New Player Guide (1.2+) v1.05

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
User avatar
notforkeeps
Core Lord
389 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
socket punch is done using jewels i believe
User avatar
NLGElijah
Bone Archer
70 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
notforkeeps wrote:socket punch is done using jewels i believe


Good catch, thank you. I made the correction, there were some points while doing this I was very tired so there's mistakes here and there. Thats why I'm keeping a close eye on replies so I can correct things as they pop up.
User avatar
Prime_Evil
Polar Worm
1880 | 186
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ethereal items can only be socketed with larzuk quest, non eth can use jewels.
User avatar
NLGElijah
Bone Archer
70 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Prime_Evil wrote:ethereal items can only be socketed with larzuk quest, non eth can use jewels.


Added :) thank you.
Engersion
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Runeword section:
When preparing the base for Runewords I would say continue rerolling until Oil of Luck is successfully applied in order to optimize the stats of your base weapon or armor. Especially considering the process is not as laborious as rerolling jewels or the Runeword itself.

Defensive gear can also have a 1% Damage Reduction applied via Oil of Luck. That's arguably the most valuable stat to have on a defensive gear.
User avatar
NLGElijah
Bone Archer
70 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Engersion wrote:Runeword section:
When preparing the base for Runewords I would say continue rerolling until Oil of Luck is successfully applied in order to optimize the stats of your base weapon or armor. Especially considering the process is not as laborious as rerolling jewels or the Runeword itself.

Defensive gear can also have a 1% Damage Reduction applied via Oil of Luck. That's arguably the most valuable stat to have on a defensive gear.


The rerolling part is in there when I mentioned to shoot for 30%+ ED on weapons/armor, but I did add the portion about the 1% DR. I can't believe I forgot that lmao. Thank you for your help :)
Engersion
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Oh I read it as 35% enhanced damage and 150% attack rating would be the highest you can go before you start socketing. In reality you can have (11-35% Enhanced damage & 11-150% Attack Rating) + Oil of Luck bonus.

So total stats should be at least 50% Enhanced damage & 100% attack rating. Obviously 30 ED / 200+ AR is good as well. So long as the roll for the base item is good and the oil of luck of successfully applied.

I'd just mention the final numbers so people would know how high the stats of the base item can go.
User avatar
NLGElijah
Bone Archer
70 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Engersion wrote:Oh I read it as 35% enhanced damage and 150% attack rating would be the highest you can go before you start socketing. In reality you can have (11-35% Enhanced damage & 11-150% Attack Rating) + Oil of Luck bonus.

So total stats should be at least 50% Enhanced damage & 100% attack rating. Obviously 30 ED / 200+ AR is good as well. So long as the roll for the base item is good and the oil of luck of successfully applied.

I'd just mention the final numbers so people would know how high the stats of the base item can go.


Well I think with the final numbers its stated fairly easily in there because I state what you can roll with oils of renewal and then what the Oil of Luck itself adds :P I will still add the max values onto it, but I figured that part was fairly straight forward. Thanks for the support and taking the time to read it and give feedback :)
Engersion
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Yeah it's great to see people taking the time to write all this stuff. I was just adamant about the stats because I didn't find out how much of a difference an optimized base item would make until much later.
User avatar
NLGElijah
Bone Archer
70 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Engersion wrote:Yeah it's great to see people taking the time to write all this stuff. I was just adamant about the stats because I didn't find out how much of a difference an optimized base item would make until much later.


Understandable, about the base item thing. If you are using full runeword gear and you rolled 55% ED and did 5 ED mo's on everything before you finished the runeword, it can make a diffence of 10k+ defense easily. With char's like the Paladin (Tainted Blood) or Sorceress (Warp armor) that difference could be 100k-200k easily. People don't realize how much fine tuning your gear really matters until they try it. I would rather spend 3-4 hours rolling base items than spend 100 hours or more running back to wherever I died because I am lacking a ton of defense and DR.