New Player Guide (1.2+) v1.05

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
WarzZ
Imp
4 | 0
Please correct me if I am wrong but you mention:
Base defence when an Item is made superior with ED.

The way you have written it implies that the base defence can change on superior items. On Vanilla D2 when an item is superior roll with ED the base defence was always max roll +1 defence, then enhanced defence was applied. This makes the base defence of that particular armor irrelevent. However, having a different base item that have higher defence rolls, like Quilted Armor compared to Sacred Armor would make a difference albeit with different Str/Dex(for sorc armors) requirements.

I believe this is the same on Median?

Ignore if I have just mis-read.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I think he means something like Chain Mail with a garbage ED roll can still have higher total defense than something like Leather Armor with an amazing ED roll. B/c yeah, when a Superior armor piece rolls with ED, the base def value is static.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
WarzZ wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong but you mention:
Base defence when an Item is made superior with ED.

The way you have written it implies that the base defence can change on superior items. On Vanilla D2 when an item is superior roll with ED the base defence was always max roll +1 defence, then enhanced defence was applied. This makes the base defence of that particular armor irrelevent. However, having a different base item that have higher defence rolls, like Quilted Armor compared to Sacred Armor would make a difference albeit with different Str/Dex(for sorc armors) requirements.

I believe this is the same on Median?

Ignore if I have just mis-read.

Solfege wrote:I think he means something like Chain Mail with a garbage ED roll can still have higher total defense than something like Leather Armor with an amazing ED roll. B/c yeah, when a Superior armor piece rolls with ED, the base def value is static.

I will be correcting the guide. That line I wrote was under the assumption that the base defense can vary on a superior item, which it can, but not when it applies ED. I just did a test and rerolled a piece of armor twice to confirm and both times the base defense was max (to be safe I went with 35 for the goal).

So I was incorrect in my assumption there, but that will also be a good tip for people. 1 less thing to worry about for people when making runewords and such. Good catch guys :)
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You can add information somewhere about Skillpoint Planner from Tools, when you will add specific charname from realm on the end of that adress you can view its trees: http://skillplan.median-xl.com/char?name=

Info thanks to krys.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Unda wrote:You can add information somewhere about Skillpoint Planner from Tools, when you will add specific charname from realm on the end of that adress you can view its trees: http://skillplan.median-xl.com/char?name=

Info thanks to krys.

I will add that in whenever I wake up, just noticed the comment right before going to sleep lmao. Thanks for the suggestion.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Bump