Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Snickers
Prowler
18 | 0
I'm really starting to struggle with this build. I'm in destruction and I've completed most of the early challenges and have around 10 charms. My survivability feels really low however. I have maxed resists, about 7k life, 50%+DR, 60% block, 250k defense and am walking, about 50%ls, with some Life on hit. I am basically always using bear stance to survive. Even against Mephy/diablo when I switch to wolf stance my health would immediately plummet. I have everything mo'd to level 120 (nasrudin, zeraes, featherclaw, deadfall, invictu, seal of neph kings, rare ring/ammy, zealots) and am using a sacred kriegsmesser with the ath/skarn runeword. Ultimately, I think my main issue is my weapon damage. The weapon only has like 120-135 listed damage, and my c-screen damage is <2k. I don't understand why it is so low though-- it seems to be better to use the t6 unique kreigmeisser. I'm guessing my survivability is low because I don't have enough pdmg to effectively leech, but I don't really know what to switch to or how to improve my damage substantially. I'm not even close to being able to do duncraig/TA/K3000 in terror difficulty the way your videos show destruction.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Snickers wrote:I'm really starting to struggle with this build. I'm in destruction and I've completed most of the early challenges and have around 10 charms. My survivability feels really low however. I have maxed resists, about 7k life, 50%+DR, 60% block, 250k defense and am walking, about 50%ls, with some Life on hit. I am basically always using bear stance to survive. Even against Mephy/diablo when I switch to wolf stance my health would immediately plummet. I have everything mo'd to level 120 (nasrudin, zeraes, featherclaw, deadfall, invictu, seal of neph kings, rare ring/ammy, zealots) and am using a sacred kriegsmesser with the ath/skarn runeword. Ultimately, I think my main issue is my weapon damage. The weapon only has like 120-135 listed damage, and my c-screen damage is <2k. I don't understand why it is so low though-- it seems to be better to use the t6 unique kreigmeisser. I'm guessing my survivability is low because I don't have enough pdmg to effectively leech, but I don't really know what to switch to or how to improve my damage substantially. I'm not even close to being able to do duncraig/TA/K3000 in terror difficulty the way your videos show destruction.

try to get better weapon. not only barbarian weapons are good. you can use 2h melee weapon in 1h as barbarian so you could use that. make some good damaged runeword for it. or you could even try T6 (
The Dao of Xiansai
The Dao of Xiansai
Great Sword (4)

One-Hand Damage: (10 - 12) to (27 - 39)
Two-Hand Damage: (17 - 20) to (33 - 46)
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 105
Item Level: 29
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+1 to All Skills
15% Attack Speed
15% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 25) to Maximum Damage
(51 to 75)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(18 to 35)% Enhanced Damage
+(101 to 150) Defense
+1% to Experience Gained
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: (28 - 32) to (65 - 78)
Two-Hand Damage: (50 - 55) to (84 - 99)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 151
Item Level: 40
+2 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
25% Hit Recovery
+(31 to 40) to Maximum Damage
(101 to 125)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(52 to 69)% Enhanced Damage
+(201 to 250) Defense
+2% to Experience Gained
Socketed (4)
One-Hand Damage: (59 - 64) to (123 - 149)
Two-Hand Damage: (114 - 123) to (172 - 201)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 291
Item Level: 67
+3 to All Skills
35% Attack Speed
35% Hit Recovery
+(51 to 70) to Maximum Damage
(151 to 175)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(87 to 103)% Enhanced Damage
+(301 to 350) Defense
+2% to Experience Gained
Socketed (5)
One-Hand Damage: (77 - 83) to (166 - 193)
Two-Hand Damage: (148 - 160) to (228 - 259)
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 570
Item Level: 85
+4 to All Skills
40% Attack Speed
40% Hit Recovery
+(71 to 90) to Maximum Damage
(176 to 200)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(104 to 120)% Enhanced Damage
+(351 to 400) Defense
+3% to Experience Gained
Socketed (6)
to get the job done.

also even when you have perfect end game gear you sometimes need to switch to bear stance for survaivability in some places. you cant just faceroll everything :)
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mo's: Fhr, Defense, Deadly strike.

Any preference towards ED or TCD? Also, is Deadly Strike > Crushing Blow?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Roenan wrote:
Mo's: Fhr, Defense, Deadly strike.

Any preference towards ED or TCD? Also, is Deadly Strike > Crushing Blow?

i prefer more CB than deadly strike but some with Carsomyr / other good physical damage weapon the deadly strike comes more efficient.

ED or TCD only if you need it. i rly just rely on bear stance more. :)
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
The deadly strike versus crushing blow debate isn't particularly simple, because of how crushing blow works. Crushing blow removes a set percentage of life based on the hit target's current life. Because iron spiral (like practically all of the barb's melee skills) is missile based those percentages are 12.5 for normal monsters and 6.25 for everything else. Except of course the monster you actually swing on which gets the melee direct hit numbers of 25 and 12.5. Plus the monster takes whatever damage your weapon actually does. Because this is all based on the monster's current life you fairly quickly reach a point where deadly strike out performs crushing blow (since it is going to do the same damage regardless of the monster's current life).
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I've basically bailed on wolf stance for now due to low def. I'm going to try for a bunch of 2%LL/dex/defense jewels as I continue the char, but 99% of the time I'm in wolf only for mobility. Bear I'm around 250k, wolf <50k. I have no intent on grinding to 121 for the good xis runeword shield that boosts motw, so for now I have a 22/24 motw combo on switch that gets me up to about 6500 spiral dmg with about 34% block (51 sigs eaten). Just trying to sort out my MO's as it's the easiest thing to max out the current equipment.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Roenan wrote:I've basically bailed on wolf stance for now due to low def. I'm going to try for a bunch of 2%LL/dex/defense jewels as I continue the char, but 99% of the time I'm in wolf only for mobility. Bear I'm around 250k, wolf <50k. I have no intent on grinding to 121 for the good xis runeword shield that boosts motw, so for now I have a 22/24 motw combo on switch that gets me up to about 6500 spiral dmg with about 34% block (51 sigs eaten). Just trying to sort out my MO's as it's the easiest thing to max out the current equipment.

yep. also you should be using bear stance before you hit max block.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Roenan wrote:I've basically bailed on wolf stance for now due to low def. I'm going to try for a bunch of 2%LL/dex/defense jewels as I continue the char, but 99% of the time I'm in wolf only for mobility. Bear I'm around 250k, wolf <50k. I have no intent on grinding to 121 for the good xis runeword shield that boosts motw, so for now I have a 22/24 motw combo on switch that gets me up to about 6500 spiral dmg with about 34% block (51 sigs eaten). Just trying to sort out my MO's as it's the easiest thing to max out the current equipment.

You don't need a Xis runeword to boost mark of the wild. Just put an Ohm rune in a tier 1 axe and boom. Large MotW boost.
busting123
Destroyer
7 | 0
where to get sword xiansai? im a newbie here
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
busting123 wrote:where to get sword xiansai? im a newbie here

tristram box that you get from griswold or then you can make xiansai by finding normal quality great sword and using 2 x arcane crystals + oil of enchatment on horadric Cube