Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Tundra set will be lot better, but 2h can work too.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
I'm having a lot of issues with desync in Kingdom of Shadows and Diamond Gates, what with all the mobs.

How can I avoid this? Doesn't matter what my defense is if I can't escape the enemy!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You shouldn't have problems if you use whirlwind all the time.
You also shouldn't have problems being surrounded by zombies and surviving just by drinking potions, life pool, damage reduction and defense is enough to do that.

To reduce potential desynch try to move slower, in "zig-zag" pattern, not just rushing forward in direction you want. Let game "catch up", that usually helps.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Hey Aerial I was wondering, is there any plans to do another similar guide but for another class?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Wulf wrote:Hey Aerial I was wondering, is there any plans to do another similar guide but for another class?

Any suggestion what class can do that? :) No respec beat all ubers.
There is usually at least few ubers that other builds that are good on budget cant do, or doing would be extremely painful. One of main issues is ability to apply open wound from range. Any tank build that can't use ranged skills (deathlord necro for example). Fortress on barb is such quality of life compared to dealing with this on other classes, I can't see it working.
Another prob is for example doing ureh or vizjun with squishy class that has no way to get through enemies, trying to run, cast edyrems, million tps. It can be done, but I don't think thats what ppl want to do while following a guide.

Short answer is, I don't know what class can achieve this other than barb. You would have to change requirements, allow some respec probably.
Going with a class without specific socket requirement, such as runes (runemaster) or gems (paragon), you go jewels and then use non-gr runewords instead. Gear like that is probably easier to make than uniques and more powerful.

I think 2nd closest char to do this would be probably totem necro, that beats most of the game with extremely cheap gear, but then you respec and suffer to do the rest. For example getting laz on low rw/no signet necromancer? Not fun.

Unless you guys have ideas, I'm open to suggestions.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Melee paladin. You can roll fortress, bear stance, ring of light, stormcall on shields, brimstone, lorenado on helmets; shadow refuge, shower of cocks on weapons. Not sure which build is best without restating - holy (easy leveling, decent sustain) or unholy(less worries for stats req, has good ranged spells).
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Fortress oskill is useless, it has practically no range, gigantic cooldown. It works like 1pt fortress on barb with zero synergies. You'd be much better off using wyrd.

Holy melee is definitely better for leveling it is one of the fastest speedrun builds, retaliate from level 2, good single target skill, plague to deal damage with shit weapon.
Issue is as I said, crappy open wounds aplication through some wyrd rings (you'd have to reroll blue rings).
There is more problems, defense of paladin is much much lower than barb, if you don't rock perfect eth sacred runewords you gonna end up with like 250k defense at most, which is pretty low. It is fine to start farming, combined with retaliate knockbacks, but for getting charms, doesn't feel that great.
For movement through ureh you have 3s teleport for free, but this is still far worse than whirlwind or even angel of death.
Single target DJ is good, but thats about it.
Free damage reduction is sure nice.

I think character comparable to such paladin is melee necro, and it is better at almost all fronts (good single target buffed carnage, way more defense (lord + uber passive), angel of death to skip content. Necro also has more life with his passive, perfect synergy with life jewels and runewords.
But problem is OW, you cant even use wyrd as deathlord..
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
aerial wrote:You shouldn't have problems if you use whirlwind all the time.
You also shouldn't have problems being surrounded by zombies and surviving just by drinking potions, life pool, damage reduction and defense is enough to do that.

To reduce potential desynch try to move slower, in "zig-zag" pattern, not just rushing forward in direction you want. Let game "catch up", that usually helps.

Whirlwind helped! The game didn't seem to understand that i could move through the zombies and would get confused down if I was surrounded.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
mecheye wrote:Whirlwind helped! The game didn't seem to understand that i could move through the zombies and would get confused down if I was surrounded.

That's strange, whole guide about ureh is specifically about use of whirlwind, and you just discovered that it helps? :) That is like first thing you do once you enter this zone as barb, main reason why it is easy to do.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
aerial wrote:
mecheye wrote:Whirlwind helped! The game didn't seem to understand that i could move through the zombies and would get confused down if I was surrounded.

That's strange, whole guide about ureh is specifically about use of whirlwind, and you just discovered that it helps? :) That is like first thing you do once you enter this zone as barb, main reason why it is easy to do.

I kind of....abandoned the sword when I found a sick axe so I haven't been using it lmao.