Elder Shaman - Summon Barbarian Guide [1.3]

Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
You can put max 5 orbs each type in one item.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Myxir wrote:You can put max 5 orbs each type in one item.

except for umo's *
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
anyone knows, is destruction resistance penalty applied to barb summons? I.e. i need 75 minion resistance or 175?)
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
felixcatto wrote:anyone knows, is destruction resistance penalty applied to barb summons? I.e. i need 75 minion resistance or 175?)

75% is the cap for gear, With their base resistance of 75%/25%/-25% per difficulty, 50% resistance on Destruction is the most summons can hope for.
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
del
Edited by felixcatto 5 years.
Daegon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi, feels like I am a little late to the party but I am really enjoying a playthrough of D2 with this amazing mod again, despite the tiny 800x600 window I am playing with in the middle of my screen :lol:

So I chose this build and am loving it so far, excellent detailed guide and well laid out so thank you for that. Got some questions if anyone is around to answer please :

1. With regards to general playstyle, do we have Windform on the left click and actually use it to attack alongside our summons? Or is it more a passive playstyle and hide behind summons? Or should something else be on the left click? Ideally I would have liked stances to be available on the left click so I woulnd't lose defense switching out of Bear to summon spirits that die.. but anyway... The only other thing I can think of as to why we specced down into Windform is to use it when stuck to go 'through'' mobs to escape?

2. The guide lists the gear progression very well by early, mid and late game - but doesn't mention anything about base items - should I be using the best possible base (ie Ancient Armour, Greaves, Gauntlets, Plated belt etc) AND sacred - for runewords and Honorfic item crafts? Or should it be the lowest base (boots, leather gloves etc) but lvl 6 - for max sockets, and max possible MO enchants?

3. Is there any way to more quickly transfer items between inventory and stash? Similar to Path of Exile's CTRL + left click? My wrists and forearms are suffering from all the manual left clicking... I am playing single player Median XL and not ladder if that affects anything / tools allowed...

Thanks for reading, would appreciate any advice here.
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
1. On the left klick you always use Spirit Walk, with this you can easily teleport on enemies with your all company and you will never stuck by mobs. Windform is useable for certain ubers like vizjun or ureh. For the regular farm - always spirit walk.

2. Better rw base means better defence. You don't have more space for mo in the lowest base, cause item req will be always rw req. Find just the best.

3. Unfortunately it's impossible on current version of Median, but heads up - in sigma this has been implemented, so no more wrists and forearms suffering! :D
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Daegon wrote:Ideally I would have liked stances to be available on the left click so I woulnd't lose defense switching out of Bear to summon spirits that die.. but anyway...

You can put summon spirits on left click. Just shift click the ground.
Liberec1234
Prowler
19 | 1
@ScarletEdge just a thought, you could add a content table with hyperlinks somewhere at the begining of your guide so clicking for e.g. on midgame, jumps to that section right away.
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thx for guide. Most of time playthrough really smooth, even almost all items are crafts or common rw.

One thing i want to mention - obtaining Peace warder significantly simplifies playthrough. It usually cost in trade section 5-10 tg, and give your 15 scourges. They weaker than your barb summons, but they follow you and don't disapper. In many cases this is amazing :)

Also i swap priestess merc for abjurer, because priestess constantly shaking the screen with tremor skill and it very annoying for eyes.