Tempestsucks - Lightning/Cold Sorc

Swartalfar
Skeleton
2 | 0
wow that was fast! thanks aerial. nice to see you are still playing D2 MXL. your cascade sorc video inspired me to try this xD

well i will try it than. thanks for the advice ;)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Tempest (old cascade) is now much weaker, so forget about that sort of killing speed. Currently forked lightning is better, as it was mentioned in this thread long time ago.
Tunito
Fallen
1 | 0
Could anyone post some kind of updates to this build? is it still viable? i got 2 pieces of the set elemental and I am going to try to build a sorceress
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Quick question, how do I create the eerie craft with the zomg recipe for the end game belt?
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
"Zomghelp" recipe was used to roll a Magical quality item to ilvl to 1 (cause Sacred tier items that drop in Destruction are ilvl 99) and then upgrade it from Magical to Rare quality before crafting because one wanted to get a lower affix lvls and thus a lower req lvl, for a bit more MO space. But the essential -% (element) resist MOs have been removed, and the recipe too. Instead we have the direct "Rare Downlevel" recipe which is cubing a Rare (Sacred tier in this case) item with a Rare ring and Rare amulet to roll a Rare (Sacred) ilvl 1 item, which would have a bit more MO space after crafting with Eerie shrines, but it may not be useful anymore, cause the MOs to be used are just +% (element) Spell damage without the defunct -% (element) resists that were suggested in this guide.
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
DacianDraco wrote:"Zomghelp" recipe was used to roll a Magical quality item to ilvl to 1 (cause Sacred tier items that drop in Destruction are ilvl 99) and then upgrade it from Magical to Rare quality before crafting because one wanted to get a lower affix lvls and thus a lower req lvl, for a bit more MO space. But the essential -% (element) resist MOs have been removed, and the recipe too. Instead we have the direct "Rare Downlevel" recipe which is cubing a Rare (Sacred tier in this case) item with a Rare ring and Rare amulet to roll a Rare (Sacred) ilvl 1 item, which would have a bit more MO space after crafting with Eerie shrines, but it may not be useful anymore, cause the MOs to be used are just +% (element) Spell damage without the defunct -% (element) resists that were suggested in this guide.

Thanks for the great reply.

Isn’t more MO space still viable for other stats like +energy or MF?

Is the build still viable without the -% elemental? Since it is stressed out how important this stat is and it is highly recommended to reach 200%.
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
In general i believe the -% (element) resists are not as important anymore for the mod, still great stat to have but not a must be over 175% for the elements that any and all builds use. And i am unsure if in this case the payoff for more MO space is worth it. I have been replaying this mod again for 1 week now, i chose a WDM melee build and mid game i decided to craft some %LL jewels, had to go for lower ilvl ones to roll lower affix lvls because i had only T6 gear and i needed the crafted jewels to be around 43-50 req lvl so they wouldn't raise the T6 gear's req lvl (cause if the socket's req lvl is higher than item's it will override it). In my case the affixes i wanted to avoid on jewels would have added +14 req lvl and i noticed that by choosing lower ilvl jewels to craft with a lower affix roll range and adding 1 MO (only +4 lvl) the end result would overall be +1% better than a higher ilvl craft, and i would have spare MO space of +10 req lvls.

So use https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes to figure out what rare affixes that you want can be rolled while crafting (with ilvl 99), and notice what is the highest affix lvl among them (needed for the Required level formula). Then open a new affix page (with ilvl 1) to compare and see if these affixes will still be what you would want or if any with a lower range can be improve with MO while hopefully saving some +req lvls. Also keep in mind what you want to socket in the belt, so sockets's req lvl doesn't raise overall req lvl to unusable.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
for casters, high pierce is definitely necessary.

and obviously you don't need to be over -175% because there's only one boss in the game that requires more than -170% because that's the cap. Samael takes up to -199%. rest are capped at 170 for light/cold/fire
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aero wrote:for casters, high pierce is definitely necessary.

and obviously you don't need to be over -175% because there's only one boss in the game that requires more than -170% because that's the cap. Samael takes up to -199%. rest are capped at 170 for light/cold/fire

The question is how easy is it to get get -175% without the -% MO's.

Cause with the end game gear you only get -40% at best with perfect stats.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tanin wrote:
Aero wrote:for casters, high pierce is definitely necessary.

The question is how easy is it to get get -175% without the -% MO's.

Cause with the end game gear you only get -40% at best with perfect stats.

the guide is like 3+ years old now? you have to think for yourself a bit on how patches have changed. use crafts to get pierce. rings/amulets, pierce cycles, plenty of options.