How to get all charms with T6 gear [1.3]

Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ETH items shine when you're making xis-runewords where you anyway have no MO space. Unless you're level 125 of course... ;-|
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
suchbalance wrote:The ethereal bonus is different from Enhanced Damage / Defense, because it works directly on the base item.

For example let's say you have a 50% ED superior broadsword with successful 50% blessed luck ED and you want to make Tal-Xis. The resulting item will have 500% ED and therefore 6X + Y final damage where X is the base dmg and Y is the added max.

If instead you have an eth broadsword the resulting item will only have 400% ED and therefore damage of: (1.5X)*5 + Y = 7.5X + Y. Aka the eth bonus in this case is worth 250% ED.

Conclusion: even a non-superior eth weapon has much higher base damage compared to the non-eth alternative with 100% ED from lucky & superior. If you use a superior eth weapon the advantage is even bigger of course.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yeah, etheral mod isn't the same as %ED, it comes before that. Sure if you had 2 items that can't be modified (sockets, runeword) and didn't spawn with any extra %ed, etheral would be exact same as 50%ed version. But since uniques spawn with high ED and you can put jahs in them (runewords also apprat with 200%ish ed), etheral items end up having way more damage/defense.
Here is an example for su labrys (200% ED 150-200 damage flat added) difference beetween eth and non eth.

On a side note, did you know that highest etheral base 1h weapon is throw damage from maiden javelins?
If you make shark runeword in 35% ed superior ethereal maiden javelin, result damage would be: 389-875
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Footman wrote:
Jampula wrote:You can't mo eth items.

This information is new to me and sadly true, I always thought that ETH items are better, but they are actually worse :D
ETH gives 50ed, but just MO can give me 75ed and I don't loose socket for indestructible jewel

But an Eth item has higher base def, so it can (in a lot of cases) still come out higher. I found an Eth sacred gilded shield which I'm definitely going to use later on for a RW to stamp on baby diablos.

Edit, lol nevermind, I missed page 13 of replies and the question has been answered :)

Just one more thing; I really don't get how anyone would sustain a mana bubble in fights like vs Baal. I constantly run out of mana and then my attacks are useless against Baal/BPR etc. Bossess that take a long time to kill cost so much mana. I am geared up pretty heavily and have all the charms (including BPR already) made them solo. Only thing I'm lacking is the amulet and rings but I have really good alternatives.

How to mana?
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I saw someone write a simpliication of what you can and cannot do with ethereal items. It said that a d2 limitation means that the output of any cube recipe cannot be ethereal.

So that would include trying to MO an ethereal.

But I wonder if that holds up when using the unsocket recipe for a runeword (ethereal item with runeword + 3 perfect gems + oil of disjunction). If it would unsocket and return the rune, jewels and ethereal item then the statement is not (quite) true.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Muilpeer wrote:Just one more thing; I really don't get how anyone would sustain a mana bubble in fights like vs Baal. I constantly run out of mana and then my attacks are useless against Baal/BPR etc. Bossess that take a long time to kill cost so much mana. I am geared up pretty heavily and have all the charms (including BPR already) made them solo. Only thing I'm lacking is the amulet and rings but I have really good alternatives.

How to mana?

Baal is unique encounter because he has mana burn ability. As melee char you will get hit by it and your mana will go to 0.
Build shouldn't have any issues with mana otherwise, because your offensive abilities are all 1 pointers, so their cost is relatively low. I didn't have problems, even for example while doing uldyssian stages and having to attack stone skin/spectral hit mini superunique boss while standing still for literally 5 minutes.
You can obviously just add some mana on striking in melee on your weapon, but I don't think it is needed. I'd do it only if against normal boss (not mana burn because that will drain you to 0 no matter what you use), if I ran out of mana fast. But in case of this barb it simply wasn't needed. By adding mana on striking in melee mo to weapon you can basically nullify cost of attack skill if that value matches or exceeds skill cost.

Against baal use some mana potions, run around, you will not be able to burst him for too long to begin with.
Just be patient with him, because there are worse fights coming.. :)
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:Baal is unique encounter because he has mana burn ability. As melee char you will get hit by it and your mana will go to 0.
Build shouldn't have any issues with mana otherwise, because your offensive abilities are all 1 pointers, so their cost is relatively low. I didn't have problems, even for example while doing uldyssian stages and having to attack stone skin/spectral hit mini superunique boss while standing still for literally 5 minutes.
You can obviously just add some mana on striking in melee on your weapon, but I don't think it is needed. I'd do it only if against normal boss (not mana burn because that will drain you to 0 no matter what you use), if I ran out of mana fast. But in case of this barb it simply wasn't needed. By adding mana on striking in melee mo to weapon you can basically nullify cost of attack skill if that value matches or exceeds skill cost.

Against baal use some mana potions, run around, you will not be able to burst him for too long to begin with.
Just be patient with him, because there are worse fights coming.. :)

Hey thanks, we got him a friend and me. Also did Bremmtown. Ureh coming up soon!

Also found an eth Sacred Superior Gilded Shield so time to see if I can make anything interesting with that.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
shamanic trance gives nice mana regen, can be useful sometimes even 1pt
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Muilpeer wrote:
Also found an eth Sacred Superior Gilded Shield so time to see if I can make anything interesting with that.

Invictus is better even than sacred uniques. No point looking :)
ivo1617
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Is it normal for the Truine Uber to take 2 or 3 hours with 60 or 70 deaths if you have not done it before? It’s hard to control where Arihan goes and he even gets teleported from time so getting him to the messenger is a challenge. And with the curses, I also die a lot. Am I missing something or is this a really hard Uber that takes some practice to get used to? I had not tried this Uber before and I completed it on my second try so I probably don’t have anything to complain about. Is there any way to dodge the attack of the messenger or go around it? Does he target the charmed Arihan ahead of me or does he target us both?