaster and points in vita. Than i will try to get a few more charms and more sigs.
Have around 50 sigs atm.
Fastazon
Skeleton
3 | 1
So, this early game build has gear with essentially no resists and doesn't gem for them. Does it survive ok without much resists?
User avatar
Xenomorphous
Rust Claw
85 | 2
Fastazon wrote:So, this early game build has gear with essentially no resists and doesn't gem for them. Does it survive ok without much resists?


Can always socket gems for resists or if you have money/want to farm for some you can MO your Rings/Amulet with any resists you need.

Like Tkorpi said, You can customize it to your current needs, especially for early game.
Uhrinowitz
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, I'm new to this barb and I'd have some questions (sorry if they got covered already but it might be useful to supplement the guide with this information):

1. Does Iron Spiral work similar to Tantrum? Or is it a single target spell?
2. Do the projectiles of Iron Spiral hit multiple times or just once per hit?
3. Do elemental damage, crushing blow, deadly strike, etc on-hit effects. apply to the projectiles of Iron Spiral?

These might sound VERY noobie but:
4. What is the perfect spell rotation for this build?
(at the moment, I'm using Bear Stance and switching between my passive (nice buff of health regen and some dmg for a short time) and Iron Spiral, while I pre-buff with Thunder Lord and Shamanic Trance [this one seems quite useless, though] and of course I have my two Wolf Companions and the Spirit Guide for nice damage buff).
5. I'm wonedering about using Protector Spirit for Bloodlust, is that useful?
6. Anyway, how and when does my barb cast Bloodlust? I just don't seem to get this one.

I've finished with my mid-game build and I am now farming towards my end-game build but kill speed seems a bit slow.

Any help that is not troll or "I'm the super pro guy smartest badass guy of this game" is appreciated. Please consider that I am just a beginner here. Thanks!!!
User avatar
Xenomorphous
Rust Claw
85 | 2
Uhrinowitz wrote:Hi, I'm new to this barb and I'd have some questions (sorry if they got covered already but it might be useful to supplement the guide with this information):

1. Does Iron Spiral work similar to Tantrum? Or is it a single target spell?
2. Do the projectiles of Iron Spiral hit multiple times or just once per hit?
3. Do elemental damage, crushing blow, deadly strike, etc on-hit effects. apply to the projectiles of Iron Spiral?

These might sound VERY noobie but:
4. What is the perfect spell rotation for this build?
(at the moment, I'm using Bear Stance and switching between my passive (nice buff of health regen and some dmg for a short time) and Iron Spiral, while I pre-buff with Thunder Lord and Shamanic Trance [this one seems quite useless, though] and of course I have my two Wolf Companions and the Spirit Guide for nice damage buff).
5. I'm wonedering about using Protector Spirit for Bloodlust, is that useful?
6. Anyway, how and when does my barb cast Bloodlust? I just don't seem to get this one.

I've finished with my mid-game build and I am now farming towards my end-game build but kill speed seems a bit slow.

Any help that is not troll or "I'm the super pro guy smartest badass guy of this game" is appreciated. Please consider that I am just a beginner here. Thanks!!!


1. It's a generous AOE weapon damage ability
2. It does hit multiple times
3. Yes,yes,yes, and yes
4. Simple, Buff up and Iron Spiral crowds while stance dancing between Wolf/Bear or just Bear. Stormblast bosses assuming you have decent crushing blow.
5. Not sure, Probably not worth it considering they would likely die before they used it.
6. Blood-lust is the Amazon's inate skill, but if you meant Mark of the wild, then I believe any shrine crafted Barbarian Axe(Mammen Axe/Hammerhead Axe) can spawn with this as your switch buff weapon
Uhrinowitz
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks!! Yeah I was thinking Mark of the wild. That one was a missing piece of my gear.