How to get all charms with T6 gear [1.3]

Covela
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Klush wrote:I think Im doing something wrong, I have the exact setup in the guide, with 282k def, t6 gear (got class charm and level 1/2), and its impossible to me to kill butcher in 1min, my damage is so low, even griswold takes forever (I cant facetank him), my fortress tooltip is 732-1777, I dont know what I could do.

I ketp running around him for 10min spamming fortress+guardian, and he lost just 5% life, please help me

Edit: Just to add up, Its the first time I am playing Median, and the first char to get to 120, so I am probably forgeting something :P

Its the butcher fight mechanic. He is only vulnerable when he is standing within his pentagram sigil. He only spawns a sigil for a short time when he attacks something. Use your spirits to tank him, once he spawns the pentagram, spawn 2 more spirits inside of it, the butcher will run into the pentagram and fortress will wreck him. It can be kind of frustrating because he won't always target your spirits, and he won't always move into the pentagram, but it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Are you casting minions in front of him? You need to make him spawn pentagram on the ground, then kite him inside it, and only then he takes damage. He dies to few iceburst hits. But you have short window of time to inflict that damage.
ruwns
Destroyer
7 | 0
I'm following the guide as closely as possible. I found some upgrades (sacreds) and I'm using those. I am...however, running into survivability issues. I have 13k hp and 1.5m def w/ shield and about 700k with axe. Example:

On judgement day I can't do the upgrade. That aoe damage from the ghosts literally wrecks me. I lose about 5k hp every time it goes off and eventually I get overrun and the Edyrems can't keep up. As soon as the ghosts attack me I basically fall over. I also tried doing Toraja Cemetery and even with all the defense, each arrow shot was taking about half my life - I got absolutely murdered. I don't know what I'm missing here...I should be tanky as hell.

I have max res and the 10% absorb charm. D2stats says I have 50%/101 phys with axe and 60%/101 with shield. Tried Kabraxis just for giggles and got smoked. I'd whirlwind around and those damn skeletons owned me so hard. Watched your vid and you took like zero dmg. How the hell?!

(yes I walk, not run)
EarthBounder
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ruwns wrote:I'm following the guide as closely as possible. I found some upgrades (sacreds) and I'm using those. I am...however, running into survivability issues. I have 13k hp and 1.5m def w/ shield and about 700k with axe. Example:

On judgement day I can't do the upgrade. That aoe damage from the ghosts literally wrecks me. I lose about 5k hp every time it goes off and eventually I get overrun and the Edyrems can't keep up. As soon as the ghosts attack me I basically fall over. I also tried doing Toraja Cemetery and even with all the defense, each arrow shot was taking about half my life - I got absolutely murdered. I don't know what I'm missing here...I should be tanky as hell.

I have max res and the 10% absorb charm. D2stats says I have 50%/101 phys with axe and 60%/101 with shield. Tried Kabraxis just for giggles and got smoked. I'd whirlwind around and those damn skeletons owned me so hard. Watched your vid and you took like zero dmg. How the hell?!

(yes I walk, not run)

Thanks for this post.. I am generally suffering from the same kind of issue across the board as well. Am struggling to find 'MXL survivability for dummies' breakdown.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Jday bosses use tremor, its magic damage spell that will reduce your hp by %, so you will take lot of damage, thats unavoidable.
The way to to jday, if you read the guide about this quest is about isolating the right boss there (one with heavy armor looks different than others). Do this by running from tp, kiting other ones into far side of the map and tping out or dying. There is more of these guys now than in previous patch, but strategy is the same.
You start the actual fight when you are in some corner of the map 1v1 vs the boss, then you will take damage from time to time from his tremor. Do not try to spawn killable bosses before you are 1v1 vs correct guy, it is crucial for success with this build. If you were a summoner you can handle all of the,, but not this build.
Once he spawns boss to kill, surrounded by edyrems, you should have massive stack of fortress ready to snipe that boss (you should cast fortress + edyrems all the time), and as soon as he appears, smack it with iceburst. With t6 gear and just the charms listed in the guide that you should have at that point of time, this deletes that boss in literally 2-3 seconds before he can summon anything (if they live too long they cast their spells or summon more invicible barbs, which makes continuing the fight in order to summon 2nd boss way harder).

As for survivability issues, I don't know, if you don't run, have those stats, you shouldn't have problems.
In Toraja you are supposed to fight just maximum of several amazons at any given point of time. Use thunderslam, rely on thundergod novas, kite back, if you aggro too many of them. It is very easy to overextend in that area. Not only you start to take too much damage, but also it is impossible to summon enough edyrems, because they die immediately as you summon them. But if you utilize aoe stun and fight limited amount of those amazons, you can handle them and clear the entire level with enough time.

Kabraxis is more difficult, it is pretty far on the list so dont approach unless you have nice collection of charms. Your defense later goes up to over 1mil with 2h axe.

Some ppl asked about lategame gear suggestions, I recently found that tundra set fits that role pretty well, this set is godly.
ruwns
Destroyer
7 | 0
Thanks for the reply!
WReckLess
Sasquatch
60 | 1
aerial wrote:When it comes to farming. Personally I wouldn't use 2h setup for farming because of still relatively limited aoe of deathgaze, compared to iron spiral
Imo, with worse items, just iron spiral for farming (super tanky), overkill being competitive to it. If you have good gear, thrower with stampede, either cheapr wolf version for TA and cows, or version that can do everything with snake stance, max block and 120 poison pierce. Gear cap is quite high there, xis fal helm, khazra plate, ethereal xis weapon, crafts with really good poison pierce, you can even socket multiple auhe runes for 2% deadly strike each.
This was 2 patches ago so bit nerfed (less ds, range on stampede lowered, but mostly this is final thrower build)

Mind to give breakdown on skills/general gear advice?
Is baron gloves + snakes of the serpent + eth griefbringer enough to start ?
I suppose we maxing summon tree for 15% EWD per point?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
No, summon tree isn't worth it, 15% ed per point isn't worth just for damage.
Griefbringer even eth is also not very good, craft beats it, xis shark as well.
You will get very good results with tundra set, its really strong, if you wanna try stronger melee setup.

If you want poison thrower, there is no really gamebreaking unique for it, I even used khazra over sots (which costs you pierce).
You can read throwbarb thread in general forum, there was pretty good discussion about those builds.

edit:
http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=5014
Souforte
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nice guide, my 1st Median char ever , and doing fine.
Just reached lvl 120 and already have 7 charms.

Really nice budget T6 char.
Btw after we find some set pieces and sacred uniques any item worth upgrading?
dropping t6 unique to use SU item?

thanks
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
It isn't hard to estimate when you find an item if it is better. If you find sacred unique labrys, of course it is an upgrade, same for plenty of unique chests.
Crafting can also result in better items in multiple slots.
As I mention tundra set is massive upgrade as well, but it requires bunch of items.