Ancients' Hand Daggermancer - In Progress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Gekko64
Astral Guardian
1940 | 100
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ithxis would probably be better than both, shaad boots are for melee caster since the dmg is based on your mana
User avatar
Aero
Madawc
6839 | 228
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Comicbook wrote:This is a really nice guide. Been playing it for a while. Done all ubers except void, lazarus (haven`t even attempted these yet), zorun tzin and startled witch. With some high end items currently I have 1+ mil defense, 27 dr, 90 all rez, 5k~ dex and 250~ mf. Here is my weapon for example (wasn`t lucky with lottery bonus): https://prnt.sc/i5hy5s

Also I use Auhe armor and auhe belt. My main concern now is getting decent boots (still using those t6 unique chain boots). I can`t decide whether shaad boots or chamxis (Craton) would be better for this build...


Looks like you have a decent setup. I'd recommend hunting for
Auriel's Robe
Auriel's Robe
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6892-7633) to (8237-9126)
Required Strength: 602
Required Level: 100
Indestructible
10% Chance to cast level 3 Blink when Struck
30% Increased Attack Speed
+(6 to 10) to Wolf Stance
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense
+500 Defense vs. Missile
Damage Reduced by 10%
Increase Maximum Durability (50 to 88)%
Socketed (6)

or grabbing
Geleb's Greed
Geleb's Greed
Curse of the Zakarum Set
Light Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1608 to 1830)
Required Strength: 544
Required Level: 100
1% Chance to cast level 37 Fire Fountain when you Take Damage
+1 to All Skills
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(23 to 31) to Pyroblast
+200% Enhanced Defense
+5 Fire Absorb
Damage Reduced by 10%
Socketed (4)
and
Maffer's Frenzy
Maffer's Frenzy
Curse of the Zakarum Set
Light Plated Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (784 to 868)
Required Strength: 561
Required Level: 100
2% Chance to cast level 13 Psionic Scream on Kill
+1 to All Skills
25% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 3-5 damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
+18 to Wolf Companion
All Resists +(20 to 30)%
+20 Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)
.

Wolf Stance will help a lot for this build for speed and crushing blow. Gheleb's gloves give 10 dr and fire pierce, and combined with the other phys dmg stats on the boots, you'll get Wolf Stance from 2 pieces of that set.
Comicbook
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Thanks, will try to keep an eye on those items. Will wolf stance attack speed bonus be useful if I already have max breakpoint ias (according to speed calculator)?
User avatar
Aero
Madawc
6839 | 228
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Comicbook wrote:Thanks, will try to keep an eye on those items. Will wolf stance attack speed bonus be useful if I already have max breakpoint ias (according to speed calculator)?


I meant more the run speed than anything else, since Spirit Edge is pretty easy to hit the breakpoint anyways. Wolf stance is skill ias, so I think even with wolf stance and no other gear, you'd need something like 50% IAS to hit the cap (skill ias has a larger impact than gear). I haven't used speedcalc ever, just got breakpoints from others, but otherwise, yea, it'd help. If you're at the cap, no big deal. It gives you a run speed bonus and crushing blow still (and I think maybe some slight physical damage as well? would stack with famine bonuses).
Grasshopper
Pit Knight
114 | -5
Is this guide still being worked on actively - and is it good in the latest patch?
How does it compare to the builds in the other guides?
User avatar
Aero
Madawc
6839 | 228
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Grasshopper wrote:Is this guide still being worked on actively - and is it good in the latest patch?
How does it compare to the builds in the other guides?


It was written at the end of last season and there were no real changes besides some of the uber content (azmodan for example). Should be nearly perfectly workable as it’s written. Waiting on newer content or changes to update all the guides for now.
krillep
Skeleton
2 | 0
Regarding Carnage. Should more than one point be invested into Carnage? From what I can tell, from the tooltip, adding further points to it, it only benefits from more Attack Rating, but with a higher mana cost, yes? A lot of Attack Rating is already gained from dumping excess points into Dexterity.
User avatar
ScarletEdge
Detonator
757 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
krillep wrote:Regarding Carnage. Should more than one point be invested into Carnage? From what I can tell, from the tooltip, adding further points to it, it only benefits from more Attack Rating, but with a higher mana cost, yes? A lot of Attack Rating is already gained from dumping excess points into Dexterity.


According to the guide, only 1 point into Carnage(Deathlord prerequisite) is necessary. Besides, wdm skills are generally a 1 point wonder.
krillep
Skeleton
2 | 0
ScarletEdge wrote:
krillep wrote:Regarding Carnage. Should more than one point be invested into Carnage? From what I can tell, from the tooltip, adding further points to it, it only benefits from more Attack Rating, but with a higher mana cost, yes? A lot of Attack Rating is already gained from dumping excess points into Dexterity.


According to the guide, only 1 point into Carnage(Deathlord prerequisite) is necessary. Besides, wdm skills are generally a 1 point wonder.


I see, thanks. So that means "Iron Spiral" on barb is also a 1 point skill? :)
User avatar
ScarletEdge
Detonator
757 | 52
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
krillep wrote:I see, thanks. So that means "Iron Spiral" on barb is also a 1 point skill? :)


Yes. You'll only ever need to invest more points in these skills if they have hard point bonuses or skill synergies like druid bow skills or barbarian throw skills.