Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ChuckNoRis wrote:+1 to what Kiki wrote

there was once the "hard mode charm" for such issues , but for some reason it was removed a few years ago . i would not mind having it back as it would also fix the drop rates debates . more pain -> more drops

It wasn't removed for "some reason". It was removed because players were able to absolutely abuse that charm by going in pvp mode, buffing a character into oblivion and thus making ubers easy af. It's good that HMC was removed.

@Aerial I'm amazed. I knew barb was strong, but I never imagined that you could simply do all ubers with just T6 gear. You have my props for attempting such a challenge on your own and going through this to the very end.

Of course, other characters would be way harder since they don't have a utility skill such as windform, just as you said (except maybe necromancer --> he has Angel of Death after all, which is even better than windform). However, amazon will be much harder for example, since you either have to stick to 1 tree or go without a tree-specific passive, which would be a real pain.

So yeah... Do amazon next :D
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
some thoughts on game balance,

I see a big sentiment of a lot of "vet" players saying oh no median xl is too easy now the game is for casuls boohoo. Maybe for a certain segment of the population this is true and I really am sorry the game isn't what you want anymore but its my opinion that this is still one of the harder and more punishing arpg games out there and the game I really do believe gets better every single patch. I personally know 10-15 people who couldn't get over the intial difficulty hurdle of the game that are now happy median xl converts. Each of us probably knows 10 people at least who would be at least interested in checking the game out think of how awesome it would be if you could convert all those people and give this mod the attention it deserves.

It is my personal opinion that the game actually is not too easy but rather getting to a more sensible state of balance for more than the absolute most sadomasochistic of players. 40 minutes of fighting a single heroic boss (Astro) or being very careful with your character movement and aim (Laz) is not too easy. Not to fanboy too hard at Suchbalance Marco Whist and all the work of the amazing team but this game is truly a gem and I for one am extremely grateful on the continued development of the game.

In closing my philosophy is just because you personally may not love a game as much as you used to doesnt mean that developer decisions are "wrong" or the game is bad in fact your experiences might cloud your judgement on how to more objectively evaluate the direction of a game I know this has personally happened to me with Path of Exile, Starcraft and a variety of other games.

TLDR: game is still gud stop qq. Love you Marco, SB, Whist and the whole dev squad <3 Also AWESOME GUIDE Aerial
Edited by shnurr214 6 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Few minor mistakes I read:

In Tal Rasha uberquest description you said Dark Summoning spell. It should be Dark Portal.

Duncraig map is for ants. Do you have it in a bigger resolution?
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
shnurr214 wrote:I personally know 10-15 people who couldn't get over the intial difficulty hurdle of the game that are now happy median xl converts.

I'm hoping to be one. I just started playing Median XL this year (January 1, 2018). The difficulty of the game can scare me sometimes but I'm trying to stay with it. 40 deaths later on a level 91 rat druid. I'm still trying to learn this great game. Hopefully I don't give up just because it's hard.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
HechtHeftig wrote:Few minor mistakes I read:

In Tal Rasha uberquest description you said Dark Summoning spell. It should be Dark Portal.

Thanks, correct.
As for dunc map, it is from wiki, I liked full res one, it isn't that small:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/med ... 1022163241
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
aerial wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Few minor mistakes I read:

Thanks, correct.
As for dunc map, it is from wiki, I liked full res one, it isn't that small:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/med ... 1022163241

Well, this is how it looks to me. (Note the 300% at the right side of the web adress line. That means I already pressed alt + scroll up to make it bigger, and 300% is the furthest I can go)

Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
lunar.seven wrote:
Unda wrote:
kiki22vu wrote:tl;dr

This takes time and effort so awesome job i guess.

But in the end it shows how median turned into ez mode with no challange at all since the latest ovrerhaul and versions.

Miss the old median :(
this causual mod route is just too easy and boring for my taste. If some1 is able to do all content with t6 gear then smthn is rly broken here.

Nothing to take away from ae he is good player with great knowledge and not ev1 is able to achive this but still this shows how "balanced" things are in latest maxl versions.

Median still got hc mode, not enough challenging?

the point of that its possible - was in the game all before, only now it is easier for SP with corpse recovery in town

some ubers can be done with maybe tu1 gear also :mrgreen:
some ubers also can be done with an naked char, without any gear, but this is gone now, i can remember corpse-recovery-action and beating the uber boss without having the corspe back,...

I was referring only to bolded sentence, because if there is someone who think median turned into ez mode then should try hardcore realm with poof on death.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
HechtHeftig wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:+1 to what Kiki wrote

there was once the "hard mode charm" for such issues , but for some reason it was removed a few years ago . i would not mind having it back as it would also fix the drop rates debates . more pain -> more drops

It wasn't removed for "some reason". It was removed because players were able to absolutely abuse that charm by going in pvp mode, buffing a character into oblivion and thus making ubers easy af. It's good that HMC was removed.

@Aerial I'm amazed. I knew barb was strong, but I never imagined that you could simply do all ubers with just T6 gear. You have my props for attempting such a challenge on your own and going through this to the very end.

Of course, other characters would be way harder since they don't have a utility skill such as windform, just as you said (except maybe necromancer --> he has Angel of Death after all, which is even better than windform). However, amazon will be much harder for example, since you either have to stick to 1 tree or go without a tree-specific passive, which would be a real pain.

So yeah... Do amazon next :D

yes that seems the limited options for a sort of whirlwind in this case

agree, amazon, sorceress are rly more challenging for this rule setup, but on necro scythes you can role dance of massacree ? ..i guess not....only assasin can role cheap spin to win and barb has ww as skill in the skilltree, but the game was doable without these skills also as you can remember ?

i played very less sorceress but iam sure its fun

also some sort of oskill only challenge could be interessting !
Edited by lunar.seven 6 years.
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
candyland
Azure Drake
168 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Nice guide Aerial, was a nice read.