Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not needed. His damage is decent enough so you don't actually need it :-D. Other than that you can always change to wolf stance for crushing blow so you'll get even higher kill speed.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
romanN1 wrote:Not needed. His damage is decent enough so you don't actually need it :-D. Other than that you can always change to wolf stance for crushing blow so you'll get even higher kill speed.

good to know you like it :)
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ventrell wrote:Hi Tkorpi, I´m following this guide and I have to say that is a very fun build. My very first character in my history with Diablo II was a Barbarian, so playing in Median is awesome. I have a question: You say that the skill build is modifiable, so what I want to know is...how so? Is there variants Offensive, Defensive, Summoner? Thnaks for the guide! :mrgreen: (and sorry for the bad english) :oops:

Yeah you can build around bear stance to be more defensive. you can also build dual wielding barbarian or one with a shield. so the character itself is pretty modifiable. You can also go full summoner but my guide is not based on that part :)
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tkorpi wrote:
romanN1 wrote:Not needed. His damage is decent enough so you don't actually need it :-D. Other than that you can always change to wolf stance for crushing blow so you'll get even higher kill speed.

good to know you like it :)

ScarletEdge made a summoner guide recently.
Kutol
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Im having a hard time getting the end-gear.
I have done some crafting for mf (at 465) and got no problems farming TA on dest. The only thing bothering me is all the clicking :D
Downloaded d2stats for the option to "continue attacking when monster dies under cursor" it works great, but only as the right-hand skill.. and i need my bear-stance! :D
Tried the "hold down shift to attack" but its not very effective....
Anyone got any tips?
The scenario im after is: coffee/beer in lefthand and controll my iron spire barb with mf gear with my righthand without the clicking! (Except 1 click)
Farming mode engage :D
Richardgim
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, so, i just finished terror with little to no problem, can't go into destruction yet tho, where should i farm for runes and items? I'm super noob to this, first time playing median. Did the Challenges, starting blackroad but just killed butcher and did the gold thing, need to be able to survive in destruction to continue. Thanks!
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Richardgim wrote:Hi, so, i just finished terror with little to no problem, can't go into destruction yet tho, where should i farm for runes and items? I'm super noob to this, first time playing median. Did the Challenges, starting blackroad but just killed butcher and did the gold thing, need to be able to survive in destruction to continue. Thanks!

Try Terror Fauztinville / Terror Tran athulua to get some runes + runeword bases so you can make runewords for destruction.
Drannosh
Imp
5 | 0
Hey I'm new to median xl too, I'm following this guide and I have begun to farm TA and K3KBA in terror difficulty. However I'm still very weak ! Even in bear stance I have only 250k armor. Can you suggest items between the ones suggested for mid and end game? I don't want to change any part of my gear until I got the one suggested, because I fear to lose something important ^^".
Thank you for your help !
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Drannosh wrote:Hey I'm new to median xl too, I'm following this guide and I have begun to farm TA and K3KBA in terror difficulty. However I'm still very weak ! Even in bear stance I have only 250k armor. Can you suggest items between the ones suggested for mid and end game? I don't want to change any part of my gear until I got the one suggested, because I fear to lose something important ^^".
Thank you for your help !

250k defense is not too bad, you can do destruction k3k easily with it. What are your items? Also make sure that you're walking, because you lose all defense and 2/3 of your block while running.
Drannosh
Imp
5 | 0
I have all the suggested items for MidGame, except for one ring and the amulet.