How to get all charms with T6 gear [1.3]

Kimmy
Skeleton
3 | 0
It happened to me at my first try from mount arreat, opening a portal to burial ground instead of the next stage. New game and everything was fine.
ivo1617
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Thank you for the advice Aerial and Kimmy. It works now. Strangely enough third time was the charm for me. I tried a second time with a new map and got the same result and then it worked when I tried it without changing the map.
Fovas
Destroyer
6 | 0
Thanks million for this guide. i never won so many charms in mxl...
forgive my n00b question, please where can i find mathael in khalimgard ,I WW whole zone....seem only find zak avatar there...

also what is wing of the depart for?
Obob912
Invader
8 | 1
Loving this build! Haven't played Median in several years, but you got me to roll a new character from scratch. All the changes in the last couple years have made the mod so much more player friendly, happy to see it.

I followed your guide up to the part on the Triune, then decided to farm a bit. Tran Athulua is very reasonable (defense helps a ton), although perhaps not terribly speedy. Running it on /players4 at the moment.

I also took some time to farm Toraja for an Auhe rune for Nero, which has been amazing since we're buffing fortress. Aside from that I'm in all T6 gear.

One of our biggest weaknesses is single targets. E.g. in Tran Ath the bosses are surprisingly annoying to kill on higher player counts. I've found that a slightly different skill build makes our fortress much stronger in this situation; having Nero (which, fair enough, breaks the "rules" of the guide) makes this extra worth it.

16 Wolf
12 Ancient Blood
20 Fortress
30 Bear Stance
Max Daedalus
1 Mountain King
1 Immortal
1 Thundergod
1 Thunder Slam
Rest Runemaster

The extra range on Wolf makes many of the fortress turrets hit a target you are attacking in melee. We also still get enough points in runemaster to get down to 5% chance to be hit in Tran Ath on the axe switch, and far past that on sword + shield. For highly dense areas the sword switch is often better anyways. At some point the extra points in Runemaster just aren't doing anything.

Granted I've also been willing to respec skill points, at least if it's a "long term" change--not too into respeccing to do one quest or something. So, I reclaimed my skillpoint on Guardian, which was very useful but became useless after picking up Edyrem. Additional points into Runemaster were also useful early on, but now don't seem so necessary.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Fovas wrote:Thanks million for this guide. i never won so many charms in mxl...
forgive my n00b question, please where can i find mathael in khalimgard ,I WW whole zone....seem only find zak avatar there...

also what is wing of the depart for?

He is hidden in the bottom-left side of the map, I also missed him a couple of times but he's actually easy to find. Pop a tp there and kill him.

Wings of the departed grant you a beam of light on top of your char. I think like what one of the uber bossess has (was it Imperius and Malthael?). It's a one-time use and will stay active for as long as you're in that game I believe.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
If i was going to improve build with farming, I'd rather focus on getting some pierce and crafts.
If you compare single target damage of fortress with enough range that all towers hit single target in open area, to let's say stormblast. Stormblast with just some pierce will deal way more damage than fortress, it hits much more often even than seriously stacked fortress. So I'm not sure of this is efficient way to improve the build.
Unique bosses must have around +70 elemental resist, so if you get just 30 pierce, that already doubles your damage, and 60 triples.
With capped pierce so if you put boss at -100 (having ~170 pierce), you will deal ~6,5x more damage than without pierce.

Also a much better use of auhe rune would be slapping it in barb weapon.
Auhe weapon rw especially in 1h, has Adds 125-188 damage with 200 ed (+75% from mo), that is even bit better than xis shark. It is very underrated rw really, because people look at max damage not average.
Shark xis: 230ed + 393 max damage vs auhe: 275ed + 313 damage (avg) and +3 deadly strike. That 45% additonal enhanced damage and 3% deadly strike pretty much evens out the damage between both items.
And you get ancients hand without needing it on helm (AH is 40% better than iceburst in terms of damage). Massive damage gain vs bosses.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Also, ancient's hand is much more better than iceburst and stormblast because it has a bigger projectile resulting in greater AoE compared to the former skills and most importantly, the projectile travels slower than the ones from stormblast and iceburst, thus getting more hits in. About the auhe vs talxis, isn't the damage from talxis greater after bloodlust proc?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
romanN1 wrote:Also, ancient's hand is much more better than iceburst and stormblast because it has a bigger projectile resulting in greater AoE compared to the former skills and most importantly, the projectile travels slower than the ones from stormblast and iceburst, thus getting more hits in. About the auhe vs talxis, isn't the damage from talxis greater after bloodlust proc?

It just adds to your total %enhanced damage pool, so that bonus isn't that big. You have %Ed from str, from stance, from spirit guide, from motw, all the bonuses combined and then you get that extra from bloodlust on top.
Shark might pull ahead in eth base item, since then you can't MO it with auhe.
It is also nice to be able to go xis fal helm if you have AH from weapon, can't do it with shark.
But that is just theory, requires level 121 and lot of farming.
Auhe in 1h weapon is really solid imo.
Obob912
Invader
8 | 1
OK thanks, I'll have to give that a shot.

My problem with just buffing Stormblast/Iceblast via pierce is that the targeting on those skills really sucks against small targets. It seems that when the targeting is working well they are great, but if not they can barely tickle enemies. Fortress doesn't have this issue.
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The press called for you, OP.