New Player Guide (1.2+) v1.05

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bored of Median and probably not checking out Sigma, was told by several people my New Player guide was pointless and some even compared it to Chuck's guides which I find offensive. Last post on the forum, leaving the discord group too because I am not interested in playing, and I am removing the Discord guide as well. You all can delete this whenever it gets noticed. Sorry to the people who this guide helped and to people who might have came afterward looking for a new players guide, as apparently this was a waste of 30 hours on my part. Later everyone.
Edited by NLGElijah 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
The part about book of summoning is wrong. It drops in destruction Difficulty. And I think it‘s called black tome now.

Haven‘t read much about it, so I can‘t say „great guide“ just yet. But I appreciate your effort! Thanks for that!
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Looks great! Will use your guide link on my stream for newcommers, it was exactly what i needed.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sorry if it sounds harsh, isn't meant that way, nice work many new people can profit from stuff like this and it will clean up the short questions thread.

I would explain LC1 better. Many people ask if you can cube only 1. And then many people cant find it, they go to Athula and get wrecked. Link a map maybe.

In the BCR quest the path for doing the trial of blood is not ideal, right next to ice is such a blink way and if you do the way in the map you provided why not lure them together in the middle without any blinks?

And for the trial of greed mention that you can farm the Trojan Jungle for Signets of gold super fast.

In the progression - instead of baalruns til lvl 65 I would suggest better spots for that, like hatred cows/extra areas in A5, K3BA, Trojan Jungle

>While running you have zero defense, walk speed is increased in Median.

Blocking is decreased by or to 1/3 too. The def is not just 0 it would be as if you were lvl 1 too. The whole get hit calculation is replaced by - get hit!

>Book of Summoning: now drops from The Summoner on Terror difficulty

Yeah it's black tome and D difficulty now.

>You can add sockets with the Act V quest reward, or by using the socket punch cube recipe. (the item plus 1-6 runes depending on how many sockets you need.

Only if the item has 0 sockets.

>The range of stats for armor is: 11-35%

And a defense value from like 1k to 1.5k. That can make a nice difference if you go for 300% ed.

>Shrine Crafting

Talk about ilvl. If you just want the shrine bonus and MO space do the rare ring+rare amulet + rare sacred item = Rare sacred item with ilvl 1.
You can make rare sacred items with the charsi quest. Which returns a white item as a rare item with ilvl = char level +4 on any difficulty.

>Jewel Crafting

A jewel found in dest can be crafted 6 times before the ilvl gets too low and should be replaced.

>Any non-sacred item + Oil of Enhancement + Arcane Crystal x2 → reroll item as unique

Mention that this is a good way to get unique rings not just all tiered uniques. Most people oversee that.

At the explanation about Zon I would remove the mention about defense. And at sin add the hokage guide.
Edited by Nitz 6 years.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
No need call t6 barb "cheesy" :) Can say many things about it, but all ubers are beat straight up, not bug abusing or anything. You don't even die a lot in comparison to doing it with some casters.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't think it's Black Tome @hecht and nitz. It's Dark Tome, I believe.
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Also Holy Caster is better than unholy caster at the moment, theres already a guide on it on the forums.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19187&hilit=holy+caster
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
I made most of the changes mentioned above, also added Nitz to the credits. Yeah the Book of Summoning bit happened while copy/pasting some stuff from the old guide to here lmao. Saw the catalysts were correct and didn't notice the book of summoning part. Also added the guides you guys have suggested. Thank you for the feedback :)
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
NLGElijah wrote:Thank you for the feedback :)

Damn, I already used my cookie on LH up there. Thanks.
NLGElijah
Vampiress
39 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Nitz wrote:
NLGElijah wrote:Thank you for the feedback :)

Damn, I already used my cookie on LH up there. Thanks.

No problem, you took the time to help me improve the guide (hence the v1.01 because of all of the changes) which overall helps out the whole community. So you helped out everyone :)