Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial im having trouble with vizjun. im ww everywhere but i still am taking massive damage and dying before reaching boss.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
That is weird because that might be literally the single easiest uber in entire list.
What is your defense and life? Make sure you are not running (while running defense = 0).
Make sure you have some run/walk upgrades on your gear so your travel speed isn't slow.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
This is a very interesting guide.

I am now looking at trying to do all the ubers with my barbarian but he may not have the limitations you mentioned for newly-levelled characters since he is already level 120 and has a few charms.

I also have a few sacred and set items so I am wondering how you would build it differently with:
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (150 - 163) to (233 - 246)
Two-Hand Damage: (206 - 225) to (285 - 305)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 480
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
6% Chance to cast level 40 Pentagram on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+(30 to 60)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
Adds 50-125 Damage
Adds 84-167 Fire Damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+(100 to 250) Life after each Kill
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
Scales of the Serpent
Scales of the Serpent
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7481 - 8308) to (9074 - 10078)
Required Strength: 675
15% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 12 Time Strike on Striking
(31 to 40)% Hit Recovery
+90% Damage to Undead
Adds 200-300 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(25 to 30)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+50 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (6)
(or
Arreat's Heart
maybe),
Wandelkoning
Lex Ferarum
Deadman's Hand

Would you use rings
Seal of the Nephalem Kings
Seal of the Nephalem Kings
Ring

Item Level: 120
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
(10 to 15)% to Strength
(10 to 15)% to Vitality
(10 to 15)% Bonus to Defense
(10 to 20)% Gold Find
? Or even
Xorine's Ring
Xorine's Ring
Ring

Required Level: 80
Item Level: 80
+1 Projectile to Punisher
10% Chance to cast level 19 Punishers on Kill
(51 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
-(3 to 5)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
?
Black Dwarf
Black Dwarf
Amulet

Required Level: 110
+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(21 to 29) to Supernova
(30 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
-5 to Light Radius
?

I am also interested in the better farming builds you mentioned - how would you do farming differently to uber build?

Thank you for taking the time to write this guide.
P.S. One very small thing that looks inaccurate. The list of runes for resistances includes vex; I think it should be Gul (cold resist), vex is Half Freeze duration)?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Most of things you listed is better than t6 gear, just watch out for procs in encounters where it can cause problems (like killing totems vs astrogha).
Sotnk beats empyrean band. As for amulet I'd only replace 15% life for rare with high +life. Sots beats t6 chests by miles.
Remember you gonna need lot of ias and other mo from other sources, so if you replace fal helm with some sacred unique, use more sha runes.

You could get much better power level with this character, if you literally crafted every slot, started from weapon with +300-350 maximum damage, sacred labrys. Otherwise pierce crafts and ancient's hand helm (40% more damage than iceburst 35% vs 25% right off the bat). I might do some twinked mini section in the guide for people who want use better gear.

There would be basically two sets of gear, nearly full craft with -170 fire pierce and ancient's hand, and another set for purify bosses where your damage doesn't matter (witch, void final, uldy final to some extent, laz), where you use nearly full vitality craft setup, and preferably respec to build with even more defenses. These are optimal, but not really needed, as this is what guide tries to accomplish, avoid farming for that gear.

As for rune, you are right, it supposed to be gul rune.

When it comes to farming. Personally I wouldn't use 2h setup for farming because of still relatively limited aoe of deathgaze, compared to iron spiral
Imo, with worse items, just iron spiral for farming (super tanky), overkill being competitive to it. If you have good gear, thrower with stampede, either cheapr wolf version for TA and cows, or version that can do everything with snake stance, max block and 120 poison pierce. Gear cap is quite high there, xis fal helm, khazra plate, ethereal xis weapon, crafts with really good poison pierce, you can even socket multiple auhe runes for 2% deadly strike each.
This was 2 patches ago so bit nerfed (less ds, range on stampede lowered, but mostly this is final thrower build)
► Show Spoiler
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
is it possible to reach max block without investing points into dex and just using fal xis helm? it would be interesting to build a full vitality barb with max block, high defence and max dr from bear
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Yes, but whats the point of it? Going full vit hurts your damage too much for farming imo.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
The Eviscerator
The Eviscerator
Short Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37 to 38
Required Strength: 376
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
10% Base Block Chance
Socketed (3)
+ Gladiator dominance = you need a bit over 1k dex. Helmet gives 500 and with % to attributes from skills and charms should be ez pz.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:Yes, but whats the point of it? Going full vit hurts your damage too much for farming imo.

well it depends on the farming spot, in teganze for example defence and dr are useless and only life matters, leech doesn't work either which is the #1 source of regen for full offence builds

in general I like to have a well balanced build that can do well in most places without having to constantly respec

my barb is currently using worldstone shard, boarfrost, yaerius's simulacrum, eth flying saucer, ornate gloves with stormblast, deadfall, lifecrusher and klaatu, full vita with bear stance. dmg comes from procs buffed by hive and motw, cb and smaxed wolf companion+daedalus, actual wdm is low so maxing dex wouldn't make a big difference. with high life, max dr% and 1 million def farming is a lot more relaxing, also pots are cheap and plentiful and they get better the more life you have

one could use crafted crystal sword with fal xis helm, with high dmg roll on sword you could get decent dmg bonus from dex, and still invest your actual stat points into vitality to have high life and buff elemental procs with hive. sure defence would be lower but still pretty high, and adding max block to that should make it even more insanely tanky to the point you just laugh at necrobot swarms

it should be doable with fal xis helm and some 2% dex jewels
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You can get max block with fal xis without any extra block items, I used this helm on my snake thrower, 0 points in dex. Mountain king, charms, you may mix in one dex craft if you need it.
As for teganze, I'd juse use summoner, or ideally merc barb, it works great there. No huge life is gonna help you if you don't have high life on kill in this area, and with minions you simply never get hit.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
well that was embarrasing
Edited by notforkeeps 6 years.