The Thornwarden

rndtt
Fallen
1 | 0
Could someone tell me - can i stick this guide in this patch ? or druids had significant changes in 1.2 or 1.3. Thank you in advance
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Some of the uber section isn't up to date. As for gear, Nimmenjuushin is better than any craft cause Lifeshield is now a passive and the axe can roll +8 druid skills. Empyrean Bands can now be used instead of Assur's Bane. Some defense/life is lost when switching to empys but flat dr, mf and flat defense can be orbed. The defense/life loss can be negated if a guy uses two lotteried empys. The buff staff on switch is no longer necessary. Elfin Weapons should stay at one pt and leftovers should go in Elvensong. With the new uber, there aren't enough pts after capping avoid through symbiosis to reach the minimum cooldown on Idol of Scosglen so depending on play style a guy can either go for additional avoid or more uptime of Idol.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
May be a good idea use Pagan rites instead to max cicrcle of life? Even at lvl 1 is a good skill. That would sabe more skill points for other skills like Simbiosis
mistercd3
Cultist
20 | 0
one question is does
Aegipan
work good with Idol of scoglens skill?
Unsatisfied
Invader
9 | 0
Any tips for kabraxis? I feel like im doing almost no damage at all to him, even though i melt other ubers.. not sure whats going on with him
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
MUS01 wrote:May be a good idea use Pagan rites instead to max cicrcle of life? Even at lvl 1 is a good skill. That would sabe more skill points for other skills like Simbiosis

If it works then go for it. The nice thing about CoL is the laek is high in end game making harder areas more manageable provided that kill speed is sufficient. It somewhat makes up for the low defense the build has and doesn't require casting anything.

mistercd3 wrote:one question is does
Aegipan

I haven't tried it with this build but I don't think theres an issue with cooldown. I doubt any of the skills can match the kill speed of Thorn Strike for general farming though.

Unsatisfied wrote:Any tips for kabraxis? I feel like im doing almost no damage at all to him, even though i melt other ubers.. not sure whats going on with him

I experienced the same issue and gave up after just a few deaths cause I'm slowly farming xp atm. I have everything for end game besides Khazra. The patch notes mention something about Kabraxis previously causing self-harm so maybe thats part of it, idk. I haven't had as much time to play this ladder but previously Kab was too easy. Don't forget that he does heal on kill (don't use summons) and banish can do weird things to his life bar.

I don't have any great suggestions atm but nimmen probably isn't the best weapon to use. It may be worth trying
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
for the extra cold dmg/pierce and the 25% max life should save a few deaths. If I get some time to kill him I'll post here and update the kab section.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:
mistercd3 wrote:one question is does
Aegipan

I haven't tried it with this build but I don't think theres an issue with cooldown. I doubt any of the skills can match the kill speed of Thorn Strike for general farming though.

Isn't Thorn Field a much larger range Thorn Strike or do they not have the same hit mechanics? (ND, number of hits, etc)

Fumbles wrote:
Unsatisfied wrote:Any tips for kabraxis? I feel like im doing almost no damage at all to him, even though i melt other ubers.. not sure whats going on with him

The patch notes mention something about Kabraxis previously causing self-harm so maybe thats part of it, idk.

When he used Balefire, balefire has a natural life degeneration, but his specific skill was changed to avoid that abuse. Also, he is CB immune now.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
thorn field from aegipan is just a much worse version of thorn strike.
mistercd3
Cultist
20 | 0
Thorn Field only have 25% weapon damage so it's no use, it's like a shitty version of Thorn Strike.

Ravage skill boost FHR FBR and velocity so i want to ask does it stack with velocity from idol of scoglen ? Any suggestion on farming teganze with thornwarden ?
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
Just Thornstrike everything in Teganze? Circle of Life will keep your hp up all the time, unless you get hit by 20 balls at once :bounce: