Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
Hi! Just wanna know if you can upgrade Klaatu Barada (amulet) with oil of Luck or as others amulets in game do to ingame and hidden mechanics i t can't be upgrade.
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yes you can upgrade it the same way as all other amulets.
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
Mehasto wrote:Yes you can upgrade it the same way as all other amulets.

Thanks for the fast reply!

EDIT: Actually it does not work after 301 attemps. So I assume it has the hidden broken mechanic and can't be upgraded.

Someone can share a youtube link with a legit cubed Klaatu being upgraded with oil of luck?
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Its just RNG...
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You’re in single player then? And trying to upgrade the same amu again and again? The lucky bonus is determined at the time of the item spawning, not at the time of cubing it, so you won’t get anywhere trying multiple times. I don’t have a screenshot but I’ve had upgraded klatus before.
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
Mehasto wrote:You’re in single player then? And trying to upgrade the same amu again and again? The lucky bonus is determined at the time of the item spawning, not at the time of cubing it, so you won’t get anywhere trying multiple times. I don’t have a screenshot but I’ve had upgraded klatus before.

HI man! Yep, I'm on single play. I'm noticing even with a bunch of attempts some amulets do not upgrade. I received this information before from other member "Let me guess, you tried it on the same amulet am I right? The chance is predetermined in that case, every item has its own random seed which is used in some calculations, it's impossible to get oil of luck bonus on that amulet."

So trying to understand what you booth said, items have something similar with "item level" like Path of Exile, so some can't be upgraded at all? Is that it?
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
All items have an indicator for the lucky bonus. It’s either a yes or a no, and it’s decided when the item drops. So if your amu has a ‘no’ at the time of the drop, it doesn’t matter how many times you try the upgrade, it’ll always fail.
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
Mehasto wrote:All items have an indicator for the lucky bonus. It’s either a yes or a no, and it’s decided when the item drops. So if your amu has a ‘no’ at the time of the drop, it doesn’t matter how many times you try the upgrade, it’ll always fail.

Best explanation ever! Thanks for that, Mehasto!
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Tried spiral barb with gladiator set and it just fantastic. Strong procs with phys damage doing great job, using most time wolf stance had enough surviveability. when first time i was using that set my first thought - thats complite shit. In that time i was using runemaster wint bear stance - had about 3500000 defence, but deal no damage. When i respec and use it properly it reveals all good sides. When it were reworked (second sword replaced with shield) i considering it even better then tundra set.
logan2815
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Should I be using runes in all my gear instead of resist gems because of the skill that gives bonus per each rune?? does that work with merc runes also? WHich runes should I be using?? TY!