The Thornwarden

Karsa
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey all.

Quick question. Wondering about the changes to goodberry > symbiosis. I just started this build the other day as my first toon on SW. Is this still useful? Not really sure what's changed and if it's still worth taking.

Also, am I right in thinking thorn strike is a 1 point wonder? Doesn't really say anywhere that I can see In the main guide, but the skill itself doesn't seem to add much
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Goodberry and Lifeshield were combined. You can get up to 20% avoid with Symbiosis + Elvensong, it takes 30pts but thats what I've been doing instead of dumping points into Idol of Scosglen. Thorn Strike is just 1 pt unless you wanna stack damage for bosses (like Astrogha).
Karsa
Skeleton
2 | 0
Fumbles wrote:Goodberry and Lifeshield were combined. You can get up to 20% avoid with Symbiosis + Elvensong, it takes 30pts but thats what I've been doing instead of dumping points into Idol of Scosglen. Thorn Strike is just 1 pt unless you wanna stack damage for bosses (like Astrogha).

Perfect, just to clarify, elven song summons elves and charms monsters right? Or are we using it for its passive bonus?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Its for the avoid synergy through Symbiosis. Make sure you have 4 points in Symbiosis for 100% effectiveness.
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Is there any other option for Gloves besides Icarus towards late/end game? I don't see their usefulness besides the run/walk speed (and I already have flying saucer), but Glor-An-Fhaidha's Firebark hasn't dropped nor have I seen it on anyone's trade list. Any thoughts?

Also... I was running out of Mana (~4000) in Teganze earlier today. Could this be due to low attack rating ~10,000??

Thanks as always -
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Switch to
Featherclaw
for more attack rating. Having it that low will require more attacking (higher mana depletion), so try to get as much as you can. I know mana is an issue in Teganze and the Treewarden isn't great for farming there. Swapping jewelry for rares with orbed mana regeneration will help some. Switching to wolf would make farming faster and most of the gear for tree works fine on wolf. Also, make sure you only have Thorn Strike at 1 point to keep the skill cost as low as possible.
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Yeah after I respec'd I am up to 16-17K attack rating which has made a huge difference but I think I might just make a couple special rings for mana regen. And yeah I only have 1 pt in Thorn Strike, followed the guide's page 1 pretty much as explicitly as possible although I am still not so convinced on those Icarus gloves but perhaps I will give them a whirl because why not..

Would the Icarus Gloves be a better option than Baron Sludge's Bonecrusher? 8% dmg reduc, -50% target def, and Target Takes additional 755 dmg
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Icarus was a solution (frw) to surviving terror Fauztinville for the Black Road Challenge and I kept them because they had 2.4k defense in the glove slot (t6 gauntlets) which was nice given the low strength requirement. At that point in the game, there aren't a ton of spare points to invest in dexterity to equip a high tier shield so the defense is welcomed.
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
is another good option with the +2 skills, proc, max fire res and orb space so maybe give those a try. My goal was to keep the build cheap through mid-game so I avoided adding sus to that part of the guide. I haven't used Bonecrushers specifically with the build, but most of the stats are useful. If I already had Flying Saucer, I'd use Bonecrushers over Icarus.
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
I really appreciate the replies - all of what you said makes sense
oski89
Rust Claw
80 | 2
Scales of the Serpent
Scales of the Serpent
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7481 - 8308) to (9074 - 10078)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 105
15% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 12 Time Strike on Striking
(31 to 40)% Hit Recovery
+90% Damage to Undead
Adds 200-300 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(25 to 30)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense