The Thornwarden

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
thedarkbobo
Cultist
22 | 0
Aero wrote:
thedarkbobo wrote:Another question for late gamers - would you use Great Axe? Highest dmg base possible.
Also I am thinking of doing some Xis rw's - anyone running with Rebel or Dawn?

highest damage doesn't always get priority if it's too slow to hit your breakpoints. I think Giant Axe is the highest damage anyways for 2h axes (non-barb)?

Yes Giant my mistake, how would I calculate that in tree form? I am using such at the moment and it seems fast.

This is example of a bad crafting :D As noted:
not luckied
proc won't proc with thorns

However I just did not roll anything better with on striking/on kill procs yet.
Edited by thedarkbobo 1 week.
Ruubel
Cultist
21 | 1
you forgot luck portion ( 20% chance +20% ED and/or 100%AR ) for your weapon
Aero
Talic
6696 | 234
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Im not sure why you settled for an on-attack proc and MO'd life on attack if you're doing thorn strike, since it's not a melee attack. it's a ranged missile weapon attack basically. unless you're doing wildfire?

if you're doing wildfire, I've got no idea why you went for max physical damage since it's a fire spell
tranvanhieu
Rust Claw
87 | -2
Aero wrote:Im not sure why you settled for an on-attack proc and MO'd life on attack if you're doing thorn strike, since it's not a melee attack. it's a ranged missile weapon attack basically. unless you're doing wildfire?

if you're doing wildfire, I've got no idea why you went for max physical damage since it's a fire spell

First time I played TReewarden, I also thought it can proc "on attack" spell :)
thedarkbobo
Cultist
22 | 0
Well, crafted 1 day so far and out of 3 giant axes only on attack proc rolled with high ed/max dmg at the same time so that's the only reason - I'd rather see something else - still crafting ;)
(Life on attack was crafted not mo'ed - I mo'ed ed, max dmg and 1% ds just out of the blue)

I've done Rebel in eth gothic plate, it added some damage, makes nimmen+flying saucer nicer to use. (but hey, I still have to eat 200-300 sigs)
Now I am thinking one could go for Dawn(100% bonus to all attributes) in war axe and craft 2% block 5-10% DR dex/str shield and have around 30-40% block without much effort (I am at 20% without putting many points in dex - maybe 100). 50% would require dex crafts I guess, but would bring us at least on par with Melee sorc in terms of defs.
Or Shark in Giant Axe for physical damage, but not sure it's worth compared to a craft.

From my current tree point of view Epicenter boots could be good - max life +31-40%(this would get me to around 20k), though I would loose around 300 str as I use Steppe Sleeper set boots 38% Str bonus.
toxxavior
Prowler
15 | 0
iamq1803 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:ANy other tips on how to keep my merc alive are welcome too :) Maybe some teleport on struck items? I've heard they can keep a merc alive too.

Yes, they can keep merc surviving. Get him a
Trollface
Trollface
Bone Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (1529-1800) to (1657-1951)
Required Strength: 563
Required Level: 100
50% Chance to cast level 1 Teleport when Struck
50% Chance to cast level 1 Teleport on Melee Attack
(4 to 7)% Mana stolen per Hit
(4 to 7)% Life stolen per Hit
+(58 to 86)% Enhanced Defense