Iron Spiral Barbarian Guide (Skill plan & Gearing section updated)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
logan2815
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Should I be using runes in all my gear instead of resist gems because of the skill that gives bonus per each rune?? does that work with merc runes also? WHich runes should I be using?? TY!
vangpride
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I'm trying to figure out how to do more damage. Your guide says to max out Bear stance. Is that my Main stance? I'm level 45 and using mainly Lion(Or wolf can't recall.) stance for the good buffs. I'm struggling to try and find the right gear. What levels do you mean by Early, Mid and endgame? I know end game is 120 etc. Mid must be around 80? Right now i can kinda somewhat farm Chaos Sanctuary but Diablo murders me...I'm trying really hard to find a Invictis with no luck because that shield looks like a staple on this build!. Could i possibly find a white base of it then turn it into a Legendary thus making me one?
Been slowly trying to farm chaos. i found me a Fal rune so i'm def making that Runeword helm you have on your guide too. I'm using a T3 BK Sword.

Edit: This is on Hatred mode. Not Destruction nor Terror. Also what's all the abbreviations? Like MOs etc. I'm new to all this.
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
979 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
vangpride wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to do more damage. Your guide says to max out Bear stance. Is that my Main stance? I'm level 45 and using mainly Lion(Or wolf can't recall.) stance for the good buffs. I'm struggling to try and find the right gear. What levels do you mean by Early, Mid and endgame? I know end game is 120 etc. Mid must be around 80? Right now i can kinda somewhat farm Chaos Sanctuary but Diablo murders me...I'm trying really hard to find a Invictis with no luck because that shield looks like a staple on this build!. Could i possibly find a white base of it then turn it into a Legendary thus making me one?
Been slowly trying to farm chaos. i found me a Fal rune so i'm def making that Runeword helm you have on your guide too. I'm using a T3 BK Sword.

Edit: This is on Hatred mode. Not Destruction nor Terror. Also what's all the abbreviations? Like MOs etc. I'm new to all this.



please read this: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

that clarifies very many things for you :)
User avatar
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
vangpride wrote:...


Hi man! I'm actually playing Stormblast/Iron Spiral Barbarian and did most Ubers.

Answering your questions:

Stances - Bear Stance I use on Uber Areas in general regardless of level. The Physical Damage Reduction and the buff on Defense are needed to mitigate/avoid damage. With that in mind you can safely use Wolf Stance most of the time and change to Bear Stance for dangerous areas/enemies.

About the right gear - For Tiered Uniques (T1-6) you have two ways to get. First and early on method is to farm Griswold's Gift on Hatred Tristam (Stony Field). You can actually farm it fast. Cube the Gift with Oil of Craft and you will get 3 Tiered Uniques (mostly T1-2). Thunderdome, Invictus and most others can be got. After you got the item, you will need to use the Cube's recipe to upgrade the tier of it [Tiered Unique + Arcane Crystal + any rune]. Remember, crystals are made "cubing" 5 arcane shards (you can get them fast early on by killing Andariel -> save and quit / repeat). Second method you will need to get the right base item and cube it with 2 Arcane Crystals + Oil of Enhancement. It will upgrade to it's base Tiered Unique form. So, for Invictus Shield you will need a Gilded Shield to upgrade it to Invictus. About Sacred items they only drop on Destruction Difficulty and have more chance to drop on Tran Athulua and Duncraig Uber Areas (they also can't be crafted).

Gameplay Levels - This is subjective and may vary from player to player. For me, midgame is on Destruction Difficulty after some Easy and Moderate Ubers and Endgame I consider the hard, very hard and impossible Uber areas.

MO - Mystical Orbs. The traders that sells special Oils also sells MO. MO are a nice way to "complete your character and achieve breaking points needed for the build to run" (like FHR).

A thing you have to pay attention is on the Challenges. 3 of them have a level cap. https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/levelchallenge1

Take Median XL slow. Learn the steps slowly and consider Runes and Stones on gear to maximize damage / resistances / stats. On early game they really make difference. Also an well equipped hired Barbarian (act 5 Hatred) can destroy almost all content with easy (including some Uber Areas).
sebneo
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi

For runeword and craft weapon What is the best base item ?
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
979 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
sebneo wrote:Hi

For runeword and craft weapon What is the best base item ?


Great Sword or Kriegsmesser :)
sebneo
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi

Do you think build is viable with runeword made with T6 items ? i farm kurast 3000 and D cows (as followers) but impossible to loot Armor/weapons in sacred ...
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
979 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
sebneo wrote:Hi

Do you think build is viable with runeword made with T6 items ? i farm kurast 3000 and D cows (as followers) but impossible to loot Armor/weapons in sacred ...



well it certainly helps if you can get sacred items. they drop also from terror :)
sebneo
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Still me and my qeustion :P

your write

Mo's: Fhr, Defense, Deadly strike.

But this is not possible on runeword and unique item ? so i don't see which item MO's
User avatar
Tkorpi
Fireblood
979 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
sebneo wrote:Still me and my qeustion :P

your write

Mo's: Fhr, Defense, Deadly strike.

But this is not possible on runeword and unique item ? so i don't see which item MO's


wut? you can Mo any item in game.