Tempestsucks - Lightning/Cold Sorc

TomKatz03
Balrog
131 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Your guide is nice but need updates to XVI please do!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
his last post was in december...
TomKatz03
Balrog
131 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
yea i saw it but i ask for updates guides. i m playing sorc with his guides
labarca123
Fallen
1 | 0
how can i get elemental immunities minions?
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@up
you can't. Max res for minions res is 75% on destruction difficulty.
Chrono
Cultist
22 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have a few Questions as I am having some difficulties that you obviously are not having judging by some of the difficulties you assigned to ubers and such.

First, I am using the entire elemental set, and here are my charms :

I have 2 pretty damn good rings with 40 + lightning damage and +1 all skills
Amulet is 3 skills +22 hailstorm and 33 lightning damage with cold pierce
I am also still using aerin orbiter orbed with lightning pierce and damage

I have -126 enemy lightning resist and around -50 enemy cold
currently my thunderstone dmg is 17705, tempest is 14.3
Shatter the flesh is at 35k
Using Chronofield instead of the other 1

Most of my charms are upgraded and im at 310,000 defense, 8k life, and almost 17k mana

here are my issues :

Bosses like Belial and Quov which you have listed as easy and medium both dps me down in literally a split second. I used almost a whole belt of 9k health moon cookies in like 2 seconds on belial. His debuff alone drains my health in about 1 second. I am unsure how this is listed as easy, especially because he has a heroic shield. By the time he could even lose his lightning resist, I would have died about 50 times.

Quov is similar, I am using chrono and such but his spells do far too much damage. I get burned in a split second by his big lightning spell.
I tried crafting honorific gloves belt and boots, which worked to nullify his elemental damage, but hive is still a huge problem. Even when he drops his lightning resist, it's only for a second and I can barely get off any damage. Is my damage too low? I fought Quov for about 40 minutes straight the other day and he wasnt even down past halfway.

Duncraig is listed as easy but half of the mobs are lightning immune, which creates an annoying difficulty.. I can understand reacting quickly when you're playing a class like werewolf or pounce or even an assassin with a low blink timer because they have high mobility, but on the sorceress I find myself too often caught in a poison cloud or by too many enemies right in the middle of my blink cooldown. Not to mention all of my skills are not able to be cast and then walked away from, I have to stand still to resummon and to deal damage. I guess seeing a video of you doing duncraig with this build would help a lot, because It honestly seems like I dont know how I would make it through to the mini bosses let alone finish the entire level and have it on farm status

Also, how on earth do you have 10k+ life? I am using all the same gear with almost all the same charms and i have 8k
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
^ quov tsin = stacking resist above 450% and get some damage reduce by x (flat), btw chronofield is nerfed (it no longer reduce FCR/ISA)

no comment on belial, he just a retard boss :(
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Chrono wrote:I used almost a whole belt of 9k health moon cookies in like 2 seconds on belial. His debuff alone drains my health in about 1 second. I am unsure how this is listed as easy, especially because he has a heroic shield. By the time he could even lose his lightning resist, I would have died about 50 times.

Using Abyss against Belial is much better, because:

1) Abyss AoE kills all nearby Henchmen;
2) It is casted instantly, unlike T-stone that has to be delivered to Belial by air. Those 1-2 sec can be crucial.

If you want to kill Belial without dying, I suggest summoning max. amount of ice elementals and let them do the tanking while you spam Abyss from behind. As soon as the last elemental dies, quickly step 1,5 screens away and resummon minions, repeat Abyss spamming.

Surely, you can use T-stone, but in that case, you better stay in Belial's melee range, bombard him with T-stone at close range, die, recover your body/rejoin and repeat.
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Could some1 update the Skillplanner please? I only get to the main site when opening the link.
Thanks.
Chrono
Cultist
22 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Grinch wrote:Could some1 update the Skillplanner please? I only get to the main site when opening the link.
Thanks.

just max tstone
20 in tempest or smax your choice
max warp armor and snow queen
1 point summons
1 point moon cookie
1 point chronofield or witchblood depending on your playstyle
1 point arcane torrent
5-10 in familiar
rest in a cold skill, I chose shatter the flesh