The Thornwarden

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
341 | -2
For teganze, you might want to use the teganze pendant ammy (yes it's funny because of the name) to get that mana on kill. I found that without it I somehow have mana problems in teganze, still not sure why when in other places I never have any problems with mana..
JustinPeters
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
Aspirine101 wrote:For teganze, you might want to use the teganze pendant ammy (yes it's funny because of the name) to get that mana on kill. I found that without it I somehow have mana problems in teganze, still not sure why when in other places I never have any problems with mana..


I think it's because LL and ML doesn't work in Teganze?
Correct me if i'm wrong
User avatar
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
341 | -2
JustinPeters wrote:
Aspirine101 wrote:For teganze, you might want to use the teganze pendant ammy (yes it's funny because of the name) to get that mana on kill. I found that without it I somehow have mana problems in teganze, still not sure why when in other places I never have any problems with mana..


I think it's because LL and ML doesn't work in Teganze?
Correct me if i'm wrong

Hm, might be yes. EIther way the mana on kill from teganze pendant works and solves the problem
Jahithber
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Has anyone experimented with gear that has -defense per hit? I was using Lavasurge before I got Nimmen and killing before was significantly easier. I don't necessarily want to go back to that axe because debuff kinda sucks but was iso another piece with that mod that might fit in well.
User avatar
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1615 | 167
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
80%+ of mobs in the game should be dying with one thorn strike. Do you have low attack rating or low damage in general? The 100% bloodstar on Lavasurge would proc constantly with Thorn Strike so maybe thats making a difference? What other gear are you using, how much attack rating do you have, skill plan, stat allocation, current charms etc? Where do you typically farm? I highly doubt that -def/hit is making a difference vs enemies.
Jahithber
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Fumbles wrote:80%+ of mobs in the game should be dying with one thorn strike. Do you have low attack rating or low damage in general? The 100% bloodstar on Lavasurge would proc constantly with Thorn Strike so maybe thats making a difference? What other gear are you using, how much attack rating do you have, skill plan, stat allocation, current charms etc? Where do you typically farm? I highly doubt that -def/hit is making a difference vs enemies.

I do have a pretty low ar but not sure what I am missing. I have almost every piece of end game gear recommended in the guide as well as skill allocation. I did switch back to fae farie and have increase surviveability. I have 150k def, all res are 77-79. I most often die to random mobs on my way to Nil. (to be more specific gearwise, I am using, Nimmen, cold hunger, Erawan, Glor-an, Deadfall, Clawfeet, and Flying Saucer.
User avatar
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1615 | 167
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Jahithber wrote:I do have a pretty low ar but not sure what I am missing. I have almost every piece of end game gear recommended in the guide as well as skill allocation. I did switch back to fae farie and have increase surviveability. I have 150k def, all res are 77-79. I most often die to random mobs on my way to Nil. (to be more specific gearwise, I am using, Nimmen, cold hunger, Erawan, Glor-an, Deadfall, Clawfeet, and Flying Saucer.



The guide is from two patches ago and hasn't been updated to reflect the more recent changes. Check the previous page for the my post regarding skill plan adjustment and rings. If you aren't getting avoid through symbiosis, you should be. Consider switching back to FoN as it is a decent portion of end game damage. Upgrade to
Ahriman
Ahriman
Belts

'Ghal'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
Adds 50-150 fire damage
Adds 50-150 lightning damage
Adds 50-150 cold damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) to all Attributes
All Resists +(31 to 40)%
Requirements +10%
for the added ele damage/skill and extra defense (6k+ in a sacred plated belt) asap. Coldhunger is a good helm but for now you should be using
Natha
Natha
Druid Helms

'Lo'
Runeword Level: 59
10% Chance to cast level 2 Arrow on Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(58 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 10%
in a sacred spirit mask(~3.5k def). It has too many useful stats and available orb space to not use it. Keep Coldhunger for Fauzt though.

I'm not aware of your charm situation but if you have 79 max res are you missing
Azmodan's Heart
Azmodan's Heart
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 100
+5% to All Maximum Resistances
All Resists +(31 to 40)%
Reduces all Vendor Prices 5%

? Craft some jewels with attack rating and speeds for break points if necessary and slowly replace them with similar ones with magic find. If you're using -req jewels in Flying Saucer you can dump them for better ones as the base dex you add to equip the shield will improve your attack rating anyway. + to druid/all skills are pretty important for defense via lifeshield and improved life after each kill from Circle of Life so see if you're missing any charms that have those stats and farm/trade for them. I'm using all the gear you mentioned except I have ghal belt/Natha and I'm sitting at 312k defense, 17.2k life. I have a total of 29 charms atm.

If you can make most of these changes you should see a noticeable improvement to kill speed and survivability.

About farming Nihlathak, it can be rippy with low defense and theres some enemies that cast debuff spells. Its much easier if you know which enemies do what so you can play more defensively when cursed.
User avatar
ryunp
Lava Lord
94 | 47
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Jahithber wrote:I most often die to random mobs on my way to Nil. (to be more specific gearwise, I am using, Nimmen, cold hunger, Erawan, Glor-an, Deadfall, Clawfeet, and Flying Saucer.


Fumbles wrote:About farming Nihlathak, it can be rippy with low defense and theres some enemies that cast debuff spells. Its much easier if you know which enemies do what so you can play more defensively when cursed.


Yeah, Nithalak runs can rough when first starting out. Spend some time dying to specific monster types and get a feel for their attack type, damage strength, and weaknesses.

Steel Crushers travel in medium-large packs and melee hit really hard.
Unseelie Ladies travel in small packs, debuff and melee hit hard.
Storm Shamans spawn totems by consuming corpses, which can deliver high physical missile burst damage.
Shock Monkeys travel in small packs, hit hard in melee, and spawn high lightning spell damage walls. Walls stack fast and can really hurt.

Paying attention to the monster type ahead helps avoid getting surprise-KOd by a specific attack. On my fresh 120 HC sorc without any charms, I run Terror/Dest Nithalak with caution but manage to pull it off!
Edited by ryunp 5 months.
Jahithber
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Fumbles wrote:
Jahithber wrote:I do have a pretty low ar but not sure what I am missing. I have almost every piece of end game gear recommended in the guide as well as skill allocation. I did switch back to fae farie and have increase surviveability. I have 150k def, all res are 77-79. I most often die to random mobs on my way to Nil. (to be more specific gearwise, I am using, Nimmen, cold hunger, Erawan, Glor-an, Deadfall, Clawfeet, and Flying Saucer.



The guide is from two patches ago and hasn't been updated to reflect the more recent changes. Check the previous page for the my post regarding skill plan adjustment and rings. If you aren't getting avoid through symbiosis, you should be. Consider switching back to FoN as it is a decent portion of end game damage. Upgrade to
Ahriman
Ahriman
Belts

'Ghal'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
Adds 50-150 fire damage
Adds 50-150 lightning damage
Adds 50-150 cold damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) to all Attributes
All Resists +(31 to 40)%
Requirements +10%
for the added ele damage/skill and extra defense (6k+ in a sacred plated belt) asap. Coldhunger is a good helm but for now you should be using
Natha
Natha
Druid Helms

'Lo'
Runeword Level: 59
10% Chance to cast level 2 Arrow on Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(58 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 10%
in a sacred spirit mask(~3.5k def). It has too many useful stats and available orb space to not use it. Keep Coldhunger for Fauzt though.

I'm not aware of your charm situation but if you have 79 max res are you missing
Azmodan's Heart
Azmodan's Heart
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 100
+5% to All Maximum Resistances
All Resists +(31 to 40)%
Reduces all Vendor Prices 5%

? Craft some jewels with attack rating and speeds for break points if necessary and slowly replace them with similar ones with magic find. If you're using -req jewels in Flying Saucer you can dump them for better ones as the base dex you add to equip the shield will improve your attack rating anyway. + to druid/all skills are pretty important for defense via lifeshield and improved life after each kill from Circle of Life so see if you're missing any charms that have those stats and farm/trade for them. I'm using all the gear you mentioned except I have ghal belt/Natha and I'm sitting at 312k defense, 17.2k life. I have a total of 29 charms atm.

If you can make most of these changes you should see a noticeable improvement to kill speed and survivability.

About farming Nihlathak, it can be rippy with low defense and theres some enemies that cast debuff spells. Its much easier if you know which enemies do what so you can play more defensively when cursed.



So I switched back to FoN and Natha helm, but don't have the belt or rune so I decided to try teganze runs to get ghal. This was a miserable failure. I can't break past the initial wave of umbaru spirits. Also I cannot kill any of the tree wardens so I just run past them. I did pick up the azmodan charm I was missing so now my resists are in the 80s and i have ~155k defense with 12k hp. My attack rating is only around 50%ish chance to hit. Is that normal? I have 11 charms, not counting the class charms and I completed all challenges. I don't mind dying a few times but it's almost unplayable and certainly not fun.
User avatar
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1615 | 167
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Jahithber wrote:So I switched back to FoN and Natha helm, but don't have the belt or rune so I decided to try teganze runs to get ghal. This was a miserable failure. I can't break past the initial wave of umbaru spirits. Also I cannot kill any of the tree wardens so I just run past them. I did pick up the azmodan charm I was missing so now my resists are in the 80s and i have ~155k defense with 12k hp. My attack rating is only around 50%ish chance to hit. Is that normal? I have 11 charms, not counting the class charms and I completed all challenges. I don't mind dying a few times but it's almost unplayable and certainly not fun.



Ghal drops in Fauzinville, not Teganze. WIth that few charms you aren't ready for Fauztinville so stick with Deadfall or
Wormtongue
Wormtongue
Light Belt (6)

Defense: (53-58) to (71-78)
Required Strength: 27
Required Level: 3
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds (1 to 2)-(2 to 3) poison damage over 1 seconds
(2 to 4)% Life stolen per Hit
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(11 to 15) to Dexterity
Socketed (1)

Defense: (114-123) to (148-159)
Required Strength: 39
Required Level: 12
(51 to 70)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds (3 to 6)-(6 to 13) poison damage over 2 seconds
(5 to 7)% Life stolen per Hit
+(30 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 20) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)

Defense: (214-231) to (259-279)
Required Strength: 57
Required Level: 21
(71 to 90)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds (10 to 19)-(19 to 38) poison damage over 3 seconds
(8 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 25) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)

Defense: (352-378) to (424-454)
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 29
(91 to 110)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds (25 to 50)-(50 to 100) poison damage over 4 seconds
(11 to 13)% Life stolen per Hit
+(52 to 63)% Enhanced Defense
+(26 to 30) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)

Defense: (544-581) to (649-693)
Required Strength: 119
Required Level: 38
(111 to 130)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds (63 to 125)-(125 to 250) poison damage over 5 seconds
(14 to 16)% Life stolen per Hit
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 35) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)

Defense: (801-851) to (946-1006)
Required Strength: 173
Required Level: 46
(131 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds (151 to 300)-(301 to 600) poison damage over 6 seconds
(17 to 19)% Life stolen per Hit
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 40) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)

for some additional dex/ar. The less than enjoyable experience you're having is a result of not having enough charms to support your (mostly) endgame gear. Some of those gear pieces can require 600+ strength which isn't a problem with charms but without them, you aren't getting flat/% dex, which significantly improve your attack rating. The 50% chance to hit you mentioned is relative to the mobs you're currently hitting so I don't how much you have exactly. Try to aim for 20k though, that should improve your chance to hit enough that your killspeed allows you to stay healed through Circle of Life. Some -req jewels in your highest str req gear will save some extra to put into dex. Jewels can also roll up to 50% ar and even flat/% dex. Perfect amethyst in weapon are worth 50% too.

Focus on attack rating and check the guide for some more of the easy/mid charms to further improve your survivability.