Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Newbie Friendly build)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
brassmuffler
Thunder Beetle
51 | 1
Seipherwood wrote:Maybe im missing something, but how does this build survive in Normal/Terror? I have the items needed but i end up with 0 resists with em and theres no mention of slotting resist gear anywhere O.O

Also, even with Wolf Stance, im still getting only 1% Block Chance ... so whats the point of a shield that doesnt block?

As per usual MO jewelry with resists / dr
Tkorpi
Void Archon
890 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
brassmuffler wrote:
Seipherwood wrote:Maybe im missing something, but how does this build survive in Normal/Terror? I have the items needed but i end up with 0 resists with em and theres no mention of slotting resist gear anywhere O.O

Also, even with Wolf Stance, im still getting only 1% Block Chance ... so whats the point of a shield that doesnt block?

As per usual MO jewelry with resists / dr

yep. mo gives you res to your jewelry. also dont rely on block before you have charms as you cant get max block witouth them. rely on defense instead. chance uberskills accordingly.
madgod
Azure Drake
168 | 5
Little typo in the early game paragraph under leveling

" below items can carry you to destruction till A5 destruction just upgrade items with Arcane crystals you get."

If they can get you to act 5 destruction, the use of saying destruction twice becomes irrelevant. Just wanted to let you know that was there :) Other than that the build is fun
Tkorpi
Void Archon
890 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
madgod wrote:Little typo in the early game paragraph under leveling

" below items can carry you to destruction till A5 destruction just upgrade items with Arcane crystals you get."

If they can get you to act 5 destruction, the use of saying destruction twice becomes irrelevant. Just wanted to let you know that was there :) Other than that the build is fun

thanks for the notice :) i fix that typo
AutoQQ
Prowler
19 | 0
I am about to try this, as it looks fun and I have not done a melee build.
I am just getting back into D2 and Median XL, What are some things with leveling and gearing that would be helpful for me to look out for?
RequiemLux
Son of Lucion
712 | 92
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
AutoQQ wrote:I am about to try this, as it looks fun and I have not done a melee build.
I am just getting back into D2 and Median XL, What are some things with leveling and gearing that would be helpful for me to look out for?

The guide tells you what equip to use, I'd say you should keep an eye on your character level in order to complete the levels challenges: Level Challenge 1 and Level Challenge 2. Also could help knowing what comes out of the gift boxes depending on what character are you playing: http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Griswold%27s_Treasure
You will find other useful info in the Documentation: https://docs.median-xl.com/ (use the upper and lateral tabs to navigate it)
Marmelad
Imp
5 | 0
Am i supose to max Iron Spiral? or leave it at lvl 1?

Edit, as i see now u gonna leave it at lvl 1, but then my question is about the "Cooldown removed at base lvl 6" cuz now, as i level up, (currently lvl 44), Iron Spiral is at level 4 and the cooldown seems to interrupt the way of playing at this stage, any tips?
Edited by Marmelad 1 week.
Horizon
Fallen
1 | 1
RequiemLux wrote:
AutoQQ wrote:I am about to try this, as it looks fun and I have not done a melee build.

The guide tells you what equip to use, I'd say you should keep an eye on your character level in order to complete the levels challenges: Level Challenge 1 and Level Challenge 2. Also could help knowing what comes out of the gift boxes depending on what character are you playing: http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Griswold%27s_Treasure
You will find other useful info in the Documentation: https://docs.median-xl.com/ (use the upper and lateral tabs to navigate it)

I was about to ask the same question as AutoQQ, thanks for the answer, RequiemLux!
Paladin
Prowler
19 | 0
Marmelad wrote:Am i supose to max Iron Spiral? or leave it at lvl 1?

Edit, as i see now u gonna leave it at lvl 1, but then my question is about the "Cooldown removed at base lvl 6" cuz now, as i level up, (currently lvl 44), Iron Spiral is at level 4 and the cooldown seems to interrupt the way of playing at this stage, any tips?

You have to put 6 points in it, so the cooldown gets removed. After that you don't put more points in it, because it will only increase mana cost and lightning damage which is not really needed in this build.
Now this build is death